Align · 9197

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
on: October 18, 2011, 05:08:18 PM
Just saw this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spXfRhTWhEE[/youtube]
and am now downloading it. Basically MMPU2 minus new graphics, I think?

Posted on: 2011-10-18, 09:49:58
I have played it and it's pretty great. The stages have a well-balanced difficulty, designed for the bot you play as but occasionally greatly assisted by using one of the others.
It's pretty short since there's no wily castle or what have you, but definitely worth a playthrough of the 8 stages.

Offline Easy

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:45:06 PM
let's try it.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 04:32:57 PM
[youtube]s1Jn1GeWW0w[/youtube]
1.0 is out, and the final product is awesome. Secret character, boss rematch room, and the final boss especially.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 03:16:53 AM
Yup. I played it. It's kind of fun.

FYI, the current version is 1.1 as of this post. I made a reply on the Fusion Fangaming forum and gave them my feedback.

Buuble Man's walking is still silly IMO. Just throwing it out there. :P

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 05:41:28 AM
I got past Snakeman, Hardman, and Geminiman, but now the game runs at a slow frame rate so I can't play it anymore.  :|
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:10:43 AM by Night »

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 06:33:27 AM
I got past Snakeman, Hardman, and Geminiman, but now the game runs at a slow frame rate so I can't play it anymore.  :|

How old is your computer? I used to have this same problem with any Game Maker games running slow on my previous computer. But I recently upgraded, or rather bought a new computer with all the latest boards, and the game ran fine for me.;)

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 02:36:52 PM
Ladd convinced me to try the first one and I decided to just try them both.  The first one is just... crap.  This one, however, is much better than I was expecting!
It was really difficult at first, but as with most Rockman and Rockman-alikes, the more weapons and gizmos you get, the easier the game becomes.  Being able to use the other Robot Masters in other stages as you unlock them is both very helpful and honestly kind of cheap in a way.  There's also an extremely exploitable tactic in the Snakeman battle that involves using Airman to scoot a platform then using Woodman to spam Leaf Shield like crazy.  You don't take any damage throughout the battle doing this, since Snakeman's Search Snakes are destroyed by Leaf Shield.  :B

The game also broke after I beat seven bosses.  It was slowing down while playing sounds or loading stages more and more the longer I played.  Finally, as I went to save, the game gave me about 100 "cannot find object" errors.  Fortunately, I was able to save.

Other than that?  Having fun!  This is a pretty good quality game.  There's a bunch of minor nitpicks I could point out, but eh.  I wasn't expecting another SuperDanny to begin with. (Comes pretty close, in some respect, though...)