Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 running on Wii Hardware.

Police Girl · 7302

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
on: May 29, 2012, 05:42:09 AM
Well, this is pretty neat.
[youtube]bobXr5nRT2s[/youtube]
Too bad the guy who made this doesn't seem to be interested in releasing it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:37:13 AM
I'm aware of apps that exist to clone the System Menu and/or remove otherwise default Channels, but it seems odd to me that their System Menu would feature ABSOLUTELY NOTHING other than the disc.  Much less that whatever disc they're loading this off of is read as a GCN disc.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:21 AM
That... [tornado fang]ing... commentary...
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UUUUUUP!!!

Other than that, this seems cool.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Great news everyone~

QuadForce wad, a Triforce Arcade file you install into your NAND, is available "out there" (sorry guys, google it), and it's so super-easy to install, that even my boyfriend was able to do it. >U<

Simply, all you need to do, is install it with WAD Manager (1.7 in most cases), then convert both the Arcade GP ISOs with DiscEX software on your computer (drag-n-drop). By default, the converted folder+iso will show up in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\

Drag the folders (they will have a game ID as their name) into SD:\games\ and then your golden~ ^u^ You start your ISOs with DML Booter (or Dios Mios Booter) loader. It's a boot.dol file that you place into any folder you created, which in turns "must" be thrown into your apps folder on the SD card or USB Drive. Then just run it with Homebrew Channel and have fun with Arcade goodness nya~ :cookie:

Just in case, it would be a good idea to have a Wii or Gamecube disc in your DVD drive before starting a ISO, or you "might" stumble into a black or green screen. ^^;

There's a drawback to this (which Akira and I experimented with). Gamecube discs won't play anymore unless you install a MIOS of your choice into the Wii again. The Easy-Mode solution for this is to use Manual Installation with PimpMyWii homebrew, then scroll through your list of IOS files (+ or - button) until you find MIOS. Install it again and Gamecube disc functionality will come back.

Oh, so you want to actually play Gamecube ISOs with your SD Card now? Not a problem~ Do the same things you did with DiscEX on your PC, then drag your chosen ISOs to your games folder in your SD Card. There's a difference here tho. You must install a Dios Mios Lite wad into the Wii if you want them to work.

Hopefully there will be F-Zero AX functionality in the future~ :3

"Format your SD card to either FAT or FAT32 aiming for 64KB cluster size. Using SDHC cards up to 32GB is possible."

http://code.google.com/p/diosmioslite/downloads/list
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
What is Triforce Arcade?

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 06:19:21 PM
An arcade cabinet, a joint-project between Nintendo, Namco and Sega, that played Nintendo's arcade games, running on Gamecube hardware.

Two of them being Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP2, and another game was F-Zero AX.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 11:12:45 PM
Great news everyone~

QuadForce wad, a Triforce Arcade file you install into your NAND, is available "out there" (sorry guys, google it), and it's so super-easy to install, that even my boyfriend was able to do it. >U<

Simply, all you need to do, is install it with WAD Manager (1.7 in most cases), then convert both the Arcade GP ISOs with DiscEX software on your computer (drag-n-drop). By default, the converted folder+iso will show up in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\

Drag the folders (they will have a game ID as their name) into SD:\games\ and then your golden~ ^u^ You start your ISOs with DML Booter (or Dios Mios Booter) loader. It's a boot.dol file that you place into any folder you created, which in turns "must" be thrown into your apps folder on the SD card or USB Drive. Then just run it with Homebrew Channel and have fun with Arcade goodness nya~ :cookie:

Just in case, it would be a good idea to have a Wii or Gamecube disc in your DVD drive before starting a ISO, or you "might" stumble into a black or green screen. ^^;

There's a drawback to this (which Akira and I experimented with). Gamecube discs won't play anymore unless you install a MIOS of your choice into the Wii again. The Easy-Mode solution for this is to use Manual Installation with PimpMyWii homebrew, then scroll through your list of IOS files (+ or - button) until you find MIOS. Install it again and Gamecube disc functionality will come back.

Oh, so you want to actually play Gamecube ISOs with your SD Card now? Not a problem~ Do the same things you did with DiscEX on your PC, then drag your chosen ISOs to your games folder in your SD Card. There's a difference here tho. You must install a Dios Mios Lite wad into the Wii if you want them to work.

"Format your SD card to either FAT or FAT32 aiming for 64KB cluster size. Using SDHC cards up to 32GB is possible."

http://code.google.com/p/diosmioslite/downloads/list
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List

Hmm... so if I already have DML installed on my Wii, then I still have to install the Quadforce WAD? I mean, I also have DiscEX ready to convert the ISOs, just asking if I also need that.

Which I'm sure I do (just confirming this)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Felt it was necessary to bump this thread. Since this became relevant.

Turns out, we have had AX right under our noses.
[youtube]XexCNEpGdpY[/youtube]