RPM's Super Cool Videogame Awards 2012

Da Dood · 1452

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
on: December 26, 2012, 03:31:36 PM
Been a while since we've done this, I think. Copypasta the awards/questions and share your opinions. :D

1. Game of the year
Resident Evil: Revelations (via elimination, sadly)

2. Best game that you've played in 2012 for the first time (doesn't have to be a 2012 release)
Dark Souls

3. Game you've played the most this year
Dark Souls, close to 200 hours now.

4. Best unlockable or DLC of 2012
Artorias of the Abyss, Dark Souls. The boss fights are excellent, and Oolacile made the already sweet world of Dark Souls even more interesting.

5. Most disappointing game/game-related thing of the year
Ninja Gaiden 3 by far... the least strategic action game of all time. Streets of Rage had deeper gameplay than this.

6. Most surprisingly good game of the year
Resident Evil: Revelations. I wasn't expecting the game to play like a mix of old-school and post-RE4 styles. Exploring the ship was very cool, and the music was excellent. Ah, if only at least one campaign in RE6 was like this...

7. The Graphics Whore Award for most visually impressive game of 2012
I can't think of a 2012 game that blew me away in that category. RKS2, maybe?

8. From 1 to 10, how would you rate 2012's gaming as a whole?
6/10 sounds fair. Some good games, but the big releases were all disappointing to me.

9. A 2012 game that you wish you had purchased, or plan to
Despite not caring too much about NSMB2, New Super Mario Bros. U should be fun and I might get that if the Wii U comes up with something huge next year (i.e. an actual reason to buy it). Metroid Prime 4, Nintendo, hint!

10. What 2013 game or gaming-related thing are you looking forward to the most?
Dead Space 3

11. A moment of silence for the Wii: what was the best game on the little white box?
Super Mario Galaxy (2 was probably better, 1 is my favorite)

12. What's your favorite game ever?
Mega Man 3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 08:09:41 PM
1. Game of the year
Kid Icarus: Uprising. This has so much content and replay value. Although I liked VLR more, once you finish the story, you're pretty much done with the entire game. Uprising, on the other hand, kept me playing for months thanks to multiplayer, treasures, insane weapon variety and so much more.

2. Best game that you've played in 2012 for the first time (doesn't have to be a 2012 release)
Virtue's Last Reward. The story will blow you the [tornado fang] away, especially if you've played the prequel.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

I don't really know. Theatrhythm has DLC songs, which are pretty cool as well as inexpensive. So that, I guess. Second would be Gravity Rush's DLC missions.

Soul Calibur V

Gravity Rush

Gravity Rush. Saying this game is beautiful is an understatement. You have to see it for yourself.

8/10. Not too bad. VLR, Gravity Rush, Uprising, Revelations and Uncharted:GA just to name a few of the great games this year.

Not really a game, but a system. The Wii U. I'll likely just wait for a price drop.

BioShock Infinite. This looks SO good and SO exciting, plus I love how it's not gray and gritty like many shooters today.

11. A moment of silence for the Wii: what was the best game on the little white box?
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:43:54 PM
I totally forgot about BioShock Infinite. Looks amazing indeed. owo

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 04:34:12 AM

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olpWLt-yNGU[/youtube]

That's such a [tornado fang]ing good game.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 04:47:03 AM
1. Game of the year

I don't have one. There were plenty of great games this year, but I don't have one favorite.

I'm going to say Skyward Sword, I didn't really play enough of it in 2011 to count it as a game I played then.

I don't know. I've played quite a few different games sporadically.

Trick Question.

Capcom and everything, runner-up would be Nintendo stooping to the $60 price tag for Wii U games.

Nope. don't know.

I don't give two fucks about graphics, reward goes to my PC for making SMG2 look fabulous.

5/10, I don't remember much of it.

I got all the [parasitic bomb] I wanted.

More Wii U stuff.

Again, too many greats, but in terms of games I've actually beaten? SMG 2.

I can't be mean like that, too many favorites.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 01:33:09 PM
Most of the questions don't apply to me, since I'm late to the hottest things besides the Wii, but I'll answer what does.

Really good question. I'm gonna hafta say The Last Story. With a Classic Controller in hand, it's easy and fun to control.

Ocarina of Time 3DS. Still a masterpiece after all these years, and then some after the facelift. This will be the first time I 100% complete the game, too.

Legends 3 not getting restarted/no Prototype (technically its 2011 but whatever)

The Last Story, because apparently this game was disappointing to some. I was surprised to find how much fun shooting banana peels at people is.

Gravity Rush. Saying this game is beautiful is an understatement. You have to see it for yourself.

TENOUTTATE--not really. Considered I haven't sampled much of it, I can't give a reliable score. I don't think 2012 will be as exciting as 2013.

999, Virtue's Last Reward. I'm saving the Wii U for later.

There's plenty to look forward to: new Retro Studios game, Legends 3/general Mega Man games, The Cave--an action adventure game hybrid produced by Ron Gilbert & Double Fine? I'm there, man. I'm hoping Strike Suit Zero impresses as well.

Netflix

Link to the Past