Quickman · 1952

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
on: January 18, 2012, 08:40:51 AM
The Bearded Flanneled One doesn't like the criticism anymore.

I have mixed feelings about this.  One, I'm glad as that means he'll stop messing with the OT and re-cutting it over and over so that it matches his "original vision" that he's just making up as he goes along on some days.  On the other hand, though... I hope he makes the right decision to keep a firm grip on the creative and licensing rights of his creations, as if they were to fall into the less-discerning hands of Lucasfilm... I shudder to even think...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:42:27 PM
He will never let go of the creative & licensing rights to Star Wars. Ever. What I love is that he doesn't actually get WHY fans are critiquing his work and the fact that he doesn't get that really makes you wonder how much he was involved in the actual films that people love, since the vast majority hate what he did with the prequels when he had full control.

As far as I'm concerned, he's not done but if he is.....GOOD!

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 09:49:50 PM
And would you look at that, he's taking credit for nuking the fridge too. Nobody was surprised this day.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 10:08:15 PM
Of course he did that. It's silly and serves ZERO purpose in the movie other than to show it off. It reeked of Lucas from the very beginning.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 02:12:52 AM
You guys should totally watch his Red Tails movie. Wow, it's so good and entertaining. Like the best movie i've seen in years, it's like, yeah. It's so good, because i'm totally not lying. Lucas can make movies man, it's.... so cool.