X & Zero To Be Featured In New SEGA/Capcom/Bandai new RPG, Project X Zone

Protoman Blues · 62617

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
You make me wonder how much XOver cost. It had to be cheap, but then again, who knows. Maybe they spent "big money" on it, at least in relation to projected yadda yadda yadda

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
To be fair, I was already in a bad mood today when I saw this news.  That Twitter quote I posted just made my kettle boil over and I posted a reactionary... um... reaction.  So... yeah.

Though... I personally think it wouldn't have been a funny joke regardless of whomever said it.  Capcom themselves kind of ran it into the ground before anyone else could.

That's just my opinion, though.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I have to wonder why Capcom didn't license (not sell) MM to Nintendo or SEGA, if they're so unwilling to spend their own resources on a new, non-iOS MM game.

It would be an insult if some other company were to show them up now, and they know it.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
So in another thread there's moaning that a successful rocket launch shouldn't happen in a crossover game, and in here there's moaning that the rocket development was delayed in a crossover game? Make up your mind people! You'd rather they say the effort to save Rock has been cancelled?

Seriously now, the cycle of rocket development and failure has been part of the plot since DASH2. To tell of any story in that timeframe, without stepping into the sequel's territory, will require it as part of the setting. I'd prefer to cover new ground over further saturating the story between the first two games.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
So in another thread there's moaning that a successful rocket launch shouldn't happen in a crossover game, and in here there's moaning that the rocket development was delayed in a crossover game? Make up your mind people! You'd rather they say the effort to save Rock has been cancelled?

Seriously now, the cycle of rocket development and failure has been part of the plot since DASH2. To tell of any story in that timeframe, without stepping into the sequel's territory, will require it as part of the setting. I'd prefer to cover new ground over further saturating the story between the first two games.
Yeah, exactly.

though i find this flip-flopping rather amusing.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFtntCQ5xbM[/youtube]

The first 105 minutes of the game

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
It would be an insult if some other company were to show them up now, and they know it.
As if PXZ isn't doing that already.  Honestly it doesn't take much at this point.

I kinda doubt Nintendo would be interested, though, besides MAYBE a Smash cameo if anyone actually picks up the phone this time around.  Nintendo already has an iron-clad grip on the "golden age" demographic that Mega Man appeals to.  Judging by what's going on with the WiiU, if Nintendo is going to ask for somebody else's IPs, they'll be geared towards appeasing the "hardcooore!" audience that's been rejecting Mega Man for the last three console generations.

Reality check: The entire fanbase is still pissed over Legends 3 and Capcom's lack of any "proper response" (read: release the damn Prototype).  In light of that, any perceived "inadequate response" from Capcom will thus trigger fan-rage.

It's the UMvC3 X costume all over again.  It's not SUPPOSED to be rational.  People who feel betrayed and pissed off generally aren't.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Archer

Reality check: The entire fanbase is still pissed over Legends 3

no

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reality check: The entire fanbase is still pissed over Legends 3 and Capcom's lack of any "proper response" (read: release the damn Prototype).

Reality check: using broad generalizations is generally doomed to failure, for what is true of the part is not necessarily true of the whole.

I'm not pissed about it; disappointed, yes, but not angry. Perhaps that's because as much as I love the games, I can acknowledge that they are just games and let go... move on to other games. Anger is not something to hold on to, and I think that some fans seem to have a grudge against Capcom for their actions, which to be quite frank is rather silly.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
While I am pissed at Capcom's PR as of late I never really cared about Megaman Legends 3.  I just want to wait until something happens though I do think that Capcom should rethink many things if they want to keep going.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reality check: The entire fanbase is still pissed over Legends 3 and Capcom's lack of any "proper response" (read: release the damn Prototype).  In light of that, any perceived "inadequate response" from Capcom will thus trigger fan-rage.

It's the UMvC3 X costume all over again.  It's not SUPPOSED to be rational.  People who feel betrayed and pissed off generally aren't.

So why are we taking it out on other companies now?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I can understand why people are mad at Capcom for Legends 3 and how they handled it but not Tron saying that they're having trouble with the rocket launch.  That has been true since the end of second game and I really don't think that's something to be mad about. 

BBAMM with the Legends 3 backstory yes, Xover yes, the card while blown way out of proportion was still slightly understandable since it's a little salt in that wound, but people really shouldn't be mad about this.  But then again fan rage is not supposed to make sense.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Like I said, it's the X costumes all over again.  There is no malice here, I have absolutely no doubt of that.  That doesn't make the reaction any less expected, though, at least not to me.

So why are we taking it out on other companies now?
Again, it's not supposed to be rational.  Capcom's name is on it, whether they actually made it or not.  That's all the excuse they need.

Reality check: using broad generalizations is generally doomed to failure, for what is true of the part is not necessarily true of the whole.
Which is why most reasonably intelligent individuals who use such generalizations do so loosely as a figure of speech, especially when they are trying to be brief.  You're being too literal.  Now go comb the desert.

It's not at all silly or unreasonable to be ticked that a company took nine months of free labor and delivered absolutely nothing.  Doubly so when they backtracked on their own procedure for gauging the validity of the project, and in doing so withheld any consolation prizes that would have otherwise still been available in the event of our failure.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
It's not SUPPOSED to be rational.  People who feel betrayed and pissed off generally aren't.
I think this is your answer, Zan.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Good to know we've started condoning irrationality.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
I have just been staying away from it, because in honesty, complaining and starting war against the companies won't help much or at all, depending on the circumstances. It'll be nice if there was a new game or they finally gave us Legends 3, but even if it won't happen, there's probably other things to be done in the meantime. Life is too short to rage at things. ^^;

Sorry if my English isn't good enough for what I'm trying to say. XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Life is too short to rage at things. ^^;

I think this is all that needs to be said.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
I think this is all that needs to be said.

"And all that there is, and isin't anymore.."
- Narraitor, Madeline

But yeah, like that other chaos this isin't something to get pissed off about for the rest of your days. And Sally's got a new design and already people are bitching about it, kinda like how people are complaning about rocket refrences in the Mega Man front.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Sorry if my English isn't good enough for what I'm trying to say. XD
No, actually, that was a great job. I can't imagine how hard English is to learn after having been a child, being less its own language and more like the amalgamation of all languages on a Germanic base.

isin't
isin't
Not trying to be a grammar NAZI, just trying to give some sound advice here, so don't get upset: the apostrophe replaces letters; no new ones are added. The exception is won't, which is actually just a letter omitted before the n. Won't is not will not, as it predates the word will. It's from Old English' wol not. It's follows the apostrophe-replacing-letter(s) rule, and an exception is thus made for the possessive form, its.

Edit:
Also, it's narrator, because the root is narrate. That's just hard memorization pretty much. Again, I'm not trying to pick your [parasitic bomb] apart, just trying to be helpful. If you care. I mean, it doesn't matter to me either way.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Oh don't worry, I met muuuch worse grammar nazis. muuuuuuuuuch worse. Especially those on Youtube where an argument can last for a day. (a week if it's a fanbrat)

I've also had Mirby tackle on me about it a few times too.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Well, I'm blessed with a keen eye for detail, in which case one truth will prevail, and I can look at anything and pick out every single mistake, so if you need any help or just wanna, like, ask a question, feel free. I have a passion for etymology, as you can probably tell, and I just love knowing why things are the way they are linguistically-speaking.

Truth be told, I would love to teach English as a second language abroad. I just gotta figure out how to get to that end goal.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Oh don't worry, I met muuuch worse grammar nazis. muuuuuuuuuch worse. Especially those on Youtube where an argument can last for a day. (a week if it's a fanbrat)

I've also had Mirby tackle on me about it a few times too.
more like few dozen

i gave up because you insist on incorrectly sounding things out

*shrug*

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Good to know we've started condoning irrationality.
Started?  How long have you been on the internet?

All I'm saying is that it's to be expected.  That doesn't necessarily make it right.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Honestly this sort of irrationality has existed in many fandoms for a long long time, I do find some of it embarrassing and it should be ignored.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIEQyhKbW3A&feature=relmfu[/youtube]