What would the story for Rockman X9 be?

Irregular Ass-R-Us · 14300

Offline Irregular Ass-R-Us

• Dedicated Pompous Gimpy Douchebag With A Burning Passion! (◥▶◀◤).
  • Robot Master
  • Ultra Super Godly Royal [Top Spin]. (◥▶◀◤)
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 12:40:34 AM
Its less a problem with the emoticons themselves (Though seriously, this  >0< can die in a fire.) and more of the fact that you used four of them in a single sentence post.

X because X7 tried something different and that pissed people off, and when they went back to X8 it just wasn't as successful. (Also X8 wasn't really that great.)

I think  >0< is  kind of annoying but explain to me how posting 4 emoticons in a row is bad? Like i said i like them and that's that i , really don't want to argue. Anyway I agree with you on X7 but not on X8 you cant deny its amazing soundtrack and Bamboo Pandemonium (That Stage Was Cool)  and so was the soundtrack and anyway your opinion is your opinion my opinion , everyone is different.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 12:42:31 AM
I have had quite a rather large grudge against the storytelling in the X series sense Mega Man X 6. I just refused to accept the notion of reploid DNA. I mean it is all fine and dandy if you want to have unique electronic signatures of sorts which actually makes a lot of sense. But, calling it DNA really pisses me off. DNA stand for deoxyribonucleic acid which I highly doubt any reploid has. another thing that bothers me is the ideal the copy chip in general. I mean I know I'm reading way too much into it and its not meant to be teaching scientifically but that's just how my mind works and it's hard to understand what they're trying to explain sometimes. So from my standpoint since they started using DNA I no longer care about the story.not to mention the whole ability to go maverick at will In Mega Man X 8.

however if you really want to talk new storyline I think what they really need to do is focus on x again. I love the fact that he's a pretty realistic character most of the time when it comes to his personality.I like 0 lot and he's a pretty cool character but he's been very boring since Mega Man X 6. Though to be fair X hasnt grown much either.

if by some stroke of luck they decide to continue this series I really would love to see you more on the relationship between X and Zero. I know we've seen them be friends and war buddies but they really have not shown them at odds. X5 kind of tried but it felt kind of forced. I just find it very strange that they have to a very conflicting ideals and personalities yet always get along perfectly fine. It just feels to me that whatever x does Zero just supports regardless. don't get me wrong, that's what good friends do now and again but not with everything all the time. But again I'm reading for too much into it its just a game and this is why you keep my opinions about this to myself! XD

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 12:53:10 AM
The problem with the X series is that they make it up as they go along, and the titles are released inconsistently, so the story is just all over the place.  I mean, they're basically working off of a story that began in the 90's.  I don't know how you actually fix that without scrapping everything and starting over from a clean slate, like what they did in the Zero series.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 01:08:20 AM
The problem with the X series is that they make it up as they go along, and the titles are released inconsistently, so the story is just all over the place.  I mean, they're basically working off of a story that began in the 90's.  I don't know how you actually fix that without scrapping everything and starting over from a clean slate, like what they did in the Zero series.
This, just seriously this.  I seriously hate that, and as much as I love Zero and he's my favorite character he should have stayed dead.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 01:08:32 AM
You do it Metroid style, put games in a non linear storyline.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 01:09:43 AM
You do it Metroid style, put games in a non linear storyline.
Honestly for a platformer that would be a good idea sometimes.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 01:16:11 AM
I agree that the X series plot is a mess. I think they should continue with the Irregular Hunter X (Maverick Hunter X) since it made more sense and they should have continued with that but i don't think they will since the PSP wasn't well known that time. An Irregular Hunter X continuation would be more suitable since its graphics could be easily remodeled and made HD , good story and for me it had good gameplay but the original has the best.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 01:20:25 AM
It's not that the PSP wasn't well known, it didn't sell well because of lack of games and advertising of said games at the time.  That's a problem that a lot of game companies have, unless it's a game that will most likely sell well you don't see advertisements for them. 

Then again ads cost money and it's probably hard to determine what their target consumer will be watching among other things.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 01:27:20 AM
when someone asks "What do you think the plot of X9 could be"... this is your answer?
Wow.

What it "would", "could" or "should" be are three different question. Each of which can be answered to different extends. He simply asked the most difficult one.

I have had quite a rather large grudge against the storytelling in the X series sense Mega Man X 6. I just refused to accept the notion of reploid DNA. I mean it is all fine and dandy if you want to have unique electronic signatures of sorts which actually makes a lot of sense. But, calling it DNA really pisses me off. DNA stand for deoxyribonucleic acid which I highly doubt any reploid has.

X5 is the first entry to use "DNA program". The term may be an actual reference to DNA computing, but it's probably just a fancy schmancy way of saying "genetic blueprint". Either way, real life science is no stranger to its fair share of misnomers, so it really doesn't bother me.

horrible story telling.
You guys love to debate stupid Megaman plot points, but

Yes, the X-series is indeed a mess in dire need of both closure and a rewrite. While the developers do have the right ideas, the games themselved failed to convey them because of hardware limitations, corporate hogwash and translation issues. We debate those "stupid MegaMan plot points" to see beyond the many flaws of presentation.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 01:30:19 AM
They already did it before with the Xtreme games and it worked pretty well.
Another thing they could do would be.. actually think about the story. I think they should pull a Godzilla and throw out everything post x5. Make it some bs time travel story. It would probably suck but it is a plausible excuse to eff the later games.

And sorry i forgot about it being in x5.
I dont play that one a lot.
And its not the idea of the 'dna' that bugged me as i said. Its the terminology they used.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 01:36:16 AM
What they should is make Rockman X9 and Rockman X9 the prequel as a bonus CD with a OVA that explains you the whole storyline better , kind of like the Day of Sigma , that was really cool , however i don't think they will to hire an animation studio because it costs a lot . But if they did then playing Rockman X9 and the other games would make more sense.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 01:38:13 AM
Misread that. Thought you meant to make Megaman x9 a prequel.
Still, if a story does its job right it doesnt need to have a separate disc\video to explain.
Just a nice treat for long time fans.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #37 on: August 08, 2013, 01:44:27 AM
i was about to say that Xtreme 2 mentioned DNA first (DNA Souls and all) but that was released several months after X5 sooo yeah

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 08, 2013, 01:49:48 AM
One thing CAPCOM *could* (I doubt they will) is make a Full HD Remaster of all the X series (Including Extreme 1 and 2) and giving it the Irregular Hunter X treatment.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 08, 2013, 01:52:46 AM
translation issues

I'm still pretty sure that a lot of those "translation issues" were just "the same thing as in the original but clunkier" or "conscious changes during localization". But yeah, as much as I like the X series, the story can be...hurf.

Not to mention, I have this really bad feeling that we're meant to side with the humans even though we have no reason to other than "they're humans". Not very good writing, if that's indeed the case.

One thing CAPCOM *could* (I doubt they will) is make a Full HD Remaster of all the X series (Including Extreme 1 and 2) and giving it the Irregular Hunter X treatment.

'twould require too much effort on Capcom's part, unfortunately, and they hate effort as much as they hate taking risks.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 08, 2013, 01:56:15 AM
Unfortunately a better story and HD graphics aren't going to save the X series.

These games don't really sell anymore.  Part of the problem is Capcom.  They've associated Mega Man with "low quality" and "low budget" by releasing bad titles like X7, Xover, and now they're basically giving us the finger.  The other issue is that people don't want to pay full price for a game that they can beat in a couple hours.   It's either Capcom ups the difficulty so you spend more time on a single level (Like MM9) or they add actual depth to the game.  Running and gunning doesn't quite do it anymore.  Yeah they tried some sort of half-assed metroidvania style [parasitic bomb] in ZX, but the changes I'm thinking of need to be much more drastic.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 02:01:01 AM
Sorry when i meant remaster i meant that as a collection rather than a single remake for each game. 

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 02:13:08 AM
X7 may have sucked but it was a step in the right direction imho.
Better controls, functional camera and an explorable world would have greatly improved it.
There is no reason why it cant be a fully 3d game.
To varying degrees of success every other series has done it.
In the cases of Sonic Adventure, Mario, and other such platformers is felt it not only was a successful transition but expanded the experiance as a whole.
This is what should happen to the X series but i know it never will.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 02:28:51 AM
True.  X7 was a good concept, just poorly executed.  I wish we could sympathize with them and say, "Oh well, at least they tried," but Nintendo managed to bring Zelda, Mario, and Metroid all into 3D without accidentally creating some sort of video game humunculus.

I was all for MML3, because it was exactly that, Mega Man in full 3D.  But, you know...

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 08, 2013, 02:46:21 AM
well I'm not too sure about it and I don't know the specifics. But I do know that the Mario and Zelda games had a lot better development teams and a lot more time to work on their project. Judging from the fact that Mega Man xx was released in 2001with Mega Man X 7 released in just under 2 years after that. And honestly I would love to know how much time to actually spend on the game. really all it really boils down to is that Capcom didn't give the game the attention to detail it deserved. Graphics wise the game looks pretty damn good if you ask me. But all in all the final product feels like a nearly completed demo that needs a good amount of work before its done. And honestly I am not much of a Mega Man legends fan but I was really interested to see what the new game would have done.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 03:07:11 AM
ZX because while ZX 1 sold okay in Japan ZXA didn't and since Japan is all that Capcom cares about (ZXA was far more successful in the US) they said [tornado fang] it to any more ZX.

The funny part of this is that nowadays Capcom and pretty much every big name Japanese video game company only cares about the American market. Everything's gotta be a blockbuster, otherwise they don't care. Niche is not in their vocabulary anymore.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 03:11:06 AM
Yeah, funny how things turn around like that.

At the same time its sad because the American game market is easily as stagnant as the Japanese one, and I believe its self-inflicted in the US (It might be in Japan as well) because apparently people want little more than Brown shooters and stuff with zombies sometimes featuring done to death FPS/TPS gameplay and QTE's whenever they feel they're needed.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 08:08:29 AM
I still say we need a MegaMan X/Legends anime done by the people who make Avatar: The Last Airbender to get people actually interested in the series again.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 08:14:37 AM
I still say we need a MegaMan X/Legends anime done by the people who make Avatar: The Last Airbender to get people actually interested in the series again.

Then it wouldn't be an anime...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 08:17:23 AM
Cartoon, Anime...WHATEVER. I just wanna hear Quickie talk about how awesome her boomerang is