I don't hate Capcom either

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 22, 2011, 04:03:47 AM
Think about it. It all makes sense now.

Wily is the CEO of Capcom.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 22, 2011, 06:40:47 AM
What an evil Boat Salesman.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 22, 2011, 07:04:02 AM
In light of Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation, I thought I'd bring out a satirical video I made six months ago for kicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0UtY44VmBk&feature=player_embedded#t=14s

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 22, 2011, 09:46:57 AM
I haven't been around this board for months. Other responsibilities pulled me in other directions, and eventually this just became an outlet to vent nerd rage, often when I was already frustrated at something else. My apology. I don't expect anyone has missed me too much anyway.

Old habits die hard, so I'm driven to say this to you, the only ones I think might understand. I think I've outgrown Mega Man. I've come to accept that Mega Man will not become what I want it to be, and that there are better things I can be doing with my time than spending time debating its loose fiction and encouraging hopes that lead so often to disappointment. That is not a slight on any of you who still wish to do such things. If it can still be just as fun for you as it once was for me, more power to you.

Capcom's latest antics with pulling out of both Legends 3 and Universe is making walking away all the easier. I admit I didn't participate in the Devroom. I've been too busy to, and I don't have the talent to enter all their art contests to begin with. I still thought it was a great effort on Capcom's part, but I somehow just couldn't quite believe it. Sure enough, my doubts are fulfilled. I went to Capcom-Unity today to see the mess that has become of this franchise. Ironically, you can still join the Devroom and get a Servbot number, even after the project is pronounced dead. I am number 4245. Some good that does.

Mega Man will limp on, in a few months to a year we'll have new Mega Man game announcements. Fan rage will blow over and life will go on. If you guys stick around that long, I'm sure it'll come. But me, I just don't care anymore.

Farewell, old friends.

Well I always enjoyed reading your debates and such, so farewell to you MM!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 22, 2011, 03:07:30 PM
Thought this was somewhat touching.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdUWSp5pks[/youtube]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 22, 2011, 07:05:38 PM
Do you guys know Cyberconnect2?

The guys behind Asura's Wrath and those cel-shaded naruto fighting games?

Well,

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/22/cyberconnect2s-ceo-would-be-happy-to-work-on-mega-man-legends-3/

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 22, 2011, 07:19:09 PM
Saw that earlier today.  *o* I would LOVE it if they got the rights to do it! I'm a big fan of the .hack series!  owo

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 22, 2011, 07:23:40 PM
never played any of their games, but hey, if they want to give it a shot, its worth a shot.

What i love most about this is how even OTHER gaming companies are reacting to it. the Skullgirls devs took to the whiteboard to express their dissatisfaction, (and even took a swipe at capcom) and now these guys are like "hey, we can make it if they dont want to..."

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 22, 2011, 08:48:06 PM
The only games i've played by them were the Naruto fighting games. So i can't actually compare those to a free-roaming adventure game like Legends. I'd expect it to be more melee based than what we've seen in the Legends 3 footage.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: July 22, 2011, 09:01:39 PM
Do you guys know Cyberconnect2?

The guys behind Asura's Wrath and those cel-shaded naruto fighting games?

Well,

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/22/cyberconnect2s-ceo-would-be-happy-to-work-on-mega-man-legends-3/

You beat to it, could there still be hope for Legends?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 22, 2011, 09:02:10 PM
Hope rides alone dies last

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 22, 2011, 09:12:34 PM
pessimist coming through

honestly i don't know that cyberconnect2 would pick this up considering that the megaman franchise has [acid burst] poor income potential, but it would be pretty snazzy if they did work on it. but still you can't bank on nostalgia alone in this business.

we've already watched the franchise decay into mediocrity, why get upset over this?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: July 22, 2011, 11:25:50 PM
Well obviously if the CEO is offering to make it, they want to. Guy seems to be a fan himself.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: July 22, 2011, 11:26:52 PM
true, true.

i just worry about the "but it won't make enough money!" issue that capcom seemed to have. maybe they wouldn't mind overlooking that.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #90 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:28 PM
They see the fan momentum behind the whole thing, and they're more hopeful. To me, they don't even see it as a risk; they know it's going to be a hit with the fans. I can't predict how it would sell, but if they eventually did release Legends 3... I hope the sales numbers open up Capcom's eyes.

And I totally think the project would've lasted longer with Inafune on board. He would've pushed to have the prototype out.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #91 on: July 22, 2011, 11:32:20 PM
CyberConnect2 also made Tail Concerto and Solatorobo, both being very good and worthy substitutes to the Mega Man Legends series~ <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 22, 2011, 11:37:13 PM
CyberConnect2 also made Tail Concerto and Solatorobo, both being very good and worthy substitutes to the Mega Man Legends series~ <3

I've had my eye on Solatorobo. I hope they bring to the US.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 22, 2011, 11:37:54 PM
And I totally think the project would've lasted longer with Inafune on board. He would've pushed to have the prototype out.
this i definitely agree with. in fact i don't have a source on this but i think he's been quoted to want to work on a legends 3 before he retired. he didn't quite get what he bargained for there.

i don't know, maybe i'm just a little too pessimistic about the whole thing. it just seems like an awful lot of new energy to inject into such an old, old franchise. it just feels like it's way too late to even be thinking about this in my opinion.

but it's not over until it's over, so we'll see.

CyberConnect2 also made Solatorobo, a very good and worthy substitute to the Mega Man Legends series~ <3
see, i'm probably one of the only people here who'd never even heard of cyberconnect2 or any of these games they've put out until this thread. from what i saw on the wiki this solatorobo thing does look pretty nifty though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:49 PM
I had only heard of Asura's Wrath, but I didnt know anyone but Capcom was involved there.

That said, in response tho the money overlooking thing, think about it this way. Capcom is under heavy fire right now for what a large part of the gaming community calls "the biggest douchebag move ever". If these guys came out and said "hey, we'll make the game for you, Capcom!" and managed to do so, Imagine how people would latch onto them? they would gain a considerable amount of fans who may not have previously heard of them or given them much mind, but because they "did what Capcom didnt", the fanbase would ADORE them, and probably follow them or try their other games.

Think about it. Its good marketing,  "We made the game Capcom wouldnt make for you" kind of marketing.

that said, Megaman network had this image along with the Cyberconnect announcement and I just found it pretty funny.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: July 22, 2011, 11:48:06 PM
Not to mention that both Tail Concerto and Solatorobo has that adorable kiddy humor that you just can't say no to. And the games themselves are like Mega Man Legends because you enter dungeons, collect treasures and fight against bad guys and trying to prevent a weapon of mass destruction from ancient times from destroying the world. The soothing music and character design really makes the games stand out a lot with other games that are similar. :cookie:

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: July 22, 2011, 11:54:12 PM
Not to mention that both Tail Concerto and Solatorobo has that adorable kiddy humor that you just can't say no to. And the games themselves are like Mega Man Legends because you enter dungeons, collect treasures and fight against bad guys and trying to prevent a weapon of mass destruction from ancient times from destroying the world. The soothing music and character design really makes the games stand out a lot with other games that are similar. :cookie:
wow. that just about describes L1, doesnt it. lol

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: July 22, 2011, 11:55:51 PM
Surprisingly too well

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: July 23, 2011, 12:02:22 AM
OK OK, there's one more similar thing in Solatorobo too, but I don't want to ruin the fun so.... (spoiler)

[spoiler]There's a shower scene with Elh, the felineko that joins your group early on, and Red Savarin finds out that she is a girl, when she was pretending to be a boy beforehand. And of course Red gets a slap in the face. XD[/spoiler]

I was able to beat the game last year, but we didn't update the Gaming thread so much, but I will do that soon~

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #99 on: July 25, 2011, 04:17:13 AM
well.... it`s been a while since my last post,
but this is necessary......
so..... they killed rd3...for some reason...that was expected...think about it, not only capcom.....in the last time game companys are fueled only for monetary interest
for example... after 12 years duke nukem forever was released...but  as a game... it was just another fps....
games today are only graphics it seem that developers don`t  care no more for real quality
it`s a sahme don`t you think?