Possible third season of CODE GEASS - Lelouch of the Rebellion?

Saber · 39865

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 03:29:38 AM
Damn, I can't find much rebuttal to the points that video makes. I already had my doubts since the first time since there was that origami bird on the carriage, and honestly CC doesn't give a [parasitic bomb] about Nunnally.
Join the club. I watched the video as well, and damn me if it doesn't make pretty goddamn valid points.

Oh and...
[...] Break Dancing Kung Fu Mecha >>>>>>>>>>>> Beam HAXXORZ. XD
XDDDD

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 04:08:18 AM
Join the club. I watched the video as well, and damn me if it doesn't make pretty goddamn valid points.

Pretty desperate points. Stealing a code off Charles despite the complete lack of any hint towards this in the show? That whole having to die before codes start working thing? I mean, it's been a while since I saw the show, but was there any hint towards that at all?

Just looks like someone's desperate for Lelouch to have lived, so they're going out of their way to find ways for it to be possible.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 26, 2008, 04:25:41 AM

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008, 07:35:48 AM
I like Code Geass Season 1 and the first half of R2 but the other half didn't give us proper character development and the kept on making Suzaku the bad guy. What's the deal?! They can't give the poor guy break and yet they let Lelouch get away with all types of stuff. They left a lot unexplained in Season One and with R2 they rewritten the show to fit the new time slot they placed it in. I want [tornado fang]ing answers on what exactly is Geass, what are the functions and who were those kids in the second opening. I wouldn't mind if they ppulled an Eva on me and intentionally placded the answers all over the show to keep me preoccupied for a decade.

Aresian

Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 08:33:28 AM
You're my boy and all, and as much as I want more Lancelot Albion vs. Guren SEITEN level of hax fights (funny how much I hated when they did this during the show's run XD), Break Dancing Kung Fu Mecha >>>>>>>>>>>> Beam HAXXORZ. XD

Heh, I'll always prefer beam spam/hax, but eh, the break dancing was some tight [parasitic bomb].

So, fair enough. I'll call it even. Just more CG in general would suit me.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9302/1223913977721ja7.jpg
8D 8D after thousand of years...his back....8D

Also... strangely believeable.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 04:18:16 PM
That post timeskip Nunnally is hot

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 04:27:04 PM
That post timeskip Nunnally is hot

It's not Nunnally.

Offline TAoR

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 05:12:10 PM
Doesn't change the fact that she's hot.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 01:33:31 AM
Pretty desperate points. Stealing a code off Charles despite the complete lack of any hint towards this in the show? That whole having to die before codes start working thing? I mean, it's been a while since I saw the show, but was there any hint towards that at all?

The hint is in the two cases of a Code transferal we've seen in the series. First C.C., she had it forced on her, in that event both her and the fake-nun died. A wound she obtained below her chest is a scar shaped similarly to a Geass sigil and never healed, despite her newfound immortality. Her Code is however on her forehead, not on the location of that wound.

The other scenario is with Charles, who forcefully took the code from V.V., who then dies from his wounds. What follows is Lelouch using an elaborate ploy to use Geass on Charles. Charles then shoots himself in the chest and falls to the ground dead... after which he gets up again.

So, from what we've seen, the Code can be forced on someone, stolen from someone, so it's no far stretch that it can be given without being aware of it. Especially when it's the World of C itself is wiping the current holder out of existence. From there, they've definitely established some sort of theme that the new holder should die before becoming immortal. It's just too bad we haven't seen Charles use his Geass after stealing V.V.'s Code to confirm or deny whether it's possible. But even if we had that piece of info, it all still relies on whether or note Lelouch actually did get the Code in the first place.

Offline Tsukishiro

• Seeker of Life, Friends, and Magic!
  • Robot Master
  • Doing my usual stuff, when I'm not sleeping...
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 02:14:39 AM
Hmm... Looks... pretty valid... D:

Well, it was something that I ran into after I was finished viewing the anime series, and I was reading up on this very thread when I found it, so I figured that posting it would fit into this discussion.
Lucky me, huh?

Rockman! May you and all those who stand with you throughout the ages fight for everlasting peace!

Viva la Infaking, baby!

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 07:27:31 AM
From there, they've definitely established some sort of theme that the new holder should die before becoming immortal.

No they haven't. They've shown that C.C was covered in blood after the nun killed herself. We have no idea whether she would have died without a code, or if this somehow activated it, or even what the hell happened. Did the nun give her the code, then attack her, then kill herself, or what? Why would she do that? Maybe C.C got bored of immortality after um about 2 seconds and tried suicide? That whole scene makes no sense.

Charles shooting himself is just [tornado fang]ing with Lelouch, 'cause that's what he does. Note the complete lack of the typical Geass effects or red eyes. I mean, even if you do assume he needed to get killed to activate his code, he still did it in the way that would freak Lelouch out most rather than just shooting himself or whatever in private, so it's not like it's out of character.

You can assume codes activate as soon as they're given, and the show makes just as much sense as with the needing to be killed thing. All these bizarre activation conditions people have thought up are just desperate desperate desperation for Lelouch to be alive. Doesn't matter what happened, doesn't matter what the creators say, he has to be alive. Why? I dunno. I guess it's very important to them? :/

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 12:09:39 PM
I'm going to trash Sunrise if they revive Lelouch after dying so openly like that. It wouldn't make any sense. This is different from Kira in SEED/SEED DESTINY. We SAW Lelouch die, he was next to his most important person, there were flashbacks of all he had done and he slowly closed his eyes. He's dead, and if they revive him, it's total trainwreck.

Besides, taking a look at all what happened up to this point, Lelouch never did mention himself living in the world he wanted to create for Nunnally and the other people he cared about, did he not? Not to mention he once again said the perhaps most important sentence in the entire series again, reciting himself from the very first episode:

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 05:34:18 PM
You can assume codes activate as soon as they're given, and the show makes just as much sense as with the needing to be killed thing. All these bizarre activation conditions people have thought up are just desperate desperate desperation for Lelouch to be alive. Doesn't matter what happened, doesn't matter what the creators say, he has to be alive. Why? I dunno. I guess it's very important to them? :/

You say the C.C. scene makes no sense, yet when an explanation is given to that you disregard it because it's only rooted in fan boyish desire to revive Lelouch? There's even a clear Geass sigil-shaped scar for the wound she was inflicted on that day. The mortal wound inflicted upon C.C. and the subsequent death of the nun is entirely related to the transfer of the Code. Keeping in mind that C.C. had it forced upon her, whereas Charles took it by force, there's going to be difference in the procedure. Much like there would be differences when C.C. and Charles were making a mutual agreement to transfer the Code.

What you're misunderstanding is that in the first place it isn't even clear what happened to Charles' Code. Thus any prerequisite to the Code's activation has no bearing on Lelouch's revival until the initial question of whether a transfer occurred is addressed. The only thing we can be sure of is Lelouch's own uncertainty on the matter, whether he survived or died, he was wholly expecting to die, as it's the development that makes his character go full circle. However, with his development in relation to the Witch C.C., it is the question of whether or not he truly did become a Warlock. If he did survive through means of immortality, it would be a curse instead of a blessing. Having discarded everything and turned the world against him, he can't live in the carefree world of his own creation and would be forced to exile himself for eternity. Living such a life is simply worse than death. His only consolidation would be living with the woman that experienced the same.

Again though, it can really go both ways. That's actually the amazing thing about the ending of Geass. Lelouch's final sacrifice was the perfect ending of the series and the mysteries surrounding it only make it better. It feels dramatic and final when you first watch it, but for the hopeful he still could have survived. In this way they established an ending that would please everyone. The only pity about Geass' ending is that it came too soon. They did not cover some key aspects of the storyline leading up to this point and rushed some others. Geass should certainly continue to explore these aspects, but for Lelouch himself, the mystery of his death should always remain.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 05:55:39 PM
You say the C.C. scene makes no sense, yet when an explanation is given to that you disregard it because it's only rooted in fan boyish desire to revive Lelouch?

Well yeah. I suppose it's possible that unwilling code recipients need to be murdered to facilitate the transfer. It's just as possible that any women with green hair who are given codes start bleeding mysteriously.

I dunno, starting with the conclusion that Lelouch is alive and then working backwards to try and find a way for it to be possible doesn't seem wise to me.

Again though, it can really go both ways.

Unless you listen to the people who made the show. :/

Aresian

Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 06:52:40 PM
I wouldn't waste effort. He's one of "those" kind of people, Zan.

Still, I enjoyed reading that, it makes valid sense and a few things there I didn't even think of. A survived Lelouche is highly probable.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 07:59:26 PM
(Unless you listen to the people who made the show)

Offline Zx

• You're already dead
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Come and fight!"
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 08:37:21 PM
A survived Lelouche is highly probable.
This is what happen when someone said that Lelouch is alive

"Di Mant de Vongole Primo!"

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 09:16:22 PM
Heh Heh Heh! Serves them right!  XD

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 09:33:12 PM
If you insist on using pngs even where they're not appropriate, the jpegs are gonna get jealous. D:

Aresian

Reply #46 on: January 01, 2009, 03:51:10 AM
This is what happen when someone said that Lelouch is alive

You do realize I do this stuff for the lulz more than anything, rite? If I get people riled up over animu, more power to me. :3

Incidently, I don't listen to the makers of anything until time has come to pass. Why? Because people are prone to LYING.

Look it up in the dictionary, Tickleface.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 08:04:11 PM
Because people are prone to LYING.

And we're all so gullible to believe things like Nunnaly and Sayako being dead.... Really, no matter how you see it, 'Lelouch' is dead. Even with whatever theories you have, he discarded himself and died, surely that Lelouch ended his life then and there. Even if we go with the notion that he recovered through use of Charles' Code, with the life he'd now be forced to live, he no longer is the Lelouch we all knew. The mask of Zero has been given away, the life of Lelouch Lamperouge an impossible dream and the life of Lelouch vi Brittannia a discarded goal. Especially since in such a situation he no longer has the Geass to rely on. Even if Lelouch is still alive, as the person that drives the setting of Geass, he is dead. His infamous words used to usher in commands shall never again be said.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 01, 2009, 10:34:54 PM
And we're all so gullible to believe things like Nunnaly and Sayako being dead....

I wanted to believe

Aresian

Reply #49 on: January 01, 2009, 11:05:00 PM
And we're all so gullible to believe things like Nunnaly and Sayako being dead.... Really, no matter how you see it, 'Lelouch' is dead. Even with whatever theories you have, he discarded himself and died, surely that Lelouch ended his life then and there. Even if we go with the notion that he recovered through use of Charles' Code, with the life he'd now be forced to live, he no longer is the Lelouch we all knew. The mask of Zero has been given away, the life of Lelouch Lamperouge an impossible dream and the life of Lelouch vi Brittannia a discarded goal. Especially since in such a situation he no longer has the Geass to rely on. Even if Lelouch is still alive, as the person that drives the setting of Geass, he is dead. His infamous words used to usher in commands shall never again be said.

True, true. As sad as it is, it is an inevitable truth... The Lelouche we know and love shall be missed.

I wanted to believe

That's because you're a disturbing sadist. >_>