Sigma's battle theme from Rockman X7.

Need I say more?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: October 21, 2012, 09:06:36 AM
I can honestly say, X7 has the better soundtrack... but better anything else? LOLNOPE

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: October 21, 2012, 03:10:47 PM
Sigma's battle theme from Rockman X7.

Need I say more?
Thats not the Boss theme. That's the Sigma Battle theme. Learn the difference. Our Blood Boils is an awesome track, but the regular boss theme- is not.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #128 on: October 21, 2012, 07:04:28 PM
Thats not the Boss theme. That's the Sigma Battle theme. Learn the difference. Our Blood Boils is an awesome track, but the regular boss theme- is not.
Sigma is a boss, Flame.

Yes, I get what you're trying to say, but Karasai didn't specify.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: October 21, 2012, 07:10:49 PM
The scope of the final Sigma in X7 was something they could only achieve in 3D IMO. Anything else would have felt goofy and fake, but you really were fighting a Sigma that big, and from your perspective, he looks as big as he really is. Also crotch LASER.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: October 21, 2012, 07:22:21 PM
Wasnt the crotch laser an instant death?

Been a long time since I've gotten to Sigma in X7.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: October 21, 2012, 08:40:05 PM
I forget. It's pretty easy to dodge, anyway.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: October 21, 2012, 09:17:42 PM
Sigma x7 is easy period. But specifically, you could hang around the upper left blocks ans it would be [acid burst] easy. But yeah, the scale of final sigma wts the best

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: October 21, 2012, 09:31:07 PM
That's exactly where I wound up fighting him. I hear he's much easier with Zero, though. I did it with X and Axl IIRC.

I hate when they did that pick a different character for each level thing starting with X5. I just pick one and always pick them.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: October 22, 2012, 08:06:24 AM
noone is stoping you from just using X or Zero in X5 and 6. Or X7 and 8 for that matter.

and yeah. Zero is, since when he needs to mess with Sigma's green fireballs, he just uses his defense move and reflects them at siggy. then fires a homing missile, and therefore can still hit the bastard.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: October 22, 2012, 09:05:33 AM
noone is stoping you from just using X or Zero in X5 and 6. Or X7 and 8 for that matter.
I said I did for X5 and X6. And X7 and X8 force you to pick pairs.

and yeah. Zero is, since when he needs to mess with Sigma's green fireballs, he just uses his defense move and reflects them at siggy. then fires a homing missile, and therefore can still hit the bastard.
Like Frost Titan

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: October 22, 2012, 05:19:30 PM
doesnt mean you HAVE to use the second character.

Offline Melsurigan

• Net Navi
  • Hug the Creeper. HUG IT.
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: October 22, 2012, 05:31:51 PM
Umm, guys?

Isn't this supposed to be a topic about X4? Let's get back on topic.

I think whoever was in charge of the dubbing was either a complete idiot or a complete genius, utilizing X's girly voice to poke fun at the character. Can you imagine a grown man whining about wars and destruction with the voice of a 10-year-old girl? And let's not get started with the... "Can you take care of me?" dialogue and all of its implications with said dub.

Oh dear god, the implications. As if Zero lost enough girls in his life.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: October 22, 2012, 06:46:32 PM
X wasn't nearly as whiny back then though, in fact I love the voice acting for how hilariously bad it was Colonel especially.  The only decent voice acting was Sigma and maybe Dr. Wily though the Wily in Megaman 8 was better.

Honestly I can think of many other games with worse voice acting modern or otherwise, but for the time the voice acting was good.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: October 22, 2012, 06:53:33 PM
but for the time the voice acting was good.
No. It was not. There came games with better voice acting before, during, and after the game's release.
See Lunar as an example. And it fits in each and every of those three categories.

It certainly was not gold, but it was still better. MUCH BETTER.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: October 22, 2012, 07:10:51 PM
I'll take your Lunar and raise you a Chaos Wars, Megaman ZX Aile, and Arc Rise Fantasia especially Adele's southern accent and frigging NIKO, and these are all modern games.  That's why I say that Megaman X4 is not as bad as those.

But I do think that Medievil has some decent voice acting.

EDIT: Oh and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment's Tatsuya, so narmy.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: October 22, 2012, 08:16:53 PM
I think that Double had a good voice in MMX4, but should have been improved a bit

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: October 22, 2012, 08:18:34 PM
X was really the only problematic voice in X4, IMO.

Sigma was voiced by Wily, though i think he might have still done the few Wily lines in Zero's intro movie.

Colonel sounded appropriately stuffy and stuck up.

Zero's voice, (Duo) was ok, nothing too special, but not bad. Not good at screaming, that's for sure.

Double was pretty damn good- "I'M SOOOO ANXIOUS TO RIP YOU APART!" DAT DOUBLE.

Iris was... eh the accent just sounded weird.

General was, well he was just fine actually. I dug his voice.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: October 22, 2012, 08:25:27 PM
Oh yeah I keep forgetting Double, I like his voice.

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #144 on: October 23, 2012, 12:00:28 AM
I gotta be honest, I actually liked Ruth Shiraishi's voice performance as X.  Although it was not the most fitting role, her voice brought out the innocent side of X IMO.  

*Brings up flame shield.  

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: October 23, 2012, 01:09:41 AM
Umm, guys?

Isn't this supposed to be a topic about X4? Let's get back on topic.
Man it's so cool that X4 has two separate playthroughs like Mega Man and Bass.

Oh dear god, the implications. As if Zero lost enough girls in his life.
At the end of the game Zero's saber holes are empty, because he left his saber somewhere.

in fact I love the voice acting for how hilariously bad it was Colonel especially.
I will show you no mercy, now get ready!

No. It was not. There came games with better voice acting before, during, and after the game's release.
See Lunar as an example. And it fits in each and every of those three categories.

It certainly was not gold, but it was still better. MUCH BETTER.
Send. In. The. Clowns.

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: October 24, 2012, 06:17:11 AM
Legends had marginally better voice acting than X4's. Some of the lines were stilted, the sheriff and policemen are hilariously performed, and Roll sounded a bit too tender most of the time, but for the most part it was a better production.

I gotta be honest, I actually liked Ruth Shiraishi's voice performance as X.  Although it was not the most fitting role, her voice brought out the innocent side of X IMO.  

*Brings up flame shield.  

Yeah, I hated when X was just a mostly silent badass hero.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_cALNP0pFM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovpj4JSrCDw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKM6wVUQsmE[/youtube]

So 1990's. Now we need some wicked sensitive dudes.

But he is. Inafune said it himself. Every game revolves around him. He's literally the central focus of every game until Axl takes the limelight.

X1? It's about Zero being radical and dying.

X2? Wily attempts to rebuild Zero and have him kill X, but is foiled.

X3? I actually have no idea what's canon with X3. Either Zero does the thing with his saber and the "cure", or X takes his saber and kicks ass. It's still about him. X is supposed to rely on his assistance the whole time, right?

X4-X6 are so blatantly about Zero I won't even go into detail.

And what happens in X7? Zero meets the new character and develops the first relationship with him.

Lord of the Rings is a single book, regardless of what happened after it was written by the marketers. What makes this any different?

We think so alike in this regard. Twin brother?

...I don't think my brain can process that statement unless I assume you're talking about one of the special boss fights.  X5's regular boss theme is the standard against which all audio torture is measured.

That theme pretty much epitomizes my distaste for the series' move away from face-melting SNES rock toward a more jumbly techno-trancy bent. X4 was the beginning, but it was at least compelling and awesome for the most part.

...he's not wrong, you know.  I mean, Inafune's idea of finality is, "Kill Zero and nobody will care what happens to the blue guy."

By that assertion, Inafune apparently didn't count on people liking Mega Man X primarily because they liked his gameplay, not because they thought his design or character were cool or familiar. His character might've been slowly assassinated as the series progressed, but his initial gameplay appeal lives on even against Zero's melee-style gameplay. I personally prefer it. That's why I'm not a huge fan of the Zero or ZX series.

This probably wasn't Inafune's writing at work, but this reminds me of Zero's comment in X5 about not needing armor to be strong. I'm probably just projecting this, but that always came off as a snide knock against the armor gameplay and/or X's character by proxy. Nevermind that Zero was given a "new armor" with his revival in X2 or that unarmored X is perfectly capable of winning the day. Dork.

One of the best responses in a Mega Man board ever. Happy Chintober!

Man it's so cool that X4 has two separate playthroughs like Mega Man and Bass.

Hey man, Mega Man X4 is green. Recycling's cool, right?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #147 on: October 24, 2012, 06:22:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_cALNP0pFM

Oh look, the commercial we found and hosted on the site, but never got credited for. Yay. 8D

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #148 on: October 24, 2012, 08:36:16 AM

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: October 24, 2012, 01:12:51 PM
So 1990's. Now we need some wicked sensitive dudes.

The concept of X's compassion has been a part of the series from the get go. Irregular Hunter X accurately represents it at the time of the first game.

By that assertion, Inafune apparently didn't count on people liking Mega Man X primarily because they liked his gameplay, not because they thought his design or character were cool or familiar. His character might've been slowly assassinated as the series progressed, but his initial gameplay appeal lives on even against Zero's melee-style gameplay. I personally prefer it. That's why I'm not a huge fan of the Zero or ZX series.

Nothing in those games stops you from using the buster all the time.