Virtu · 4696

Offline Virtu

• Makes Games
  • Cyberelf
  • Me
    • View Profile
    • VirtuGames
on: July 16, 2012, 07:27:52 PM
Hello, everyone! I've just joined this community and since I am a Mega Man fan just like everybody else here (or so I think), I shall show you guys a game I've been making for a few years, which had its first public release recently. I poured lots of work into it and, even though its gameplay isn't 100% accurate to the NES games unlike many great MM fangames around here, I hope it will be fun for everyone, especially for those who like challenges or who've got some friends to play with. :)

Mega Man Online Showdown focuses on competitive online gameplay for up to 8 players. Each player picks his favorite robot master (currently, there are 28 playable robots in the game, including Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass and several assorted robots from MM1 to MM10) and goes to the battlefield to face his foes in an 8-bit deathmatch. Plenty of match customization options are available, including a few game modes such as Survival, Timed Mode and Team Battle.

Each Robot Master has three different attacks that are chosen depending on the time spent charging it. (For instance, Skull Man activates his shield when the attack key is held until he's completely charged up) There are other minor features like calling Beat, which will show the direction towards the nearest foe, and Morphing, which is essentially choosing two robots before the match begins and being able to freely swap between the two during the actual match.

Also available is a smaller but very challenging offline mode, with 13 missions ranging from Target Tests to challenges related to specific game items. Lastly, there are over 70 achievements that can be earned during the game by doing various tasks. Some of them also unlock hidden characters which will become available for online play! Only three fighters are available from the start.

Gameplay Videos

Here's some gameplay footage featuring a three-player survival mode match, uploaded before the first release as a teaser video.

[spoiler]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD-cDh-vDPk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK4j8ZtHx4A[/youtube]
[/spoiler]

Screenshots and more videos can be found at the game's download page below.

Other Info

• This game was made with Game Maker.
  • In order to HOST a game, it is necessary to forward TCP/UDP port 14504, unless you're playing with friends using Hamachi or some sort of VPN software.

Download Links

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:21:57 AM by Virtu »

Offline Raging-Banebou

• Merasmus sure loves his cornflakes!
  • Robot Master
  • The Trinity has deemed you... acceptable.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:36:34 PM
This fangame almost reminds me of Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch if it were to play like a regular Mega Man game and not like an FPS, doesn't it?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just that I could tell by watching the vid of your fangame, that's all. Still, it looks pretty good.

Yuno Gasai: Living proof that yanderes are NOT meant to be messed with.