Dr. Wily: More Evil than we give him credit for?

Waifu · 4804

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: February 20, 2012, 08:25:48 PM
While classic games are comical and lighthearted at best, you really gotta wonder if the srrie sis actually as innnocent as we all thought? Dr. Wily always seem to come up schemes and plots that would had more or less worked if Mega Man hadn't stopped him but when you consider that Dr. Wily manipulated an innocent person, created robots to impersonate someone and had more than once wreaked havoc on the planet. Do you guys think that the Doc is more evil than we give him credit for?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:37:08 PM
I'm still of the opinion that Wily is Chaotic Neutral at the very worst. He's dangerous because his [parasitic bomb] works and he doesn't give any fucks about collateral damage. When you combine that with the idea that he's making or manipulating high performance combat robots for his own gain makes things all the more insane to deal with. This doesn't mean that he doesn't have merits as seen by MM10 with his silent donation of the Roboenza cure after his defeat and hospitalization. There's also the idea that throughout his character's history, he's explicitly referred to Light as his rival which suggests that there's a respect there even if he would probably prefer to win more often. If he has decency enough for that, it becomes harder for me to see the character as evil beyond "token villain" status.

Don't throw anything Zero/Virus at me either, I'm still of the opinion that the Virus was both Wily's soft spoken will for as well as a power source developed only for Zero that got a bit wonky once Sigma got exposed to it and changed its purpose unintentionally.

Wily just seems to be a highly intelligent opportunist with a bad luck/bumbling streak and he's charming as a villain for that much.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:49:01 AM
It's really only in the X series that Wily seems to have gotten a bit darker and more obsessive about killing X.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:13:31 AM
Yes. Dr. Wily II, while seemingly innocent, really hides the soul of a twisted, insane, dark monster hell bent on the destruction of Earth & the subjugation of the universe!

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 11:10:48 AM
I personally don't think Wily is Evil enough...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 02:26:56 PM
Don't throw anything Zero/Virus at me either, I'm still of the opinion that the Virus was both Wily's soft spoken will for as well as a power source developed only for Zero that got a bit wonky once Sigma got exposed to it and changed its purpose unintentionally.

How does that work when the virus was all wonky long before Sigma even got near it? Also X5.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:45:36 PM
This doesn't mean that he doesn't have merits as seen by MM10 with his silent donation of the Roboenza cure after his defeat and hospitalization.
I think I mentioned this theory of mine before, it basically went "Dr. Wily wanted the virus gone and forgotten - and the cure(s) along with it - by the time the Zero Virus would be active in the world". So he might not be as generous as it seemed.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 07:22:11 PM
I think I mentioned this theory of mine before, it basically went "Dr. Wily wanted the virus gone and forgotten - and the cure(s) along with it - by the time the Zero Virus would be active in the world". So he might not be as generous as it seemed.

ooooor he could just be grateful for his life.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 07:46:46 PM
Wily just seems to be a highly intelligent opportunist with a bad luck/bumbling streak and he's charming as a villain for that much.

And mustache, oh one of his wondreous traits~

Wily is proven time and time again that he just wants to get, and I quote:

"And the best part..*chuckle*..Ooh the best part.. I'll finally get the best of Dr. Light! Bwahaha, BWAAHAHAHA!"

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 08:14:54 PM
I read that in RS Wily's voice. And it was glorious.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 08:57:28 AM
Yes. Dr. Wily II, while seemingly innocent, really hides the soul of a twisted, insane, dark monster hell bent on the destruction of Earth & the subjugation of the universe!
Little old me?
What gave you that idea!? [eyebrow]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.