Pokemon Generation VI: X/Y & Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Guest · 762662

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #4475 on: November 15, 2013, 07:17:03 AM
Wait what?! You have a pack of perfect IV Dittos? That doesn't seem possible.

Either way, you'll still have to put up with 1/32 chance of getting a perfect IV offspring.

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4476 on: November 15, 2013, 07:18:53 AM
Post-game is a good time to work on leveling.  Mewtwo's been put through his paces.  Once he's on par with the rest of the team, I'll start adding in some lower-levels and work on them.  Xerneas and Zygarde are on that list of Pokemon who need leveled.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #4477 on: November 15, 2013, 07:22:29 AM
wut

No, you need to gradually build up your breeding pairs. At the moment (pre-Bank) it's only really suitable to start with Safari Dittos (2V) or existing 4V/5V pokemon (Wonder Trade!) though 3V is possible to start with too if you have Dittos with different max values. If you have a 6V Ditto, you've cut out a bit of work you need to do, but you still need to get your same-species breeding partners up to 4V and eventually 5V for more consistent breeding.

I've been following this guide, with the exception of Power Items (haven't bought them yet).

Wait... you can't breed two Dittos to get another Ditto?

Wait what?! You have a pack of perfect IV Dittos? That doesn't seem possible.

Either way, you'll still have to put up with 1/32 chance of getting a perfect IV offspring.

Not in X or Y, in... was it Black and White or Black and White 2? Anyway, yes... you have NO idea how long it took to get each of every Nature of Dittos with perfect 6 IVs, I manage to snag them post-game. It's possible, but VERY time consuming... never doing that again.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #4478 on: November 15, 2013, 07:23:42 AM
Haha, nope, definitely not!

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4479 on: November 15, 2013, 07:24:34 AM
Also HATE GTS... what the hell is up with Mewtwos and Yveltals for a Ditto? Especially the Japanese (mostly Japanese) players. Can't I get a Ditto for a Ditto? Sheesh.

Haha, nope, definitely not!

Why not? Is there any way to get a Ditto offspring? Never tried to get one before, but that seems strange.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #4480 on: November 15, 2013, 07:30:38 AM

Not in X or Y, in... was it Black and White or Black and White 2? Anyway, yes... you have NO idea how long it took to get each of every Nature of Dittos with perfect 6 IVs, I manage to snag them post-game. It's possible, but VERY time consuming... never doing that again.

B(

That proclamation seems rather suspect. Considering that in my drawer I have the infamous AR.

Also, if there is anything anyone should take away from their experiences with GTS, its that every country has their share of ABSOLUTE MORONS.

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4481 on: November 15, 2013, 07:34:01 AM
^I've also traded to get some of those Dittos as well, just a couple or so, but I manage to get them still.

Got Docile and Quirky on my Nature, bringing me to have 20 out of the 25 Natures in this game. Where in the world is that blasted Impish Ditto?!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4482 on: November 15, 2013, 07:35:14 AM
I have better luck with Wonder Trade.  Managed to get a couple of starters from GTS, but I mainly would put up a random Pokemon and ask for anything.  Male, female, any level, Nature, Ability, I'm not picky.  I will take your breed fodder.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4483 on: November 15, 2013, 07:44:50 AM
I have better luck with Wonder Trade.  Managed to get a couple of starters from GTS, but I mainly would put up a random Pokemon and ask for anything.  Male, female, any level, Nature, Ability, I'm not picky.  I will take your breed fodder.

Are you talking about my Dittos?

Doubles I got so far:
Hardy
Mild
Serious
Naughty
Docile
Lax
Calm
Bashful

I just got another Nature, Hasty, for my Ditto leaving me 4 Natures left for the Ditto Breed Fodder.

EDIT: Brave and Adamant Nature Ditto added to my Doubles List.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4484 on: November 15, 2013, 07:51:04 AM
I've never had any problem with GTS. I ask for stuff I want, put up a Charmander, and I get it!

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4485 on: November 15, 2013, 07:53:55 AM
I've never had any problem with GTS. I ask for stuff I want, put up a Charmander, and I get it!

I put up a Charmander asking for a Squirtle in GTS, waited 3 days... never got a Squirtle.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4486 on: November 15, 2013, 07:54:58 AM
Speaking of trading, maybe you guys can help me out with this. I'm too lazy to sift through thousands of GTS entries so I'll just see if any of you guys are up for it. Any of you all willing to temporarily trade off my Xerneas for a Yveltal and then allow me to trade it off to my other friend and all the way back for Pokedexes?

I'm also looking for an Umbreon for my stupid Umbreon-obsessed friend to play with in Amie so she'll shut up about it. I don't care about stats or level. Not like I'll use it anyway. I have an extra Ralts to put up, but I can negotiate on that.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4487 on: November 15, 2013, 07:57:38 AM
I don't have a Yvetal, but I do have extra Eevees.  Just got another through Wonder Trade, and a Torchic, too!  I need to infect some more Abras with Pokerus and send them off.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4488 on: November 15, 2013, 08:00:19 AM
Speaking of trading, maybe you guys can help me out with this. I'm too lazy to sift through thousands of GTS entries so I'll just see if any of you guys are up for it. Any of you all willing to temporarily trade off my Xerneas for a Yveltal and then allow me to trade it off to my other friend and all the way back for Pokedexes?

I'm also looking for an Umbreon for my stupid Umbreon-obsessed friend to play with in Amie so she'll shut up about it. I don't care about stats or level. Not like I'll use it anyway. I have an extra Ralts to put up, but I can negotiate on that.

Wait, so we temporarily trade our Yveltal and Xerneas and you give the Yveltal to your friend and have that friend it back to you than trade the person'a Yveltal back for your Xerneas... did I get that right?

And I got a Rash Ditto, bringing my total to 22/25 Natures for Ditto. My lord... why can't I find an Impish Ditto. ^_^;

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4489 on: November 15, 2013, 08:03:29 AM
I just caught an Abra by chance if you want it for one of the Eevees. :/ Female Lv. 10 with a timid nature.

Speaking of which, you're still not friended. I've already registered you. :T

Wait, so we temporarily trade our Yveltal and Xerneas and you give the Yveltal to your friend and have that friend it back to you than trade the person'a Yveltal back for your Xerneas... did I get that right?

Pretty much, yeah. Hell, if I wasn't unsure other people needed it to fill their 'dexes, you could keep Xerneas. I don't have a particular attachment to it.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4490 on: November 15, 2013, 08:10:05 AM
^You would give up Xerneas that easily? I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands.

And now I'm officially friends forever with my Mewtwo! ^_^
Alright I'm going to need to rack in more money to buy more Quick and Dusk Balls! I ran out hunting those Dittos!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4491 on: November 15, 2013, 08:11:02 AM
I just caught an Abra by chance if you want it for one of the Eevees. :/ Female Lv. 10 with a timid nature.

Speaking of which, you're still not friended. I've already registered you. :T

Pretty much, yeah. Hell, if I wasn't unsure other people needed it to fill their 'dexes, you could keep Xerneas. I don't have a particular attachment to it.

Give me a moment, infecting another Abra.  I have these in bulk.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4492 on: November 15, 2013, 08:13:08 AM
^You would give up Xerneas that easily? I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands.

Like I said, if you want to keep it, that's fine. But I want to make sure none of my other friends who have Y don't need it for their Pokedexes. I also have Mewtwo with Mewtwonite X that I really don't care for as well. But again. Implying my other friends don't need it first.
Really, the only Legendaries I really want to own are Giratina and Suicune. Couldn't care less for any of the others.

Give me a moment, infecting another Abra.  I have these in bulk.

This made me laugh for some reason.
You're like a Sam's Club for Abras.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4493 on: November 15, 2013, 08:20:14 AM
I've been breeding them, and now I'm infecting them with Pokerus.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4494 on: November 15, 2013, 08:21:28 AM
Like I said, if you want to keep it, that's fine. But I want to make sure none of my other friends who have Y don't need it for their Pokedexes. I also have Mewtwo with Mewtwonite X that I really don't care for as well. But again. Implying my other friends don't need it first.
Really, the only Legendaries I really want to own are Giratina and Suicune. Couldn't care less for any of the others.

Alright, I can wait. I wouldn't mind a Mewtwo with a Mewtwonite X attached as well.
But that's only if your other friends don't want them. What Pokemon of mine would you like?

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4495 on: November 15, 2013, 08:25:41 AM
I've been breeding them, and now I'm infecting them with Pokerus.

So it's more like Wal-Mart then.

Alright, I can wait. I wouldn't mind a Mewtwo with a Mewtwonite X attached as well.
But that's only if your other friends don't want them. What Pokemon of mine would you like?

Well, it's like I said, I'm looking for an Umbreon or Eevee in particular. However I could also go for an Abomasnow or Gengar just so I have a place to dump those Mega Stones.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4496 on: November 15, 2013, 08:29:39 AM
I have a Haunter and I can breed them with my Ditto to get Gastly and evolve them into Haunters to trade with you and I do have one Pokemon with the Pokerus courteous of Quickman here.

Abomasnow, I'll have to evolve my Pokemon and start breeding him to make sure I have extras around for myself.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #4497 on: November 15, 2013, 08:32:43 AM
Charizard-on-Charizard battles never seem to get old with me.  I wish my Dragonite had stuck around longer, but rotton luck on the Outrage targets.  'course, if I knew Heat Wave would be THAT effective, I'd have Steel Winged your Dragonite instead.
I challenge you to a Mewtwo X vs. Mewtwo Y battle using only the 4 legendaries we were provided in teh game! I just got to capture Zygarde and Articuno.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4499 on: November 15, 2013, 08:37:28 AM
was ist das