A serious Megaman Anime Production. Would you like it?

megaman24681012 · 13604

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 05:38:53 AM
I would LOVE an Ariga MM Anime. But then again, Ariga+Megaman in any way shape or form is usually great.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 12:45:33 AM
And even he gets sick of fighting (X8, Z1 drama tracks, Z3 drama tracks). 

There was that Z2 in-game quote I can't seem to recall when you gun down enough pantheons in the intro stage, but regardless. X has a lot of possible characters to explore. Enter: Massimo.

Take a look at this lug and he's the RPG's near-equivilant of Bulkhead (latter gen Bulkhead, mind you), yet he also lost his komodo dragon-looking friend to a bunch of hoodlums, and we never see him in action, other than a near-dead prisoner.

And if you haven't figured it out from the paragraph above, I would LOOOOOOOVE to see Hitoshi Ariga create an anime adaptation of Mega Man Classic! Just as long as he learns to slow down his pacing; seriously, his stories move by FAST!

Then Argia would have to do a hunt for a company that will agree to do so, make fillers, anime ending, etc. The poor dude would also have to have a huge budget on him to pay a company like Gonzo, or Xebec (Mega Man's go-to guys, seemingly)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 01:15:50 AM
There was that Z2 in-game quote I can't seem to recall when you gun down enough pantheons in the intro stage, but regardless.

"This isn't fun anymore..."?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 01:21:37 AM
To the topic at hand, I'd love it. In regards to taking liberties with things, just go Rockman Megamix on everything and maybe add some (not too bloated) fluff here and there for pace's sake. Finally for art direction. Get Hitoshi Ariga on EVERYTHING. XD

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 01:43:53 AM
...Maybe I'm too cynical, but I'm afraid that if Mr. Ariga directed a Megaman anime, many fans would overlook whatever flaws or issues it had because Mr. Ariga's involved.

The man's awesome, yeah, but still. :/

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 02:10:10 AM
"This isn't fun anymore..."?

That'd be the quote, but I don't think many a people know this while first playing it. It does indeed show that Zero has gotten fed up with fighting, but he has to regardless. Considering how X was turned into a flamin' pussy in X7 They sorta avoided it here. He knows innocents are gonna get in the way but he didin't let his emotions swallow him whole.

I think it's why most fans agree that Zero is better written with X. Because the latter, you gotta take the precautions on which the titular character is going but with a character shrouded in mystery underneath that tough guy appearance really says something.

...Maybe I'm too cynical, but I'm afraid that if Mr. Ariga directed a Megaman anime, many fans would overlook whatever flaws or issues it had because Mr. Ariga's involved.

The man's awesome, yeah, but still. :/

They treat him like a god, just like how since Penders was treated like the [tornado fang]ing devil because he killed a few certain characters and went with the "spawn" approach. It's why Ian Fylnn is treated moreso like a savior because he had to pick up the mess (Sonic Universe), that Penders left behind.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. For me, an Argia anime would be something worth watching in awhile, considering I had to re-visit a certain "Zonbi" anime and for a re-watch I just felt that it was a dumb premise for an attempt at a "slice o' life".

...And Hetalia. Piece of [parasitic bomb]. An argia anime would SO make up for that 'kinda crap (save for a few hidden gems) I've been torturing myself with. *shot*

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 05:06:30 AM
I only suggested that Ariga do the art direction for the show should it happen. I love the way he's able to make the robots "human" while emphasizing the fact that they're robots with subtle things like rivets and bolts everywhere. He basically has the perfect ratio of robot to humanoid in his design of the Rockman worlds. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 30, 2011, 05:23:12 AM
Personally I'd prefer a MegaMan cartoon done by the same people who do Avatar

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #33 on: August 30, 2011, 07:06:13 PM
If it was Classic series I'd definitely trust the Avatar guys to get it right, but the later games... Well, I expect that their ignoring consequences in Avatar was because it's a kids show (essentially) rather than because they didn't think of them, but there's always that small risk.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 09:16:07 AM
o/ If there was an Ariga Mega Man anime series I'd buy the entire set before it's even localised.

Offline Masterge77

• Robot Floatzel
  • Cyberelf
  • Buizel and Floatzel, the best Water Pokemon
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART account
Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 02:09:43 PM
I would prefer to have an anime series based on the next Mega Man series they make, that's IF they make another series (given what Capcom did with Legends 3 recently)

Offline Obdulio

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 05:08:42 AM
I would love to see a serious story-driven anime take on either  Classic , X , Zero , ZX or Legends.

I was looking forward to the other OVAs to come with the X remakes unforunately that didnt happen :(.

I got false hope also when i saw this trailer...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_6QGlvHNP8[/youtube]

i was hoping it would mean a ZX anime and not just another ad for ZX @~@.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 04:29:13 PM
Wasn't it going to be? But they reconsidered since nobody liked the looks of it.

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 09:56:02 PM
I want a Zero Anime that looks like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ET6ZEAUgIw[/youtube]

Season 1 for Zero 1

Season 2 for the time between Zero 1 and 2

Season 3 for Zero 2

Season 4 for the time between Zero 2 and 3

Season 5 for Zero 3

Season 6 for the time between Zero 3 and 4

Season 7 for Zero 4

Each season consisting of 36 episodes and The Series Soundtracks composed by III and Yasuharu Takanashi

But i know this will never come true.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 10:56:53 PM
Sounds awfully padded, though...

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 11:12:46 PM
Sounds awfully padded, though...

how?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 29, 2011, 11:20:54 AM
7 seasons to experience something it took 4 games at maybe 8 hours each, and 90% of that was gameplay that wouldn't really translate well to a show.
I'd say 4 seasons at most, the first half of each can also tell what happened in the intervening time (the first game would give background info for the setting).
EDIT: Of course, this depends on how many and how long episodes each season would have. I was thinking it would be 8x30m, but you might have had much shorter seasons in mind?

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 29, 2011, 06:24:52 PM
Okay let's change the number of episodes for Season 2,4,6 to 18 episodes since they would techinally be filler seasons and partly important to connect the canon seasons.

the reason for 36 episodes for Seasons 1,3,5,7 is to try to put in the main villians with the bosses that are somewhat important to the stories from the games.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 29, 2011, 06:45:38 PM
I want a Zero Anime that looks like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ET6ZEAUgIw[/youtube]

Season 1 for Zero 1

Season 2 for the time between Zero 1 and 2

Season 3 for Zero 2

Season 4 for the time between Zero 2 and 3

Season 5 for Zero 3

Season 6 for the time between Zero 3 and 4

Season 7 for Zero 4

Each season consisting of 36 episodes and The Series Soundtracks composed by III and Yasuharu Takanashi

But i know this will never come true.
DANG , boy. You want 252 episodes in an anime? Dividing it by seasons and without useless filler? ENTIRE seasons for breaks in-between games, skipping timeskips all around?

Jesus Christ, you demented.

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 29, 2011, 07:13:01 PM
look at my post above the one you posted

-AC

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 29, 2011, 07:51:22 PM
look at my post above the one you posted

-AC
It doesn't make it any better! Do you know the effort it takes for one single 12-episode or 25-episode anime adaptation takes to get approved? Most just end up making some crappy ending to fill it all before the manga takes ten more years to finish. All you're saying is "Oh, okay, then you can cut down on the filler seasons".

I understand this is an "I wish for" thing, but it would be nice to see something more realistic. We would be VERY lucky to have an OVA for Zero, or something like a 12-episode half-season anime in order to fill in some timeslot. But you're turning wishes into pink flying elephants here.

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 29, 2011, 08:10:52 PM
okay, lets shorten it down to 4 Original Video Animations that are 1 hour and 25 minutes each.

OVA 1 - Zero
OVA 2 - Zero 2
OVA 3 - Zero 3
OVA 4 - Zero 4

these ova would mainly be the final areas from the games since you encounter all bosses in those areas

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 29, 2011, 08:46:49 PM
That would honestly be very nice, and quite realistic. An OVA doesn't need as much funding as an anime and it can be independently made by fan-support, like the Black Rock Shooter anime.

And it's very possible to stick in several boss battles in a single OVA and still make it damn good. Just look at Hellsing, for example.

Not to mention that the art and animation quality that the video you have showed, is really good. Same with regular good OVAs.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 01:16:38 AM
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-mega-man-tv-series-in-our-future.html

See those comments? Give it a few hours and they'll be almost nothing but "RS-MM sucks because it's not the games" and "Mr. Ariga is the only good MM writer".

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 01:48:36 AM
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-mega-man-tv-series-in-our-future.html

See those comments? Give it a few hours and they'll be almost nothing but "RS-MM sucks because it's not the games" and "Mr. Ariga is the only good MM writer".
Eeeeh, they're Megaman fans. From my experience with many, only a few steps above Sonic fans in irrationality. =P