Inafune Talks Mega Man Revival and New Strider?: Raise the Rumor Shields Up

Protoman Blues · 18710

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Does that mean... no more Breath of Fire? Forever?

D:

KI: There are currently no plans on making a new Breath of Fire game. Apart from that, regarding RPG titles, they are very popular in Japan, but only certain RPG titles sell so Capcom doesn't really need to even consider making these titles as an option.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Oshi- This is why I shouldn't speak before reading, sleepy or not. I even noticed that and forgot to correct myself.

Sad news though. :'(

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
It doesn't make any sense though.

In this day and age, where sequels/remakes are increasingly the norm, would Capcom REALLY be so "adventurous" to try making a new RPG series, where the Breath of Fire name is both a) known and at least some-what respected and b) the only reason it fell out of favor was because Dragon Quarter didn't make a splash (shame that, but whatever)?

It sounds like a load of crock. It's not like people don't care about BoF, they just wanted more in line of BoF3 and 4, and when DQ went off on a completely different tangent, it didn't do anything for them. But I would like to think that a series re-launch, that does more to return to form, would probably be decently received, at the least.

I mean, unless a "new RPG" from Capcom was going to be using another brand of Capcom's as a basis (Rockman, BASARA, etc), it would sound like the kind of risk that Capcom suits and stockholders wouldn't want to take a chance on. And I'm sure Inafune, even if he IS the head of R&D, would realize that much.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
If they do make a hi-def Mega Man 10, they need to go on ahead and give it the same physics and fluidity of the 8-bit games, and start learning how the positioning of sprites, hitboxes, and the clarity of it all makes all the difference.

For instance, one of the easiest ways to get the maximum amount of jump out of ol' Rock is to look at where his right foot is (on the player's left side).
Such things are probably still true in MMX, MMZ, and MMZX, but those games are focused more on combat. They're also a bit more fun, then crater when they try to imitate the Original series (MMX6, MMZ2, MMZXA).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I want mah Maverick Hunter X2.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I want mah Maverick Hunter X2,X9,ZX3 and DASH3!!!!!!!! :W :W :W

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I WANT A Mega Man 2 HD REMIX!

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
I want mah Maverick Hunter X2,X9,ZX3 and DASH3!!!!!!!! Domo Domo Domo

I would like Mega Man 8/& Bass graphics to make a return, but I am also very fine with NES graphics, regarding Mega Man 10. Mega Man 7's graphics feel so distant to me.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Weren't MM8/MM&Bass graphics rather different?

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Weren't MM8/MM&Bass graphics rather different?

My guess that they were cropped/MM8 style graphics. seeing how it WAS used on the SNES, I doubt the graphics looked as fine as they did on the PSX.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
I mean, didn't MM&B have 32-bit sprites while MM8 had 16-bit, just like MM7 only smaller on the screen.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I mean, didn't MM&B have 32-bit sprites while MM8 had 16-bit, just like MM7 only smaller on the screen.
WHOA, no. how long has it been since youve played 8? 8 and MM&Bass had the same sprite style. 8 came first, then MM&bass with mm8 sprites. the snes could run the mm8 sprites well, but the music was rather bad... then later on thy ported it to the GBA with better music.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
WHOA, no. how long has it been since youve played 8? 8 and MM&Bass had the same sprite style. 8 came first, then MM&bass with mm8 sprites. the snes could run the mm8 sprites well, but the music was rather bad... then later on thy ported it to the GBA with better music.

Cleats to the brain. Seriously, the GBA having the better soundtrack with its terrible compression? R&F having a bad soundtrack? The boss themes alone laugh heartily at this statement.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
personal opinion.
"ported it with REMIXED music"
better? >_>

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Seriously, the difference in sound quality between the SNES RM&F and the GBA one is like day and night, with the SNES having the better soundtrack.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
I prefer some GBA songs over the SNES songs, and vice versa. I do love both Dynamo Man Stages and Magic Man Stages though!

Flok's favorites:

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Mega Man 7's graphics feel so distant to me.
Well that's because they were only used for one game!  Those graphics deserve better.  Maybe the next game can use a similar graphical style to 7, but with a greater resolution for the entire screen so that it doesn't feel as cramped as the old handheld games.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Well that's because they were only used for one game!  Those graphics deserve better.  Maybe the next game can use a similar graphical style to 7, but with a greater resolution for the entire screen so that it doesn't feel as cramped as the old handheld games.

I dunno. 7's basic sprite set was used for the Arcade games, Power Battle and Power Fighters, so it's not like they were just a one shot deal.

Frankly, I never cared for the 7 art style that much. It made Rock look too dumpy for his own good, and that larger sprite really threw off my "Mega Timing".   8D

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile

I'd LOVE seeing that.

Offline Acrosurge

• Crossover Hunter
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
I WANT A Mega Man 2 HD REMIX!
^This, and have Udon create the art... though, Mega Man 2 might not be the best choice, due to its low animation frame count.  Mega Man 7 might be the better option.  Pretty...  XD

Enjoy life,
Acrosurge

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Or 8. Now THAT was a trippy game.