It's dead, Jim.

Sparky · 57586

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 07:53:40 AM
Oh yeah..they feared they would lose some money...poor poor Capcom. I bet the release of Legends 3 would make you go bankrupt...asses

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 12:11:17 PM
sales on pretty much every megaman game in the past decade haven't been high enough for capcom's standards to begin with. otherwise you kids would have more psp remakes and shovelware on xbla/psn/wii.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 12:40:30 PM
Oh well I think we all saw this coming.

I had some hope left, but I'm really nit all that surprised.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 12:51:14 PM
x cancellation
o timing of cancellation

I had hoped they'd cancel it at least after they'd released the prototype and its sales sucked. Then we could at least say: Oh well, we tried our best.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 01:23:48 PM
aside/ You know, as unenthused with the story as I was, and despite the fact it'd likely only see release in Korea, I still want Rockman Online to make it. If at least one MM project saw the light of day, that would be great. But no, they haven't updated in a while... /aside

Isn't Capcom going to be at Comic Con this year? To whoever's going there, please ask them (politely) if they know why MML3 was canceled. Maybe they will, maybe they won't--maybe we'll just get more meaningless PR bullshit. But it'll be worth a try.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 09:25:06 PM
I think the worst part is that they didn't even give the Prototype a chance.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 09:35:14 PM
I think the worst part is that they didn't even give the Prototype a chance.
If there even was one. After all, you cant eny the fact that it wasnt present when it should have been at what was it, E3? And now the rumor is they never intended to make it, but it was all just to ell the 3DS?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 09:39:45 PM
See my post in the Prototype topic.

We were trolled. Rather successfully, might I add.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 12:33:09 AM
We were.  When you "delay" something to "continue to make improvements", while in reality you are "deciding whether or not we can still release it", you can't really call it anything but trolling.

Years down the road, I expect the Prototype will be leaked over the internet, and my 3DS will have its connection settings deleted so that I may safely hack it.

sales...remakes and shovelware
Gee, I wonder why the sales sucked...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 05:44:12 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/itdlp/megaman_legends_3_cancelled/c26ind3

Reposted from the Prototype thread. So apparently MML3 just wasn't shaping up to be a fun game...

IT WAS ONLY 25% DONE. YOU SERIOUSLY COULDN'T USE THE REST OF YOUR DEVELOPMENT TIME TO FIX THAT?!

Offline Ekaje

• You worthless piece of scrap metal!
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 05:53:50 AM
So did he provide proof that he was a tester or whatever in the rest of that comments page or is "I'm totally a tester and it was bland and boring" all he says?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 05:56:42 AM
No proof.

But if that does turn out to be the real reason...

Offline Tsukishiro

• Seeker of Life, Friends, and Magic!
  • Robot Master
  • Doing my usual stuff, when I'm not sleeping...
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 10:52:46 AM
That would only mean that people didn't even had the creative energies to imagine up the rest of the game, even with the input of the fans. In other words...

Capcom has lost its touch, period, and even some of the people in Capcom know it, and can't do a damn thing about it.

Rockman! May you and all those who stand with you throughout the ages fight for everlasting peace!

Viva la Infaking, baby!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 11:17:13 PM
Hey, guess what?

http://twitter.com/#!/CapcomEuro

@[ some guy] iit's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds

That's right. They blamed us for "not wanting to get more involved".

Except I'm fairly certain we were.

Didn't even give us the goddamn Prototype. Didn't even wait for 3DS sales to pick up. Just canned everything and said it was all our fault.

...I'm feel awkward posting this after the news thread got locked, but Jesus. Even taking into account the comparatively low Servbot numbers, the backlash should've told them something.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 11:25:55 PM
Holy [parasitic bomb], so Capcom has the balls to spout that crap huh?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 11:38:52 PM
THe game wasn't western enough. That's the reason.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 11:45:59 PM
Anyway, i don't see the point in commenting in topics like these UNLESS there's official updates on why Capcom canned it. Because we're still left in the dark about that. Arguing and bitching won't change anything, everything has pretty much been said already. (Not saying to lock this one too) just don't spam it up with Capcom hate like the previous ones, guys.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 12:39:56 AM
Holy [parasitic bomb], so Capcom has the balls to spout that crap huh?
remember how Other M was a completely terrible game in every possible way you could ruin a metroid game and how it sold terribly? Sakamoto blamed every single metroid fan for not realizing his greatness or some other bullshit along those lines.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 01:08:11 AM
Other M  <3

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 01:56:06 AM
remember how Other M was a completely terrible game in every possible way you could ruin a metroid game and how it sold terribly? Sakamoto blamed every single metroid fan for not realizing his greatness or some other bullshit along those lines.
Except that Other M was, quality-wise, Fusion in 3D.  The "ruined forever" complaints were from people looking for any excuse they could find to call whatever Team Ninja does sexist, despite the fact that Samus shows considerably more skin and allows maternal instincts to damn near doom the galaxy when Nintendo's at the wheel.

It's pretty hard to not call bullshit on that one.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 02:07:39 AM
Except Fusion was actually fun to play, didn't completely retcon out everything that happened in the prime trilogy, didn't turn samus into a crying baby at the sight of that one guy she kills every other thursday, make her suit run on magical girl bullshit, or have an old japanese man cramming every possible japanese female stereotype he can onto her.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:00 AM
Yeah, I guess that didn't bug me

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 21, 2011, 06:37:26 AM
Random thought;

Remember the story of Dead Rising? It initially got rejected, and the dev team started working on it in secret in their own time. Breaking the rules so to speak. Eventually resubmit it for approval, and hope for the best. Think that could happen here?

I know I'm grasping at straws, but there really aren't many other options...

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 21, 2011, 06:57:06 AM
Wasnt that the one where Inafune went over the allotted prototype budget, to force Capcom to greenlight it or something?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 21, 2011, 03:54:22 PM
Yes. And that could have gotten people laid off if the game did not sell well. Okay people, I know I may not get the response I'm looking for but I'm going to ask it anyway. Is the few hours of entertainment, Megaman therioes, and buster shooting that much more important to you than peoples jobs?

I said it before and I'll say it again. Megaman doesn't carry enough marketing weight to sell enough copies and at the very least break even with the costs of making a game for the 3ds. The 3ds alone is a risky business venture because of how much that tech costs and not too many people have bought them. (Yes, I understand that a lot of people bought them, however they don't fly off shelves and print money) For them to do what you want, they need to put their business AND their employees at risk so YOU can have a few hours of entertainment and HOPE that people buy at least 2 million copies of the game to break even with the costs of production, pr, and development. Look, I get that you guys love Megaman and thats fine and all. But you love him that much to put a company at risk? Jobs at risk?

Honestly, none of us have an actual right to be fuming mad at the news. None of us have put money into development of the game, so none of us have the say in what makes it to the market. Also: I will say this. The cancelation of this game has nothing to do with "Megaman isn't western enough." It simply will not sell very well. I mean, the reason Psychonauts (The awesome game that it was) didn't see a sequel was because it did not sell well. 50: Cent Bulletproof sold well. So from a marketing standpoint it would be too risky for them to make another one. Honestly guys. Do you think it's THAT worth it?