Reply #100 on: December 28, 2008, 05:45:10 AM
I'll skip the swearing one.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: December 28, 2008, 05:45:36 AM
i'd [tornado fang]ing win that shitstain [acid burst] easily, fagbiscuit.

I held my composure until fagbiscuit. Then, I [tornado fang]ing lol'd hard. XD

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: December 28, 2008, 05:47:13 AM
Damn, my suggestion at an easier award for me to win gets turned against me.

Oh well, I'll still have Laziest Member. >.>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: December 28, 2008, 05:48:14 AM
you'd be lying if you said you didn't think one of them would win.

but... I didn't... >.>;

Posted on: December 27, 2008, 11:48:04 PM
I held my composure until fagbiscuit. Then, I [tornado fang]ing lol'd hard. XD
this.

how about,
most decent artist award? as in, for those decent arists who have no chance in hell against the likes of artists like Akira, but are still pretty good.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #104 on: December 28, 2008, 05:49:15 AM
Damn, my suggestion at an easier award for me to win gets turned against me.

Oh well, I'll still have Laziest Member. >.>
I ain't letting ya steal that award so easily, I'll get ya with my lazybeams. <_<

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #105 on: December 28, 2008, 06:24:11 AM
"Fagbiscuit."  I should start using that as an insult. 

Anywho, I'm all for perhaps expanding some categories so that more members can have a chance.  Right now, they're all or nothing and we can already predict the winners with almost 100% accuracy.  I mean, we do have a number of talented artists here, we should expand the category to something like "Most Productive Artist," "Most Varied Artist," "Most Obscure Medium," "Best Portrait Artist," etc. etc.  Same with the writer category.  "Most Varied Storyteller," "Most Gripping Action Writer," "Most Humourous Writer," "Best Sci-Fi Writer," "Best Erotic Fiction Writer," "Best Characters," etc. 

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: December 28, 2008, 06:36:40 AM
The only problem I have with that, is that I'm sure that many, including me, won't know who to vote for and will just choose a random person and vote for them.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: December 28, 2008, 06:43:25 AM
well, thats why people should pay more attention to art threads~ [/totally not advertisement]
how about something for the Oekaki? I mean, it  counts as art, but then again, it also doesnt... like, best oekakist, most original oekakist, etc.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: December 28, 2008, 07:15:13 AM
Same with the writer category.  "Most Varied Storyteller," "Most Gripping Action Writer," "Most Humourous Writer," "Best Sci-Fi Writer," "Best Erotic Fiction Writer,"

I'd probably win all of these.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: December 28, 2008, 07:18:47 AM
Wouldn't Sub beat you in that last category?

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #110 on: December 28, 2008, 07:42:56 AM
Hrm, I got to thinking, why most of us seem to get rather bent outta shape over the results of the awards each year.  This is a forum full of nerds.  And nerds, for the most part, are social outcasts.  Most of us have memories of really lousy highschool years in which we were ignored, ostracized, bullied, etc., and loathe popularity contests.  However, when we escape to the forums and see that people respond well to us, we're known by name and such, then it gives us a feeling that perhaps we have gained some popularity.  Then comes the awards results and the same two or three people won the same awards as usual.  We scroll down the list to find our names and see either very, very few votes or our names are not even on the list.  We are once again reminded that we are not popular and are merely tolerated.  And to be quite honest, it really [tornado fang]ing hurts. 

Yeah, popularity on the Net means bupkiss, but it's popularity that most of us nerds would otherwise never have.  So it's relatively easy to see why anyone would latch onto such popularity.  It feels good to be liked, dammit! 

But then again, we're leaving the voting to young, immature, socially-awkward nerds, and they will immediatly flock to those who garner the most respect and admiration, or just randomly pick people as they really don't know who to vote for to begin with. 

Since the Member Awards are not well-recieved at all, perhaps those awards should be done away with entirely.  Have the Best of That Previous Year, but leave out the Member Awards.  During the voting, people take it too seriously.  After the results, us sore losers feel maligned.  No one is having fun with this, obviously. 

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: December 28, 2008, 07:45:10 AM

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: December 28, 2008, 07:49:35 AM
[...] No one is having fun with this, obviously. 

D:

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #113 on: December 28, 2008, 07:50:04 AM
I'm a loser and I'm still having fun. =o
But it is my first year with these awards.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: December 28, 2008, 07:53:08 AM
...No one is having fun with this, obviously. 

That's not true and you know it.

Vixy, Sub Tank, PB, and Acid all have fun with it.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #115 on: December 28, 2008, 07:54:04 AM
No one else is having fun with this anymore, then.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: December 28, 2008, 07:59:03 AM
Yeah it's kinda true since PB and Vixy win the awards all the time. -u-'

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: December 28, 2008, 08:01:35 AM
Hrm, I got to thinking, why most of us seem to get rather bent outta shape over the results of the awards each year.  This is a forum full of nerds.  And nerds, for the most part, are social outcasts.  Most of us have memories of really lousy highschool years in which we were ignored, ostracized, bullied, etc., and loathe popularity contests.  However, when we escape to the forums and see that people respond well to us, we're known by name and such, then it gives us a feeling that perhaps we have gained some popularity.
Not all of us had terrible high school years. I, for one, am enjoying high school, surrounded by many friends and often had to chose which parties to go to. We do club activities and at least I try to help all those in need. Some don't use the internet to get away from life.
Then comes the awards results and the same two or three people won the same awards as usual.  We scroll down the list to find our names and see either very, very few votes or our names are not even on the list.  We are once again reminded that we are not popular and are merely tolerated.  And to be quite honest, it really [tornado fang]ing hurts.
Then do more to get recognized. Quickie, your art is extremely beautiful and well done. I often wished that I had your drawing ability and not you so that I can show of my drawing skills on RPM. However, I haven't really seen much of your art in recent months, so it makes it hard to remember that, "Yea Quickie has heart warming or comical drawings"...
Yeah, popularity on the Net means bupkiss, but it's popularity that most of us nerds would otherwise never have.  So it's relatively easy to see why anyone would latch onto such popularity.  It feels good to be liked, dammit! 
Of course it is, but people are getting flustered by...
young, immature, socially-awkward nerds, and they will immediatly flock to those who garner the most respect and admiration, or just randomly pick people as they really don't know who to vote for to begin with. 
This is the internet. Not a good place to have your feelings revealed.  :\

And above all, Quickie, I am not writing this to offend you. Please, no hard feelings?

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #118 on: December 28, 2008, 08:23:54 AM
No one else is having fun with this anymore, then.
I still think it's amusing and can be a little way into people's heads here. But to quote your last big post without quoting, that's why I don't vote. Most things already have a popularity winner by default and the rest are just joke votes. There's always gonna be a core clique anywhere, and yes it does stand out in a high school-ish way here, whether it's the awards, comics/gift arts, etc. And the majority of us just won't ever be a part of it, so I gave up worrying about it a long time ago. You can't be everyone's BFF, or hold a crappy reality show like Paris Hilton to get acceptance from people that way. Doing extra stuff just to be "recognized" or added to that clique isn't worth the time.

But just because you don't get voted for some or any awards doesn't mean people dislike you. I got no votes for anything art related, but I have like a good 10 people on this forum who watch my dA page. They must like my art for some reason, even if they didn't vote for me in the RPM awards. I can't take most of the awards seriously anyway. (Seriously, Lucky Star? OMG Brawl BEST VIDYA GAME EVAR?!) XD So it doesn't seriously bother me that I didn't get the votes to remotely come close in winning anything.

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: December 28, 2008, 08:32:51 AM
You can't be everyone's BFF

LoL, I do my best!   8D

Unrelated, but I know Jelly LOVES his BFF's!   8)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: December 28, 2008, 08:37:39 AM
(Seriously, Lucky Star? OMG Brawl BEST VIDYA GAME EVAR?!)

Finally something I can sink my teeth into. Brawl is awesome. NOT Super Mario Bros. 3 awesome. Lucky Star is cool, but Meiji Era Swordsmen (Rurouni Kenshin), Space Pirates/Bounty Hunters (Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop) and a good bunch more shows have a lot more going for them. XD

Posted on: December 28, 2008, 02:36:33 AM
Unrelated, but I know Jelly LOVES his BFF's!   8)

Also, [tornado fang] you too. You know you ADORE my Critical Hits that don't hit you. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: December 28, 2008, 08:38:11 AM
Yeah in my opinion Brawl is too overly hyped right now when it's been out for almost a year.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: December 28, 2008, 08:39:28 AM
That tends to happen to good games Sakura. Mind you, "good" in this sentence is subjective.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: December 28, 2008, 08:41:41 AM
Very subjective, I still can't believe Brawl is still hated so much for not being Melee 2.0. Not to mention that they've even HACKED IT to become Melee 2.0.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: December 28, 2008, 08:43:16 AM
I give Brawl... A score of 8.8

I'm watching you all. Always watching.