Can Bandai get Mega Man off the F***ING moon?

Hypershell · 16799

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
on: January 16, 2012, 04:03:43 AM
UPDATE:

Second poll is open!  This is it, folks, the top ten, only one vote permitted.

http://www.facebook.com/questions/354573801228458/

Let's get Trigger off the goddamn moon! :V

Original post below:

As reported earlier by The Mega Man Network, Bandai and Bluefin are opening up polls to determine the next figure in their D-Arts line.  The first poll allows user-submitted entries and the final poll will take the top seven and narrow it down.

First poll opened a little early, since the fans are chomping at the bit:
http://www.facebook.com/questions/340535812632257/

Get Me Off The Moon had thought to enter Barrett as their rallying cry, however there is the question of whether or not Capcom would even allow such a license (frankly I'm amazed that Aero made it into Udon's Tribute book).  Bandai themselves were kind enough to throw Mega Man Volnutt into the starting lineup, though.  Volnutt at time of writing is maintaining a 20+ vote lead over his nearest competitor (Sigma).

For the first poll, at least, you can vote for as many characters as you want.  So no need to feel conflicted about leaving your favorites hang while you support Legends (on a personal note, this is liable to get awkward for me if Iris makes it into the top 7...).

Let's get Mega Man off the damn moon!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:26:05 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:07:54 AM
As much as I'd like a Kotobukiya-Trigger, Bandai Trigger sounds good too. :) (I have no Facebook, though...)

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:32:28 AM
Honestly, this is not going to be a majority-rules vote, nor a fair vote by any means.
Enjoy your Volnutt.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:41:02 AM
Although I don't have a Facebook, I am rooting for Sigma and Trigger.  I hope either will make it as a figure.  Choosing between either is a tough thing for me to do. 

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline Treleus

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 06:29:18 AM
You can vote for more than one.

I voted for Volnutt, Sigma, Black Zero, X2 Armor, and that's about it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:47 AM
Multipule votes? That's a relief, probably for hypershell anyway. I'll have to think this one over though, voting's never been one of my strong points.  -u-'

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:54:33 AM
Second poll is up today!  This is it, folks, the top ten, only one vote permitted.

http://www.facebook.com/questions/354573801228458/

Let's get Trigger off the goddamn moon! :V

Zero 2nd version and Vile were eliminated due to recent announcements (like we didn't already know they were coming).  That leaves the following to choose from:

Volnutt
Sigma
Bass
Proto Man
Tron
Ultimate Armor
Megaman.EXE
Axl
Command Mission X
Roll Caskett

Interestingly enough, the next couple of characters in line were Mega Man, Iris, Storm Eagle, and Barrett (yep, a character who never appeared in any published work made it to #14).

So many emotions over Iris.  Sad she didn't make it into the top 10, a little ticked that characters who are redundant with Kotobukiya made it so, but relieved that I don't have to choose between her and Trigger, and also glad that at least she beat the stuffing out of every non-Legends female.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 07:04:45 AM
God, I hope Trigger makes it (and that his figure is a high-quality one).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 07:32:26 AM
Bandai does good work, their X and Zero figures are a good example.

Wait....

Roll Casket got into the top 10?

[tornado fang] Trigger I'm voting for Best Roll.
Its a futile effort but I still want to see a good figure of her.

Maybe if Trigger wins we might see some other characters from Legends.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 07:58:51 AM
If Trigger were to generate decent sales then I can't imagine Tron would be very far behind, considering how often she's been the Legends series rep in the past (that and she ties to the Servbots, who are everywhere).  Roll is a bit more iffy.  Seeing her would be like seeing Iris or Alia.  Not a bad idea, by any means, I'm just not sure how much interest Bandai has in navigator-type support characters.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 08:17:14 AM
If Trigger were to generate decent sales then I can't imagine Tron would be very far behind, considering how often she's been the Legends series rep in the past (that and she ties to the Servbots, who are everywhere).  Roll is a bit more iffy.  Seeing her would be like seeing Iris or Alia.  Not a bad idea, by any means, I'm just not sure how much interest Bandai has in navigator-type support characters.

But they're the best characters outside of the main characters. I can't honestly say that I want a Tron figure seeing as I don't like her that much (though if she came with her mech and a Servbot then I would buy her.) and the Support characters need more love anyway.

To be honest, I'm fine with anybody but Protoman winning (We already have a great figure for him).

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 02:01:14 PM
As much as DASH needs more promotion. I prefer to see a Sigma figure over anything else.

Archer

Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 02:31:53 PM
i voted for axl

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 02:54:53 PM
As much as DASH needs more promotion. I prefer to see a Sigma figure over anything else.
Word. We need a Sigma figure.

That said, Trigger's gonna win anyway, so I voted for Sigma. Maybe once they decide on Trigger, the second place Sigma will get a figure too.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 11:06:04 PM
But they're the best characters outside of the main characters. I can't honestly say that I want a Tron figure seeing as I don't like her that much
I can't honestly say that I want a Tron figure seeing as I don't like her that much
I don't like her that much
You best be joking... Tron is the best Megaman female there is, and I'm gonna slap you silly for ever thinking otherwise.
If I ever meet you, that is.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 11:25:19 PM
Personally I prefer Ciel...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 11:27:31 PM

I believe that's check AND mate, gentlemen!!  8D

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 03:53:21 AM
Welp, we've finally got some potential new D-Arts stuff, and...

No Trigger.

I really hope they're just trying to complete the X series or something, or that this isn't all their new stuff, because otherwise, what was the point of that poll?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 04:08:18 AM
Ah damn, you beat me to the punch.

Still, I put mine in the Models/Figures thread and I'm keeping it that way.

Shame that the Sigma apparently is just a display piece, he doesn't even have joints.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 04:33:31 AM
Sigma, Ride Armor, Black Zero, even the frikkin' Navigator Console, all are badass, all are great things, and yet...

Yeah, I REALLY want to know why they're kicking the popular vote in the teeth.  There is always the possibility that this is stuff they started before the poll, I suppose (recall they still have Vile and Zero Type 2 up there originally).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 05:48:04 AM
Sigma, Ride Armor, Black Zero, even the frikkin' Navigator Console, all are badass, all are great things, and yet...

Yeah, I REALLY want to know why they're kicking the popular vote in the teeth.  There is always the possibility that this is stuff they started before the poll, I suppose (recall they still have Vile and Zero Type 2 up there originally).

Black Zero would be pretty badass...

If I didn't know that Bandai is probably just going to take the normal Zero and Repaint it without addressing any of its issues.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 03:02:16 PM
Also keep in mind D-Arts has to get final approval from Capcom for doing anything with their licensed materials. We know that Capcom puts those clauses in all their license contracts, and with good reason. It's very possible they said 'Nope' to Trigger's production.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 09:30:27 PM
Someone on PRC said that Bandai only had the rights to the X series. I dunno if that's true or not, but if so, Bandai should've specified that when they opened the poll.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 12:58:37 AM
Volnutt, Quick Man, Bass, and Proto Man were all among the original seven options posted by Bluefin in the first poll, so I've gotta call bullshit on that one.

Heck, Sigma was the ONLY X-series character in the original options who was not already in production on the Japanese side.

Also keep in mind D-Arts has to get final approval from Capcom for doing anything with their licensed materials. We know that Capcom puts those clauses in all their license contracts, and with good reason. It's very possible they said 'Nope' to Trigger's production.
Far more plausible.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
RPM does not support mob violence.  Unless it gets results.

[spoiler]GET THEM[/spoiler]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 01:43:07 AM
To be honest, I feel that many of the Trigger votes were solely to send the message that "we want more legends" after the Legends 3 fiasco. Bandai probably felt that since they were doing the X series, they would be better off continuing with it and doing other series later.

*hides under fire proof shield*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.