Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype version officially announced!

Turian · 65548

Archer

Reply #175 on: July 19, 2011, 07:57:50 AM
Can't you see it. Capcom is just testing the Megaman fans. Now that they see how they behave they will be all like :"Lol, U GAIZ no deserve gamez you want. "

Capcom is Sato?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: July 19, 2011, 08:01:24 AM
Can't you see it. Capcom is just testing the Megaman fans. Now that they see how they behave they will be all like :"Lol, U GAIZ no deserve gamez you want. "
*Implying they would give the fans what they want either way*

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: July 19, 2011, 12:08:24 PM
*Implying they would give the fans what they want either way*
They've given me a few fun co-op experiences, maybe you should stop wanting the impossible.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: July 19, 2011, 01:45:09 PM
nothing is impossible, just unlikely.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #179 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:04 PM
Welp, after reading the FAQ I still feel gypped. Especially with this one.

Q. What will happen to the ideas and input participants have given to the Dev Room?

A. Content will remain viewable on the Devroom, but will not be utilized for any future projects.

So basically, all the hard work and ideas are still there, but for all intents and purposes the effort put forth was for nothing. HAY MAKE SUM BOSSES AND STUFF AND POUR YOUR HEART AND SOUL INTO IT... AND THEN WE'LL CRUSH YOUR DREAMS!! 8D

Seriously, Superdee's avvy, that face right there, sums it up perfectly.

Capcom just surpassed Nintendo as the biggest trolls in gaming history. The only thing that would've been bigger than this would be if Valve had said, on the day of Portal 2's release, OH THE GAME IS A LIE. AHAHAHA

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #180 on: July 20, 2011, 12:21:34 AM
So, their "experiment" to gauge interest is delayed so that it can be "further improved", and during those "improvements", they can the entire project outright.

Dick.  Move.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #181 on: July 20, 2011, 05:30:10 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/itdlp/megaman_legends_3_cancelled/c26ind3
Legends 3 was cancelled because it wasn't a good game, and they had no idea how to make it good. Everything about it was just so bland. Then when you factor in the low sell numbers of the 3DS, even if every person who owned a 3DS bought Legends 3 the game still wasn't going to make a profit. So instead of releasing a game that wasn't good and wasn't going to profit, it was cancelled. And trust me, Capcom knows how angry you are, they knew before they made the announcement public.

It became a question of which wrath do we want to incur - "[tornado fang] you Capcom this game sucks!" or "[tornado fang] you Capcom for cancelling it!" Both are less than desireable but at least with the latter some costs can be saved.

Personally I would have loved them to release a game anyway. Even if ppl/reviewers did go with "[tornado fang] you Capcom for a terrible game." At least we would've seen MegaMan come back from space. :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: July 20, 2011, 05:36:06 AM
"[tornado fang] you Capcom this game sucks!" or "[tornado fang] you Capcom for cancelling it!"

Ill take the first option with a side of "finally resolving the cliffhanger"

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: July 20, 2011, 05:48:14 PM
I'd take the game over nothing any day. It as it was, was pretty good looking. Visually rough, but the gameplay looked nice. It looked like a smoother Legends 2 with improvements and new abilities. That in itself is great.

Also, it's a prototype people. Of course it's going to look rough. Not demo, not beta, not 'episode one', a PROTOTYPE. You guys do know what prototype means, right?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #184 on: July 21, 2011, 01:51:26 AM
Indeed.  And I have seen retail 3DS and Wii games that looked considerably worse than the Legends 3 Prototype.

The Prototype Version's absence is what ticks me off.  Literally, there is *NOTHING* in the way of "3DS Ware".  Not one.  Damn.  Thing.  The e-Shop is full of Virtual Console, DSi, and free [parasitic bomb] to keep people looking.  Capcom had a chance to [tornado fang]ing MONOPOLIZE the demograph and they simply walked away, after delaying the Prototype past it's original release date.  What the bloody hell were they thinking? 

Even if things were truly as bleak as they say, even if a 100% penetration rate of the installed userbase couldn't recoup the cost, the damn thing was done already and it's part of what was promised as the "extended trial" BEFORE the game's final fate would be decided.  There was no reason to not at least release the Prototype and wait another damn month.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #185 on: July 21, 2011, 02:04:33 AM
Well this isn't the first completely illogical decision a game company has made before.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: July 21, 2011, 02:07:38 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/CapcomEuro/status/93720826087620608
Quote from: CapcomEuro
@kdawg3000 it's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds

This is some grade A troll material right here. Just keep on chumming the waters.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #187 on: July 21, 2011, 02:45:28 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/CapcomEuro/status/93720826087620608
This is some grade A troll material right here. Just keep on chumming the waters.

Your Aku avatar makes this post even more great. :D

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #188 on: July 21, 2011, 02:53:05 AM
Quote from: @kdawg3000 said
it's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds

Hundreds of people -- nay, fans of the Legends series -- submitted their ideas, suggestions, and even concept art for enemy and boss designs, and Capcom have the [tornado fang]ing nerve to tell US this to our faces?! You guys are in for a nerd-rage [parasitic bomb] storm at an epic scale. o//////o

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: July 21, 2011, 03:13:50 AM
Capcom of Europe, specifically.

One mod over at CU, Liana, had this to say:

I second you guys! Thank you Christian, for taking the time to come on here, pretty much as soon as you got home! O_O

I still have major issues with Capcom Europe and the people responding via their Twitter.

In response to an article from the MMNetwork, rarely did I see any real effort from them to push the Devroom, or the MML3/Prototype projects, nay even make solid connections with Capcom's family of websites to really create a buzz or melting pot for European Mega Man fans. All they seem to care about is Moto GP, Resident Evil and stuffing Japanese producers with donuts and bloomin Ferrero Rocher!!

Are there live streams from Capcom Europe? NO. Capcom USA steps up to the plate. I hope there are more efforts from my side of the pond to take initiative and handle our own regional events and to start streaming tournaments, events (Excel, Gamescom, etc), interviews with producers and to generally make a dent on the European market. Maybe even have Seth or yourself come over here, meet our teams and introduce yourselves properly! (Sven, you got the Euro roots, come on.. )

The only thing I can commend Capcom Europe on, is their growing improvement with live events and launch parties. They have attempted to make a conscious effort to make a start with Fight Clubs. I can only hope they follow Unity's example and pull out the stops with community involvement that does not include bribery.

Their forums continue to remain stagnant. Unity seems to be the only place where any real visible effort is made and your strong, public, SOLID connections with the Japan office are undeniable.

Again, Thank You.

L

(ps- play with these ideas!)

Thread is here, by the way: http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/28042937/Cleaning_things_up?pg=1

So at least one person at CoA agrees with us.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: July 21, 2011, 04:15:19 AM
@kdawg3000 it's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved :-( if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: July 21, 2011, 05:59:02 AM
.........I gotta say, that's damn impressive!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: July 21, 2011, 07:22:58 AM
I am seriously still of the belief that this is just one massive PR stunt Capcom pulled because they got bored as [tornado fang] one day and decided to see which fanbase could be most volatile when stirred. Between DmC, the Ace Attorney games not leaving Japan any more and of course this, it was just a Russian Roulette and Legends got the bullet. XD

*Thanks God that fighting game Capcom is still awesome and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 looks amazing thus far*

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: July 21, 2011, 07:38:12 AM
*Thanks God that fighting game Capcom is still awesome and Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 looks amazing thus far*

You say that now, then they make a new version of the game 6 months later.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: July 21, 2011, 08:14:06 AM
Yeah, real awesome. I love having to spend $40 more on a game I spent $60 on no more than five months ago because they got off their asses and actually finished it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: July 21, 2011, 09:13:39 AM

to quote an anon,

"I have to admit, I admire Capcom.

I wish I could troll even half as hard as they do."

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: July 21, 2011, 11:59:14 AM

Oh god damn it, enough with the smiley you corporate schill of a [Top Spin].

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: July 21, 2011, 12:12:16 PM
Yeah, the smiley really kinda increases the douchy feel to those absolutely fucktarded responses.

Capcom Euro isn't really making their image look that good with a completely incompetent Twitter guy.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: July 21, 2011, 12:50:01 PM
...These guys are failing the Turing Test.

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: July 21, 2011, 03:31:35 PM
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/07/20/inafune-apologizes-for-the-cancellation-of-mega-man-legends-3/
The decision for the cancellation was out of my sphere, but as someone who took part in the development, I’d like to convey something to the staff: I’m sorry that I couldn’t be of assistance

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.