RPM Magical DASH

White-Jet · 17497

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
on: January 21, 2013, 09:23:01 AM
What happened if the world of RPM tried to help rescue Megaman Vollnut from the moon?  Someone decided to figure that out.

No one knows who came up with the idea, but for whatever reason, the seven Yashichi were gathered and the Dragon Sky was summoned.  But instead of doing the smart thing by wishing Capcom to grow a braincell and revive the cancelled series, they chose to open a portal to the mostly flooded world of Mega Man Legends, hoping to use their technology and magic to help his friends build the rocket and get him off the moon.

The reason seemed simple, no matter how many hopes and dreams it took, the Dragon Sky cannot generate enough power to make the brain dead management division of Capcom change their minds about their previous business decisions.  So if anything, they can at least feel satisfied helping the cast build the rocket needed to get Mega Man Vollnut off the moon and back to happily digging Refractor Crystals with his family and friends.

Unfortunately, there was a botch in the relaying that wish to Dragon Sky, causing the worlds to merge instead of simply opening the portal to the Mega Man Legends universe.  Before they could get the Dragon Sky to rectify the problem, the Glyde Family somehow overheard his ability to grand wishes and tricked him into wishing away his memories, turning him into a mindless pet who only obeys their every whim.

Now RPM is flooded with only the tallest buildings acting as artificial land for those trying to survive and figure out a way to reverse this problem.  Those who didn't have the income or materials needed to retreat to space to seek shelter and food from the many stations floating around RPM struggle to survive either digging up Refractor Crystals from the ruins that have also crossed over from the Legends universe, joining the forces of good to hunt down the Glyde Family and rescue Dragon Sky from their greedy clutches, or working to rectify the problem themselves through what technology they can fish out of the water and repair the damage caused by their submersion.

A week into the fiasco, rumors began spreading that the RoBear inhabitants have been busy building 21 temples high enough for all to see.  Those who have snuck into these temples, however, only found candy fruit, leading them to think the Berbils were catering to their needs by providing enough food to last them until one of the three solutions could be reached.

But some claim that they can see Tarot Cat's animated cards, fully materialized and hiding in the shadows, overlooking the Berbil's work, raising more questions as to what was going on and if this was going to be another solution to saving their city and Dragon Sky.  Those who got too close were immediately chased out by the Reverbots that have mysteriously found their way into the temple.

Some who were familiar with Tarot Cat's existence quickly became aware that one of the cards is missing from the temples: The Hierophant; the priest who is supposedly in charge of knowing and sharing the full details of their origin.

Those who either have nothing better to do, or have no way of joining those who have sought their own means of surviving and saving their city, quickly chose to pursue the missing card and get the information out of him before the Glyde Family or some other greedy numbnuts catch onto the rumor and decide to pursue the chase themselves with much worse results than what the more faithful members had in mind.

Will you be the one to find the card and uncover the secrets he may be holding, or will you help rescue the Dragon Sky and return him to the grumpy MacGuffin we know and love?  Or would you rather be a neutral and find your own means of surviving and/or saving the city from a doom waiting to happen.  The choice is yours! owob

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:28:41 AM
*floats in ocean at former location of the Catgirl cafe*

"[tornado fang]"

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 09:46:13 AM
Flame suddenly sees a Submarine rising out of the water in front of him.  The hatch opened up and Sakura's head popped out.

"Flame do you need a hand?"

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 09:49:27 AM
"I could use a towel."

Flame swims to the sub and reaches his hand out for a pull, since his waterlogged clothes plus his already formidable weight make for one hell of a climbing impediment

"Can't a guy just have a damn cup of tea without some kind of catastrophe happening?"

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 09:52:03 AM
Sakura pulled Flame into the sub and closed the hatch once again.

"I don't really have tea in here but I am making some coffee right now if you want some.  But for now here's a towel." Sakura said as she handed him a towel.

(How submerged is RPM exactly?)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 10:12:06 AM
(My calculations suck when it comes to distance, so it would probably be as deep as Legends' oceans, or deep enough to submerge half a skyscraper)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 10:16:56 AM
(So pretty much everything except the WDS?)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 10:24:08 AM
(Something like that, although maybe I should lower it to just barely touching the peak of the Ping Pong Pagoda, that way, there would be more than just the WDS that survived total submersion...or not '>.>)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27:54 AM
(Yeah maybe, though I don't think it would be much better.  What I want to know is where the heck the Catgirl Cafe is, is it Sky's Cafe?)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 10:30:50 AM
(Ah...well like I mentioned in the synopsis, there's the other Islands from the Legends series, so we probably shouldn't have anything to worry about)

Archer

Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 10:31:44 AM
What happened if the world of RPM tried to help rescue Megaman Vollnut from the moon?

man [tornado fang] this

pass

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15:07 PM
The catgirl cafe is the sky cafe I think.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 07:16:49 PM
(That makes sense.)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 08:31:21 PM
Gaia in his space station notices the weird merger going on below from the sky deck.

Gaia: What the [tornado fang] is going on..? Can someone get me Wily II on the phone?!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 11:38:00 PM
(Need moar info.  What does the RPM complex look like?  I'm trying to figure out where, if anywhere, my character might be during this happenstance.  :B)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 11:47:44 PM
(I'll have a half-assed pic up soon, but basically, only the tallest buildings, or buildings that aren't rooted to the ground, can still be seen within the body of water, plus the ruins and towns from the MML Universe)

Off in the distance is a small tugboat with an orange Berbil standing before the wheel.  It appears to be looking around for something.

Just then, five Berbils popped out of the water around the tugboat, all chittering in their own language while piling on some metallic junk they seemingly dug up from the bottom of the ocean.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 11:50:34 PM
(If you want you can look at the Map of RPM in fan creations if you want a general idea of what it was before the merge.)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 11:58:46 PM
(Actually, I'm painting a copy of the RPM map right now.  IT'll be the bluest recoloring you will ever see! 8D)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 12:04:39 AM
(Awesome, I wish my Shack survived.)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 01:16:18 AM
(I got the pic up on the first post.  It probably should have been bigger when clicked on, but still there's the original RPM Map for those who want to know what the surviving buildings are)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 01:20:44 AM
(Well I guess 2 out of 3 weapons shacks is good enough. XD)

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 01:51:17 AM
(Reposting for the tl;rl that may have missed it earlier :P)

Off in the distance is a small tugboat with an orange Berbil standing before the wheel.  It appears to be looking around for something.

Just then, five Berbils popped out of the water around the tugboat, all chittering in their own language while piling on some metallic junk they seemingly dug up from the bottom of the ocean.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 02:12:34 AM
{Thanks for the maps, guys!  I got it figured out.  :3}

"I swear to God, I'm going to beat your score at this game, Vixy!"

Elsewhere entirely, an olive-gold fox had been deeply involved in a chain session of Galaga in Vixy's Game Corner, determined that his initials would be the ones at the top of that high score list.  For hours, he'd been playing -- with no bathroom breaks, no food breaks.  He was entirely focused in this goal... until the power flickered, causing him to lose all progress he'd made in his most recent attempt.

"No!  Nooooo!" he screamed.  He slumped, his head on the console and fist thumping against the Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga 20th Anniversary machine's screen.  "No...  Why...?  That's-- that's not fair..."
Joseph stood back up with a whimper, then gave a sigh.  He then looked at ihis watch.  "... oh wow.  Have I really been here that long?  I should get going..."  And so, he walked toward the doors of the game center.

As he walked outside and took a breath of fresh air, he noticed something.  Something was off... different...  Something had changed.

"... where's... everything?"

He looked around.  The game center was still there and perfectly intact... and the Sex Shack down the road was still there.  But the Gym that was there before had vanished.  He looked to the South, eyeing the ominous, blue tower in the distance.  His face took on a horrified look.  He now realized what had happened...

"... oh.  My.  God.  The future from SaGa 3 came to pass!  This world has become a Floodworld!!"

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 04:53:06 AM
[lol my rift that i tried to remove]

As Taylor stood upon her floating island, she watched the worlds merge. "Floods, eh? WombatMan?"

"Yes?" said a voice from her side.

"Are you ready?"

"For what?" the voice replied.

"It's time we began one hell of an oceanic adventure!" she said.

"But I hate the water!"

"Oh relax, you'll survive." She headed into her lab and prepared for the trip. She was quite happy; soon she'd see if that boat she made would actually work!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 06:19:02 AM
The Badlands Sex shack branch survived? AWESOME. EGGMANLAND survived? Even more amazing.

Now, wouldnt it be kind of too easy to get trigger off the moon with all the space travel, teleportation and all that other good [parasitic bomb] RPM has?