Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype version officially announced!

Turian · 65765

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: May 20, 2011, 10:55:44 PM
Well seems like they got Inafune's message after all, then.

yeah this is definitely for the best.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #151 on: May 20, 2011, 11:37:11 PM
I'd strenuously disagree if not for OBJECTION MAN's final point.  The issue of cost is comforting, and if someone on board thinks that's what it'll take to get the game greenlit, then by all means.  But in terms of the public relations, I think the delay in time is hurtful rather than helpful.

It's hard to say without knowing what they're "improving" of course, since there's no real means of weighing the benefit.  But I thought the idea here was for us to see what Capcom's greenlight-team saw?  Further, that whole "early adopter" strategy loses its weight the longer Capcom holds off, and they have (or had) the opportunity for a *HUGE* one-up over any competition in the e-Shop.  By and large the consensus is that the 3DS's "launch window" library is lacking, and most every internet-enabled consumer is looking to June 6 for some sense of pre-OoT relief.  Capcom's name is attached to the definite biggest title thus far (DoA Dimensions is the only thing that comes close to challenging it), and L3 was making rounds among general gaming sites as the most well known e-Shop launch title; had they been there for day one of the e-Shop, when NOTHING ELSE OUTSIDE OF THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE SERVICE HAS BEEN HYPED IN THE LEAST, they'd have indisputably ruled it.  It's going to be a missed opportunity if they delay too long.  Further, the fact that they did this a mere 2-1/2 weeks prior to release is an exceptional buzz-kill, which will only get more frustrating the longer they go without giving us something definitive.

Cappy, we've waited a long time, and yes we can wait a little longer (as EXCRUCIATINGLY PAINFUL as it may be...).  I'm not sure that the rest of the world will, though, so hop to it.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: July 07, 2011, 05:56:48 AM
gonna bring this back-

They have chosen the winning mascot for the Bright Bats.

Tinker the ferret.

Tinker is a mischievous little ferret that the Bright Bats found while exploring ancient ruins, where Tinker had accidentally wandered inside out of his own curious nature.  When he was found, he seemed like a normal ferret except for a strange belt with a reaverbot eye around his waist.  Oddly enough, Tinker seems very protective of it when people even try to touch it.  When the Bright Bats took him in, they couldn’t think of a name for him until Barret noticed the curious ferret would observe Grill as he made his inventions, one day seeing him try to create something himself out of the junk Pic had collected.  Barret came up with the name Tinker due to the way he would play with the parts and his curiosity
http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2011/07/winning-bright-bats-mascot-announced.html
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/07/05/the-bright-bats-chose-tinker-as-their-mascot/

kind of odd the mascot isnt, yknow, a BAT, but it looks cute either way. We'll see what the redesign looks like.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Archer

Reply #153 on: July 07, 2011, 07:11:20 AM
Nice Batman symbol there.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:15 PM
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/07/07/dash-3-vanishes-from-coj-front-page/

I don't want to say CALLED IT, but...

DELICIOUS TEARS. And so on, as they say.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:09 PM
Noone said it got cancelled...yet.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: July 07, 2011, 01:08:03 PM
You didn't have to be such a dick about it, learn to read the comments first before you make such rash posts.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: July 07, 2011, 02:12:26 PM
You didn't have to be such a dick about it

Yes I did.

Tieria was no longer a jerk in S2, and the future needs jerks too. So Setsuna has to fill in. (Because Prince Ali was too awesome to be a jerk)

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: July 07, 2011, 02:34:03 PM
Tieria was no longer a jerk in S2, and the future needs jerks too. So Setsuna has to fill in. (Because Prince Ali was too awesome to be a jerk)
I'm pretty sure you're retarded or something.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: July 07, 2011, 02:43:22 PM
I'm pretty sure you're retarded or something.
I've only been saying this for the past.... years.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: July 07, 2011, 02:49:50 PM
I've only been saying this for the past.... years.

I think you were gone during that specific time.

Anyway, everyone chill out.
Nothing is confirmed or denied.

Waiting for an official statement on that matter is still early enough to be a dick or to be relieved.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: July 07, 2011, 02:58:01 PM
Well I was probably remembering a good chunk of the user base here as being retarded during that time..

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #162 on: July 19, 2011, 03:23:38 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #163 on: July 19, 2011, 03:24:35 AM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom

First MegaMan Universe. Now this. I knew it was going to happen eventually, right after Keiji Inafune's departure with Capcom. :P

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: July 19, 2011, 03:25:06 AM
We'd like to thank you for your ongoing loyal support of Mega Man Legends 3. Today, however, we must regrettably announce the discontinuation of this project.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: July 19, 2011, 03:45:22 AM
Called it from a mile away after it was pulled.

That's cool. It just means Capcom will never see my support financially again.

(puts on pirate hat and eye patch)

'Tis a good time, y'arr.

Also, I no longer have a reason to keep a 3DS. Selling that [tornado fang]er.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: July 19, 2011, 03:51:05 AM
Yeah, Capcom can pretty much go [tornado fang] themselves now.  I'm never buying another one of their games again.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: July 19, 2011, 04:12:04 AM
What the [tornado fang] kind of criteria wasnt met when they prototype wasnt even released? Capcom said they would gauge interest based on the prototype. Only figures they would go back on their word and can it outright.

"nothing to do with Inafune's departure" my ass. This has "revenge move" written all over it.

s'okay though, Capcom will never see another penny from me towards any of their games either.

[tornado fang] you Capcom. [tornado fang] you.

R.I.P. Mega Man

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: July 19, 2011, 04:16:07 AM
I'll be completely honest. This was a little unexpected for me. I mean, they had TONS of support with this thing and they seemed to have genuine fun with developing it. For that moment, i had hope that this could actually come to fruition. At the VERY least, they still could've released the goddamn Prototype as a "memento" of sorts for the DASH franchise. But no, the higher ups at Capcom are money-grubbing whores who thought, "DERP THIS WONT MEAK MUNNY". Evidently toying with the fans from the very beginning.

And [tornado fang], the Prototype was supposed to be the deciding factor of green lighting this game. I'll be damned if they announce a MM11 or some [parasitic bomb] soon after. Go ahead Capcom, you know you want to milk it some more.

Also, I no longer have a reason to keep a 3DS. Selling that [tornado fang]er.

I would say to hold onto it atleast 'till early 2012 if anything worthwhile is announced, but whatever, it's your money.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: July 19, 2011, 04:21:26 AM
What a way to ruin a guy's day.

What do we even have to look forward to now? The only thing right now is hoping X gets added to MvC3, and THAT'S IT. I could've never imagined that the future of the Mega Man franchise of all things would ever be so uncertain.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:10 AM
I suggest making a News & Announcement post about this, so the word is out there. Thus becoming the "[sonic slicer] about Capcom" thread, close cousin of the "[sonic slicer] about Sonic" thread. :P

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: July 19, 2011, 05:38:35 AM
Well, the one reason I had for getting a 3DS is gone.

Thanks a ton capcom, you saved me money but you cost yourself a guaranteed sale of MML3.

But you don't care. Go [tornado fang] yourselves, there hasn't been a Megaman game for a few years that hasn't been 8-bit "LOLRETRO" or Starforce and the ONE CHANCE WE HAVE OF SOMETHING DIFFERENT IS GONE.

SMOOTH MOVES.

Offline Sigma Zero X

• Cool Mirage Diver
  • Robot Master
  • "Here We Go!"
    • View Profile
    • Sigma Zero X's Mega Man X Videos
Reply #172 on: July 19, 2011, 05:48:30 AM
If Botos or Cinnamon were to put into words what just happened, they would say this (and something that I would probably say too):

"Oh No!"

I had a feeling this would happen, but not this soon. 

"Well.  This is just delightful!" - Marino, from Mega Man X Command Mission

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #173 on: July 19, 2011, 07:49:31 AM
Vixy. Would it be any difficult for you to change the text about MM Legends 3 at the top on the front page?
Now that it's cancelled, it probably would be a bit mis-leading at this point. :-/

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: July 19, 2011, 07:56:28 AM
Can't you see it. Capcom is just testing the Megaman fans. Now that they see how they behave they will be all like :"Lol, U GAIZ no deserve gamez you want. "