Mega Man Archie Comics

Psycho Yuffie · 94787

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: May 19, 2012, 03:28:50 PM
#17 will have lots of Protoman. :)

Also Concreteman; looks like they're establishing MM9 ahead of time, too.

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #101 on: May 19, 2012, 04:52:19 PM
Concrete Man? Already? I thought with all the stuff going on up until then Light didn't have an opportunity to build the 9 numbers.

But yes, we finally get to Protoman, and it seems the next arc is going to be about him. Awesome.

Although I'm curious as to who colored the cover on the right.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 01, 2012, 10:16:19 PM
Just finished #14.

[spoiler]Let's see--the Emerald Spears are still clownshit-crazy douchebags, Wily has recreated his 'bots and found Shadowman, Quakewoman gets some more lines (she speaks rather formally), Kalinka and Roll get found out, some bombs are disarmed, and Xander kicks Harvey in the face and tells the doctors he's going to blow everyone up.

Oh, and a robot accidentally put out one of Xander's eyes. Xander, being a sociopath, decided that the best course of action was to murder every robot in existence.[/spoiler]

edit: HURR DURR SPOILER TAGS

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 02, 2012, 12:16:26 AM
Re: [spoiler]Xander's eye.

With a Mega Man IV boss hanging around, I've gotta ask: Was it a white Moby that did it? [/spoiler]

Because that would be awesome.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #104 on: June 04, 2012, 08:41:55 PM
#14 spoilers

[spoiler]Good to see Shadow Man in this one. Except its sad about his condition.

Magnet Man is in here too.

This comic suggests that Ra Moon created the robot masters? Quick Man just got regenerated with a slight memory loss after being defeated by MegaMan.[/spoiler]

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: June 04, 2012, 11:50:55 PM
So, from how things are going, after the current arc it'll be Protoman's backstory, then SAR, and then 3? I wonder, they're setting up SAR already but it doesn't make too much sense to have it happen before 3, does it?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 08, 2012, 11:25:38 PM
So, from how things are going, after the current arc it'll be Protoman's backstory, then SAR, and then 3? I wonder, they're setting up SAR already but it doesn't make too much sense to have it happen before 3, does it?

I'm not sure SAR will necessarily be after Protoman, but it's definitely possible.  I could see it being 3 first, and then a return to the ruins after it.

Bringing in SAR was a great idea though.  The book needs more than one villain, and Ra Moon is one heck of a bad guy.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 04, 2012, 01:35:42 AM
Destructoid preview of #15.

[spoiler]Quakewoman used to be a normal 'bot, but then she was grievously injured/killed in an accident, leading Dr. Lalinde to shut off her emotions. I'm not sure whether or not that's indicative of Lalinde's possible inability to face reality.[/spoiler]

Offline Mary_Nelson

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 05, 2012, 08:36:50 AM
Destructoid preview of #15.

[spoiler]Quakewoman used to be a normal 'bot, but then she was grievously injured/killed in an accident, leading Dr. Lalinde to shut off her emotions. I'm not sure whether or not that's indicative of Lalinde's possible inability to face reality.[/spoiler]

But the solicit for issue 16
[spoiler]
Claims that issue 16 is the one where we learn the "LaLinde's tragic secret".  So either the solicit's a bit off, or there's a little more to the story than just what we see here[/spoiler]

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #109 on: July 08, 2012, 06:40:10 AM
[spoiler]So I got issue #15 today and will begin the review.
First two pages involve Rock tricking a few more members of the Emerald Spears, however, they managed to radio the others about Rock's plan. Rock checks in with the others and so far Qauke Woman got to a third bomb, Elec Man to his second, and Pharaoh Man is finding the last of them before seeing if he can start disabling them.
Xander is telling the doctor's that he's going to blow them up because it seems he was maimed when the Light Robots were sabotaged in the first four issues. We also find out why Lalinde took away Quake's personality. Apparently she was destroyed in an accident or some such as Gonzo pointed out a few posts above.
We then get back to Wily and Co, and Shadow Man is revived. One thing that does bother me a little is that, SHadow Man looked like Shadow Man when they found him. I always pictured a more ancient and dilapidated robot that Wily used as base to Shadow's build. Anyway, Shadow Man is active. My inner fangirl is happy. Although a few panels of him the art doesn't look so good. Of course, an alarm is tripped and Wily sends Shadow, Magnet, Quick, and Flash out to investigate. And Flash is still sore about Quick killing him.
Kalinka and Roll are being chased by an ES guy, but believes that Roll and Kalinka are sisters. He lets him out of a different exit and Roll gets in contact with Agent Krantz.
Back to Wily and Co.
Needle Man is created and Wily tells him to do some heavy lifting. Needle looks down at his lack of hands to which Crash tells him, 'Welcome to the club, brother.' Quick arrives with the others. A shut down Blues slumped between them and wow is his hair fluffy. Oh and Ra Moon is talking now.
Xander tries to detonate the bombs. Bombs don't detonate. He tells his group to go shoot the robots but since humans are still inside, they're also getting in harm's way, giving Rock and the others a reason to fight back. Dumb lady tries to electrocute Elec Man. I guess the lightening bolt on his mask and chest didn't clue her in that he would be immune.
Xander manages to make the one bomb that they didn't get to explode, causing the lecture hall that Light, Cossack, and Lalinde were in to collapse and that's the end.

Short circuits features Cossack transporting Pharaoh Man in a sarcophagus except that it got mixed up with a real one. Poor Pharaoh Man is stuck in a History Museum. [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:54:04 AM by Dr. Wily II »

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: July 10, 2012, 04:22:33 AM
However will that work?

Assuming it's not some MEGA MAN AND SONIC AT THE PARALYMPIX game.

Oh nevermind, I had a brainfart and forgot this thread was about comics.

Derp.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: July 10, 2012, 07:02:04 AM
ehhh

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #113 on: July 10, 2012, 07:49:37 AM

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180941

I was just about to post that!  I at least posted it in the Sonic comic thread.

I, for one, am excited about it.  While I haven't been to the comic store in ages, I've been reading the Megaman comics when I get the chance.  I enjoy the artwork in the recent issues.  Spaz was a nice artist, but his style lacked movement and fluidity.  The latest artist, though, has that motion.  The characters aren't so stiff.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: July 10, 2012, 03:44:46 PM
'minds me of this

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 10, 2012, 10:42:18 PM
Woah, 12 part story? So, an entire year of crossover? o_0

I'm liking the way they draw Bass.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #118 on: July 11, 2012, 12:12:20 AM
More like 4 months.  It's going to be spread across Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Mega Man.  Law of averages says 4 issues a piece.

That's still one HELL of a lot of crossover, though.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: July 11, 2012, 01:18:18 AM
Is this a separate comic, or will they be in the issues themselves? I'd so rather prefer if it were a separate comic in itself. Still though, should be fun.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: July 11, 2012, 02:29:45 AM
Is this a separate comic, or will they be in the issues themselves? I'd so rather prefer if it were a separate comic in itself. Still though, should be fun.

The press release says it'll run through StH, MM and Sonic Universe. :/ I somehow came under the impression that it'd be its own book...Well, at least I'll have reason to go to The Deep more often.

So does this mean that the crossover won't be in its own micro-continuity?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: July 11, 2012, 05:37:11 AM
Damn. Hate when they force me to read books I don't want to read! XD

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #122 on: July 11, 2012, 05:43:26 AM
I guess I'll need to get to the comic store... or start a subscription and have the comics mailed to me! :D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:35 AM
Orrrrrr get them "another" way!  8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile