• View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 07:50:36 PM
*drops in*

Yay for Bayonetta 2~ :cookie:

*leaves*

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 07:53:40 PM
It's $300/$350, and honestly, there is literally no reason to get a second tablet right now unless it somehow breaks. Still, I knew those things would be expensive, but not $150 expensive o_0

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 08:15:45 PM
My friends can bring over their tablets, or visa versa.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 08:46:05 PM
It must be nice to live in a rich neighborhood.  :B

Or a neighborhood at all.  Lulz.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 09:37:57 PM
My thoughts exactly. 8) If only the idiots at Facebook were this way, though... :\
Facebook is also the same place that had people FURIOUS at a rainbow colored Oreo for Pride. So yeah :\

Also yeah, I'm excited, though I'll have to hold off on getting one because all excess funds right now go straight to MAGFEST!

imma paintin' mine green and callin' it the WiiG

Oh, and I'm going to the Wii U Experience here in San Francisco at the end of the month, so I'll let y'all know how it plays and how the tablet feels and stuff too. ;D

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 10:54:10 PM
I cannot wait for Aliens. Just to have the tracker on the Gamepad is a nerd dream come true!!

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 10:57:10 PM
"wii u sucks and platinum games sucks for making it exclusive"

"nintendo is too child friendly for bayonetta"

"way to go screwing over the fanbase"

"make this for xbox and ps3 or we'll start boycotting"

"wii u sucks and is too gimmicky"

LOL Facebook whiners

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 11:34:13 PM

"wii u sucks and is too gimmicky"

LOL Facebook whiners
*Looks at Eyetoy, Playstaion Move, and the Kinect*

Lol indeed, sometimes console wars are hilarious.

Pretty awesome line up, great balance between casual and hard core.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 11:59:50 PM
"nintendo is too child friendly for bayonetta"

*cough*madworld*cough*

Looking forward to it, though out of the games that are in the launch window, only NSMB U, Pikmin 3, Game&Wario, Sonic Racing Transformed, and Rayman Legends really stick out as stuff I would play. The rest are ports of games already released (Mass Effect, Arkham City), the same Annual Garbage from our "Good friends" at EA and Activision (FOOTBALL, CAWADOODY, which unfortunately I feel a lot of people will just buy the console to play that...), and heaps of Shovelware (Fitness games, Funky Barn, Game Party). So honestly this is a perfect example of "Quantity over Quality" in terms of a launch, but at least people can't complain about there being no games right off the bat.

Also, are the games going to be $50 or $60? Didn't Nintendo say the prices weren't going to change?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 12:23:11 AM
$60 is the usual msrp, but it can be less (Nintendo Land is $50 I think) or more if the publisher chooses to.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 02:10:31 AM
$60 is the usual msrp, but it can be less (Nintendo Land is $50 I think) or more if the publisher chooses to.

Ugh, I hate paying $60, especially for first party games since that's the only way to get Club Nintendo Coins AND we never get price cuts on these games in the US until they get put into a discount banner.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 02:13:10 AM
Funny, I got Club Nintendo coins for KH3D and that's not a first party game.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 02:16:14 AM
Funny, I got Club Nintendo coins for KH3D and that's not a first party game.

Yeah I know that Third Party Games have Club Nintendo Coins now.

But Third Party games will get price cuts later on.
First Party games almost never do (Remember before Nintendo Selects? SMG1 was still $50 well after SMG2 had been out despite it being 3 years old.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 03:11:24 AM
NSMB U looks so much better than NSMB2. I'm not sure why so many people got when It was obviously just the same game with some coin collecting gimmick.

Also, Nano Assault Neo is not getting the attention it deserves. The 3DS version was pretty awesome.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 03:20:52 AM
NSMB U looks so much better than NSMB2. I'm not sure why so many people got when It was obviously just the same game with some coin collecting gimmick.

Also, Nano Assault Neo is not getting the attention it deserves. The 3DS version was pretty awesome.

I just wanted something that I could play on the go that I could leave in my 3DS. I can't exactly play KI:U when i'm not at home (Then again I can't really play it at all, the controls [tornado fang] with my hands, focus, reflexes, and the damn stand slides around too much when I play it.)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 03:22:21 AM
What is with all the touch screen greenhorns who never played Metroid Prime Hunters?

Anyway, I'm sure most of the people who got NSMB2 intend to get NSMBU.  Though, I must admit, I wasn't terribly impressed with NSMB2, but I still 5-shiny-starred it.

All in all the news has so far been sweet.  I don't really care how much a new Game Pad costs since...I'm aware of absolutely no reason to buy a second one.  I also think there is some logic to the "if you're going to need multiple touch screens, why not connect to the 3DS?" argument.  The Pro is literally the same damn thing minus the screen, after all.

Well, NSMBU is solid, and I'm curious to know more details on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.  Transformers Prime stings a little, though; I was hoping that if we saw robots in disguise on the WiiU it would be a port of Fall of Cybertron (mainly because I'm a rabid fan of Grimlock).

Still though, Nintendo really can't stop being in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't situation". People [sonic slicer] that Nintendo doesn't have games that they want, but then when they do have them they [sonic slicer] that Nintendo has them. It really sounds to me like those people just don't want anything to do with Nintendo at all.
That's because Bayonetta is HARDCOOORE!!11, and plumbers who ride dinosaurs are not.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 03:35:56 AM
What is with all the touch screen greenhorns who never played Metroid Prime Hunters?

But I did play Hunters...

Well... the demo of it when the DS first came out, other than that I never got a chance to.

Its just something that is highly uncomfortable for me, I can't really focus on the game and the controls at the same time, my brain can't process that fast, its also why my reflexes have gone to [parasitic bomb].

Anyway, I'm a damn fool, Pre-ordered the Wii U Premium from Gamestop, gotta love $20 tax AND shipping because there isn't any in-store pickup available if you don't pre-order there.
I might just cancel it and pre-order it from somewhere else.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 03:53:25 AM
I don't know if I can get it at launch, but maybe with a price drop in the future I might think about it. Importantly I want the Premium version, not to mention that if one waits long enough, there will be a good selection of games later on. ^^

I am also interested in the Nintendo Network account thing + Accomplishments.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 04:51:39 AM
Transformers Prime stings a little, though; I was hoping that if we saw robots in disguise on the WiiU it would be a port of Fall of Cybertron (mainly because I'm a rabid fan of Grimlock).

The show is f'in awesome though! XD

I am also interested in the Nintendo Network account thing + Accomplishments.

As am I. What would really be Vixylicious is if Accomplishments gained you Coins on Club Nintendo.  <3

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 05:40:43 AM
That is an amazing idea, so therefore it will never happen. If it did, I'd be annoyed anyways because [tornado fang] YOU NINTENDO WHY DON'T YOU EXTEND CN TO LATIN AMERICA TOO

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:07 PM
So those of you gawking at the price of an extra Game Pad, it's not even coming to North America.  Reggie said flat-out that no launch window game uses two touch screens, so there is no point.

That is an amazing idea, so therefore it will never happen.
Well, that's what PB specializes in.

To be honest, as far as online features go, I'd settle for Monster Hunter connecting between US and PAL players (now THAT would get me to rebuy the game; too many PAL RPMers I can't connect with).

The show is f'in awesome though! XD
I have no doubt.  But if me Hypershell can't munch metal, then there's only so much that can be done.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 12:37:16 AM
Well, that's what PB specializes in.

This is very true. For example, a Nintendo Character RPG. Seriously, why hasn't this been made yet? Combine the Nintendo characters ala Smash Bros and make a full fledged RPG? It's GUARANTEED to make money for them.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 12:58:34 AM
I have a question, me and my brother have been wondering if the Wii U will be backwards compatible with Gamecube games and we're having trouble finding details on that.  We want to know since we can probably sell the Wii if it was.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 01:33:45 AM
No, it cannot play Gamecube games. So you'll have to keep your Wii or buy a new Gamecube! XD

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 02:33:07 AM
Quite a few people are hoping the Wii U will have some Gamecube VC games, upgraded to take advantage of the HD capabilities of the Wii U, but there's been nothing confirmed or even officially said about that idea.