It's dead, Jim.

Sparky · 57817

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: July 25, 2011, 04:26:40 AM
from what I saw, Duke Nukem only took a few things from other FPS, (and even made fun of them) but then again, thats the thing with duke, he copies other stuff. usually movies.

But at least it came OUT. after so many years, it finally came out.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #101 on: July 25, 2011, 05:01:40 AM
well.... it`s been a while since my last post,
but this is necessary......
so..... they killed rd3...for some reason...that was expected...think about it, not only capcom.....in the last time game companys are fueled only for monetary interest
for example... after 12 years duke nukem forever was released...but  as a game... it was just another fps....
games today are only graphics it seem that developers don`t  care no more for real quality
it`s a sahme don`t you think?
It's always how the industry operated; ripoffs and gimmicks to make a quick buck. Sega Genesis dominated the NES because it had 16-bit graphics, but the NES probably has one of the best gaming libraries regardless. And after Super Mario Bros. 3, everyone tried to make a game like it.

Again there was a lot (if not the same amount) of crap back then as there is today. the only difference is that old crap has nostalgia going for it.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: July 25, 2011, 05:12:02 AM
I dunno how related this could be, but...

They canned MML3 but want to re-release this? I just hope this had been decided beforehand...

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: July 25, 2011, 05:19:51 AM
It's been out already in the JP VC for a while IIRC. Vixy could confirm.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #104 on: July 25, 2011, 05:38:11 AM
Basically, Capcom's way of saying "sorry, we [tornado fang]'d up."

Though honestly, that's good news on its own, since it was my first Mega Man game (possibly video game), and it hasn't lost its touch. But I'm biased. :D
That's probably worthy of its own thread, and though extremely overdue, the Game Boy games will always be welcome. Still not enough for me to buy a 3DS like Legends would be, but it's good to know it's there.

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #105 on: July 25, 2011, 05:57:53 AM

They canned MML3 but want to re-release this? I just hope this had been decided beforehand...

well...that was sad.
well done capcom i lost the bit of respet i used to have for you  -AC

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 25, 2011, 06:09:15 AM
Why? For releasing something that was already out in Japan over a month ago? Seriously guys =/

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 25, 2011, 06:10:48 AM
I hope they realize that simply rereleasing a gameboy game on the 3DS isnt going to quell anything. In fact, it would be like pouring a glass of water on a raging house fire.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 25, 2011, 06:51:55 AM
I've had my eye on Solatorobo. I hope they bring to the US.
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter came out for PAL this month, and the US should be getting it in September

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 25, 2011, 07:23:00 AM
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter came out for PAL this month, and the US should be getting it in September

Cool. It's nice to have another quality DS title, infact this is the only good one that the DS has had in a while.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: July 25, 2011, 08:00:43 AM
Get Me Off The Moon has surpassed 1 / 4 of it's goal already at 25,300 likes.

http://www.facebook.com/GetMeOffTheMoon

Also, googling "canceled" brings up Joystiq's Mega Man Legends 3 cancellation article as the 3rd result. Googling "cancelled" brings up Protodude's at 5th. =O

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: July 25, 2011, 03:19:32 PM
Yeeeeah, 100,000 people isn't going to happen. By the end of the month, I'd bet maybe...40,000 is the best numbers they get. And I'm sure somepeople on there liked is because thier friends asked them to like it for them. Anyways, did you guys know that The Protomen just recently recieved a cease and desist by Capcom? Those Megaman tears sure are flowing in.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: July 25, 2011, 03:39:10 PM
Looking into it it seems that that was probably fake too.

Lot's of people are trying to add to the fire ^^;

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 25, 2011, 03:53:56 PM
Jeez, that doesn't really help the whole "We think we deserve Legends 3" cause.  ::) Something that bugs me about how they are trying to get people to sign for Megaman and the reason I don't think it will succeed is that fans aren't doing much to show -why- they think (And I stress the word "think") it's worth being revived. As far as an actual character goes, Voltnutt is not fleshed out at all. He's bland and there's nothing special about him and fans aren't helping in with showing what they think is special about that Megaman or the game at all. There's no reaching out. Like Yahtzee said. It's like asking people to feel sorry for a brick, because it's brick children have left home and don't write.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: July 25, 2011, 07:03:07 PM
The characterization with Rock here is that he has lived two completely different lives. his characterization comes from exposition into his background, and how he has to re-start his mission to finish off the system and all that jazz.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #115 on: July 25, 2011, 07:11:38 PM
The 100,000 plan may not go as planned, but it's something, and it's definately getting attention. The thing is, fans don't really know what to do right now, it all set in so quickly. This plan seemed like the most plausible.

Now, I'm just going to throw this out there, but if Capcom decided to restart the project, it would be one great publicity stunt. Enough people were excited by the fact that theyr'e reviving a long dead series, but it became even more famous after the cancellation itself, and all the negative feelings.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: July 25, 2011, 07:30:42 PM
Something that bugs me about how they are trying to get people to sign for Megaman and the reason I don't think it will succeed is that fans aren't doing much to show -why- they think (And I stress the word "think") it's worth being revived.

There's no point in them going into a whole rant about why they want it back, Capcom doesn't need people on fb telling them that, Unity already has that covered. The reason for signing is simple. Like everyone has been saying time and time again for a hundred times: This had massive fan support, with contributions and concepts that fans had worked hard on for the sole cause of bringing this dream project into reality. This was quite literally a smack to the face to people anticipating a series that many thought would stay untouched.  The MM franchise as a whole has become less and less prominent with Capcom. And the company knows it. So to speak, this would have been a fresh start for a lot of newcomers to the series. And for veterans, to crack their knuckles in preparation of entering the vast environments of the Legends world once again.

Keep on mind that Universe was also cancelled, so fans have the right to assume that Cappy has pretty much lost all faith in Megaman financially.   

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 26, 2011, 06:29:07 AM

Well if not:

+

=

How I would feel.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 26, 2011, 06:49:25 AM

Well I mean it had already been in the JP 3DS shop since the shop went up (or a week after, I forget)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: July 26, 2011, 03:45:39 PM
Food for thought:

Capcom may be comparing Legends 3 to Legends 2. In by judging the sales of Legends 2 to not warrant another game. Thinking about it, and the immense dev room response and the reports of fans everywhere being up in arms across the whole internet, including devs. This doesn't add up. So it came to me;

Capcom I believe has discounted the player base, by simply comparing numbers to that of Legends 2's sales. In reality, both of the games have been out and about for 10 years. Being borrowed, handed down, re-sold, rented, and emulated I think it's safe to presume the fan base is much larger than the initial sales numbers, because many more people have played it in the last 10 years by other means.

Just my two cents.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: July 26, 2011, 03:47:57 PM
You could be right.

In fact, with proper research Capcom could find out whether or not the customer base of MML3 is big enough or not and adjust a proper marketing campaign to assure a minimum of sales.

But researches and campaigns like that already cost a lot of money.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: July 26, 2011, 04:02:10 PM
I know I've personally pushed off Legends to a dozen or more of people who never had a PSX or never was able to find it, or never would have tried it normally.

In fact, I never purchased a copy of either game at the time. I honestly never found them for sale, or knew much about them at the time they came out. All the copies I've played were rentals, and ultimately, as much as I hate to admit it, burned disks (I had a mod chip). I just could never find it for sale new, since I missed the window of launch.

Most of this can be attributed to me being a late adopter of the PSX. I never got it when it first came out. X4 and Legends being the reason I eventually got it, after I was showed the games by a friend.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: July 26, 2011, 05:14:22 PM
Yeah. I know I never played it when it was new due to not having a PSX yet.

But look at me, I just played Legends 1 a few days ago for the first time, and started L2 the other night. (been meaning to play them, never got the chance)

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #123 on: July 26, 2011, 10:15:34 PM
mmmm... i was wondering about...
capcom really want to continue megaman games, or kill it for more "profitable" proyects
maybe they want to, nothing says about a classic game cannot be made in new hardware (example : fallout) of course  we want megaman back , but maybe capcom think fans aren`t a real market target, of something happens inside the company what make them hate the idea of another megaman...or just they are stupids and retarded yellow people...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: July 27, 2011, 12:01:15 AM
or just they are stupids and retarded yellow people...

We can do without the racism, thanks.

And i can barely comprehend your statement.