Yoku Man · 187949

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #325 on: May 22, 2012, 04:16:45 AM
One good suggestible color filter can be the spinach green filter for early GB.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: May 22, 2012, 04:57:23 AM
What about the spikes? On any Mega Man game (GBA, NES, or otherwise) if Mega Man even makes the slightest contact with spikes, he dies instantly. Will that be in your engine?

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #327 on: May 22, 2012, 05:35:52 AM
What about the spikes? On any Mega Man game (GBA, NES, or otherwise) if Mega Man even makes the slightest contact with spikes, he dies instantly. Will that be in your engine?

Eventually yes. Why do you think that these things won't get done? They will get done sooner or later. Just like the ladders. They'll be working eventually. Just one thing at a time okay?

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: May 22, 2012, 01:55:00 PM

One observation I've made however, is that when NMario finally codes death spikes, their collisions should be halfway down the spike, rather than at its tip. Make sure you do that, mate.

Maybe I'll post a checklist, so the fans know what we're including and what is yet to be done.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: May 22, 2012, 08:03:41 PM
One observation I've made however, is that when NMario finally codes death spikes, their collisions should be halfway down the spike, rather than at its tip. Make sure you do that, mate.

Maybe I'll post a checklist, so the fans know what we're including and what is yet to be done.

Seriously? They don't act like regular floor tiles if your temporary flashing invincible? o_O
I was going to code it where at the start it gets placed like a regular 16x16 1 tile, then extends out by 1 pixel on all sides to to get destroyed by them........ Though doing some thinking, I don't think that would work well for slide tunnels that have spikes. I don't know, I'll see what I can do. :-/

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: May 22, 2012, 08:23:29 PM
When will we see Ring Man's stage?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:45 PM
For Game Boy "filters", do you mean some sort of effect like this?

For this effect, all I did was place a huge 1 color square in front of the game screen, and made it semi-transparent. This way I won't have to worry about color swapping any objects or stages to a new color, just for a different Game Boy theme.
The Game Boy filter color can always be changed to something else. I'm just doing some random experimenting. :)

Nicely done with the filters! It looks like it's gone straight from the Game Boy.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: May 23, 2012, 07:35:24 PM
I've updated the thread with a checklist on my second post. Its on the first page here.

This will prevent anymore tedious questions regarding when/if we're going to add something to the engine. This Checklist shows all we aim to add to the engine as a whole in the long run.  They have a strikethrough once a particular thing has been coded completely into the engine. I'll keep close tabs on NMario's progress and update this list accordingly. This will also give him an idea of what order to prioritise his coding into.

Offline Jadzxa

• Robot Master
  • Nice and easy.
    • View Profile
    • Games and stuff  and just my hub.
Reply #333 on: May 24, 2012, 06:07:00 AM
Cool updates to the system guys. Looking forward to seeing how this comes out. I've messed with the older build of things, but seeing what else can be done with this will be pretty cool. The GB filter thing looks nice.

My art,projects and other things.
http://jad4321.deviantart.com/

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: May 24, 2012, 07:56:24 AM
There you go. :)

At the options screen,  just press Enter, or Shoot button to get to the GB Filter menu.
I tried to get different shades of green, dark blue, yellow, and some of the mix, as well as the option to change the alpha transparency of the filter. I wanted you to be able to choose which GB filter you like from the given choices. :)

So many filters to choose~! It's better than having none.

In the mean time, please look at this thread if you're interested. (I hope hijacking this thread for recruitment is allowed)

Rockman World: VS Killers/Megaman: The Hunter Numbers

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #335 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:50 AM
It is allowed, but those hijacks are generally rude and annoying. Everyone around here has probably seen that thread already, so there's no point in asking for recruitment on the same site, you'll get better results by asking somewhere else :\

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #336 on: May 24, 2012, 08:10:55 AM
It is allowed, but those hijacks are generally rude and annoying. Everyone around here has probably seen that thread already, so there's no point in asking for recruitment on the same site, you'll get better results by asking somewhere else :\

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up.

To be on-topic, that filter is nice, and I'm loving how the engine is developing. Keep it up, N-Mario!! :D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: May 24, 2012, 02:02:24 PM

I think its cool that someone is already willing to make their first fangame from our engine. But its early days yet, especially here, anyone you attempt to recruit would be busy helping with this engine or with the design for the first as yet "untitled" fangame of mine. I'd recommend a little patience or try other forums forany interested parties who are free.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: May 25, 2012, 05:22:29 AM
On the topic of Palletes, I've been experimenting with potential Super Gameboy palletes if we still intend to use them in future, for the engine. I should only guess we will for completeness sake. Using other levels from MMV as reference I may have some potential colour schemes for various scenes and levels for the engine.

Here I took the pallete from MMV's Title Screen to change the Mega Man World Title.

And I took the pallete from MMV's Dr Light's Lab to recolour the MMIV Lab we're using in Mega Man World.

And here I'm using the colour pallete used from Wily Spacestation 2 from MMV to recolour Elec Man's stage.

As time goes on I'll try to recolour the other 3 stages too.

lol wow.... just, WOW!  :O

Though I'm not sure I like the black outline of the clouds there. Thought they might be lighter around the edges or something like the original GB colors were. :-/

But in over all appearance, the Super GB style does looks kind of neat actually. I might consider using them if all the maps are done so like this to a point where I could just import or whatever I need to do to make it work. :)

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: May 25, 2012, 05:35:32 AM
Same here, N-Mario.

Although, I'm worried that having a monochrome, colored, or Super GB version of all assets might have a big flash file the site will be carrying.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: May 25, 2012, 08:01:39 AM
Say, N-Mario. I would like to have a suggestion if you don't mind... How about adding color palettes from the Game Boy Color.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #341 on: May 25, 2012, 08:56:56 AM
I've been waiting for someone to suggest that, MagVanisher.

I'll totally play through this in INVERTED COLORS (>+B)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: May 25, 2012, 07:01:09 PM
Thats can work too if we want to differentiate it from Elec Man's stage. What do you think of my colour scheme for Ring Man's stage and the Gimmick stage? Look at my double post.

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: May 26, 2012, 09:36:24 AM
Really... So if I register on Sprites Inc. and let's say talk about my fangame, I will get banned?

BTW, done a great job on putting Super GB mode on your engine. Still, it has a slightly long load time when selecting a stage.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: May 26, 2012, 06:51:17 PM
No..... It has nothing to do with posting fan game to getting you banned. It has to do with the forums security bot. It 'thinks' that I spammed the forum with junk, so it banned me for that reason.

The load time for the Super GB is due to the color replace feature in MMF2. The same reason why my older engines made MegeMan slow down when he charges the mega buster. Right now I don't have any other way of doing it other than making it as a new frame for the object. Unfortunately I think that would upscale the file size of the game a bit more.
I think there might be an alternate way of color swapping objects faster. I just don't know how to do it right now. It might have something to do with HWA runtime, or setting the app to Direct X mode, I guess. I'd have to look at it more closer. I also seem to recall that the programmers at Clickteam either don't, or can't fix the slowdowns of color replace feature in MMF2, especially for the flash runtime.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #345 on: May 27, 2012, 07:03:26 PM
Also used these to post in the Sprites INC forums for you in your stead, NMario.

While you're at it, do you think you can PM AceSpark, or PinkiePie, (the admin) and tell him about the problem? I can't register a new account there because my AVG software program says it picking up a virus. I don't know if its a false positive or what. Though I suppose I can try to PM him from the old forum account, but I doubt it'll work since it's been locked. :P

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: May 28, 2012, 01:31:58 PM
I have a question regarding the game Yoku Man regarding the Weapon Archives, are you considering putting those Stardroids along with Robot Masters from 1 to 10?

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: May 28, 2012, 01:59:44 PM
I have a question regarding the game Yoku Man regarding the Weapon Archives, are you considering putting those Stardroids along with Robot Masters from 1 to 10?

The Weapons Archive was a Wily invention so I'm afraid it won't be in my game. Anyway, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It seems like too much of a fan-thing to do, I want to try and include more original ideas rather than just repeat a fad that was cool in a previous game. But if anyone has a possibility of returning, for a cameo or something, it could possibly be the MMV Stardoids.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: May 28, 2012, 10:53:36 PM
I have compiled a list of Super GB colors that is used in Mega Man V. It should be everything from beginning to end. All the colors for the intros, stages, & endings as well as some colors used for the menus.

As I was doing some research, other Super GB titles have their own set of Super GB style color patterns. In other words, other games white shade color is not forced to R-208 G-208 B-208 like MegaMan V's white is. They seem to have their own color shades. But since we are basing our Super GB colors from MegaMan V's Super GB colors, this is all tat I've found from each screen.

Now thats what I call attention to detail! Kudos NMario! Do you think in the long run, when I start making my fangame, I should limit myself to those number of palletes too? I could theoretically use palletes from other super gameboy games, as you hinted.... Hmmm...

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #349 on: May 29, 2012, 09:13:42 AM
Good job on the recolor. The gold from earlier was more of a stand out tyoe of thing like with the pink spikes from earlier.