Any Economy effects on you?

dragontamer272 · 1611

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
on: October 05, 2011, 08:19:30 AM
Oh yeah, I'm hit with the Economy alright, I lost my job, I've been out of work for two months, I'm digging through to see what I have that I can sell to make money, bills are hard to catch up on, Rent situations, etc.

Any effects on you?

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:58:52 AM
Well, the job market is utter [parasitic bomb] around here.  I haven't had much luck finding anything.  Gas prices fluctuate daily, public transit fare has gone up.  Prices in various markets and retail outlets are higher.  I bought a shirt at Hot Topic recently, and at least a couple years ago, a shirt there cost about $18.  I think I spent $20 on this shirt.  And then there's the price of comic books.  Up to $3 or more, for some publishers, though DC has maintained a $2.99 price freeze.

Then, there's the local post offices.  A number of post offices around here have closed and their service areas redistributed to other postal carriers.  Many state-owned agencies are also suffering; a number of libraries were hit hard.  The York County Heritage Trust is suffering, as well.  Many agencies like that have turned to public donations.

Thrift stores have seen an increase in clientele, and the public welfare system has seen its share of increase, due to people losing jobs and such.  The housing market here, though, from what I could tell, has been relatively stable.  As Pennsylvania is a commonwealth, I think our housing market operates differently.  Developers from Maryland and Virginia usually buy land up here and build developments, due to our different policies, that vary township by township.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:02:38 AM
Despite the fact that I have a place to stay, I'm still *technically* homeless.

the fact this hasn't changed should be some indication of how the economy is hitting me.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:07:52 AM
Prices are up, on EVERYTHING. Stores closing left and right. And pockets are on an unwanted diet.

Plus you can just sense the tension in the air when you walk outside, especially in the big apple.

Also, everything at home decides to break or go wrong just now.

Washing machine, Dryer a year or two ago, last year there was a leak in the roof, in the joint between the two conjoined houses. We cant exactly go up with our regular ladder because our house has 3 floors. The ladder reaches the second at best. So we had to call the guy who built the house. Thankfully, he's family. :P
Among other issues which drain the bank just when it happens to be a bad economy.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:08:53 AM
Despite the fact that I have a place to stay, I'm still *technically* homeless.

the fact this hasn't changed should be some indication of how the economy is hitting me.

That's the same boat I'm in currently.  In a transient apartment until an opening in a permanent housing placement comes up in December.  Not sure if that's due to the economy or not, however.