Skullgirls = Fighting game PLUS Boobs MINUS Infinites (You heard me right)

ViperAcidZX · 85375

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #200 on: April 29, 2015, 08:46:54 PM
Lab Zero Games has unveiled the new features that will be added to the PlayStation 4 and Vita edition of Skullgirls.

Quote from: Ravidrath
  • Fully-voiced Story Mode
Responding to fan demand, the story modes for Skullgirls 2nd Encore will be fully voiced! Featuring some of anime’s best and brightest, the new voices bring Skullgirls’ deep characters and lore to life.

• Challenges
In challenges, players square off against opponents with a variety of unique battle conditions to test their mettle. Can you beat Big Band without jumping? Or defeat triple Doubles?

• Trials
Trials test players’ skills by having them to perform combos. Trials are built on a new button-by-button instructional system to make learning combos easier and more intuitive than ever. Furthermore, unlike many fighting game trials, Skullgirls 2nd Encore’s trials include combos frequently used in real play, from basic bread ‘n butter to more advanced combos.

• Survival Mode
Skullgirls 2nd Encore’s new Survival Mode pits players against an endless procession of foes – how long can you last? The better you do, the more health you’ll recover between rounds. The longer you last, the harder your foes will become.

• Full Platinum Trophy Set
For all the trophy hunters out there, Skullgirls 2nd Encore will have a full Platinum trophy set. The 43 trophies will test players’ mastery of Skullgirls and the new content. Many of the previous trophies are returning, while others have been adjusted based on player feedback.

• Cross-Play Across the Entire PlayStation Family
To keep the online community from fragmenting, Skullgirls 2nd Encore supports cross-play across all three PlayStation platforms: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita!

• PlayStation 4 Version: PlayStation 3 Peripheral Support
Skullgirls 2nd Encore will support PlayStation 3 fight sticks on the PlayStation 4, thanks to the excellent work of our friend John “Cowboy” Bellomy. Just plug in your old stick and play!

Lab Zero Games has also mentioned it's slated for a mid-2015 release exclusive to PS4/Vita although they also mentioned they're are looking into possibly bringing 2nd Encore's content to the PC version. As for the voice cast for the fully-voiced Story Mode, here's the rundown (outside of the main/playable characters):

[spoiler=Voice Cast for 2nd Encore]Skull Heart: Cassandra Lee & Cristina Valenzuela
Mrs Victoria: Wendee Lee
Annie: Erica Mendez
Zane: Matt Mercer
Minette: Cassandra Lee
Umbrella: Cassandra Lee
Black Dahlia: Wendee Lee
Brain Drain: Kaiji Tang
Venus: Lauren Landa
Aeon: Cristina Vee
Yu-Wan: Kaiji Tang
Molly: Cassandra Lee
Adam: Christopher Smith
Ileum: Laura Post
Stanley: Christopher Smith
Avery: Christine Marie Cabanos
Tommy Ten-Tons: Mike Zaimont
Andy Anvil: Kaiji Tang
Hive: Erin Fitzgerald
Feng: Kira Buckland
Dr. Avian: Liam O’Brien
Leduc: Kyle Hebert
Riccardo: Kyle Hebert
Vitale: Kyle Hebert
Lorenzo: Mike Zaimont
Lawrence: Kaiji Tang
Irvin: Kyle Hebert
Selene Contiello: Erin Fitzgerald
Roberto Contiello: Kyle Hebert
Sister Agatha: Cristina Vee
Grendel: Kaiji Tang
[/spoiler]

Sources: http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/skullgirls-2nd-encore-challenges-trials-voiced-story-mode-and-more.7275/
http://skullgirls.com/2015/04/skullgirls-2nd-encores-new-features/

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
That's awesome! ^_^

...Uh, question? Does that mean I have to re-buy the game again for the PS4 if I already got the PS3 version bought?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
They did say exclusive to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, so unless Autumn or Lab Zero can vouch for PlayStation 3 owners of the game like they did with getting them Skullgirls: Encore for owning the original version, chances are that seems to be case. Add another $400/200 if to 2nd Encore's asking price if you didn't already have a PlayStation 4 or Vita, or if they can't get 2nd Encore on PC.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
They did say exclusive to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, so unless Autumn or Lab Zero can vouch for PlayStation 3 owners of the game like they did with getting them Skullgirls: Encore for owning the original version, chances are that seems to be case. Add another $400/200 if to 2nd Encore's asking price if you didn't already have a PlayStation 4 or Vita, or if they can't get 2nd Encore on PC.

Well I'm a Backer to Skullgirls so I should get the 2nd Encore for the PC version. I guess I can re-buy it again for the PS4. They deserved it after everything they've been through.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Same here on PC. I wouldn't mind if it was DLC for the PC version to help them out. I'll throw in even more for a Dorothy Wayneright and HK-47 palette for Robo Fortune if I could.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Looking to try out Skullgirls out on your PC? For limited time, you can play for FREE throughout this week, and if you like the game, you can purchase Skullgirls plus all of its DLCs (aside from Beowulf since he's still free at the moment) 80% off on Steam. In other news, them juicy voice packs are soon coming to the Endless Beta.

[youtube]youtu.be/L7GGiDvT3b4[/youtube]
Full story: http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/5-29-salty-voice-pack-mania.7527/

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
For all the Mac and Linux users out there: your prayers has finally been answered. Skullgirls is finally available for Mac and Linux/Steam OS. Furthermore, Skullgirls is up for grabs on the Humble Indie Bundle 15 if you the beat average of $6.83 on Steam and in DRM-free form with all DLCs available included (if only I can buy it for the latter). The Skullgirls team has also confirmed on twitter that the content from the PlayStation 4 and Vita versions of 2nd Encore is coming to Steam but we probably won't be seeing that happening for a while as Lab Zero is busy working on their latest project, Indivisible. Speaking of Indivisible, its Indiegogo campaign starts next Monday, October 5th, with a chance to get access to a prototype build to test drive the game.

Full story: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/skullgirls-releases-on-mac-linux-available-via-humble-bundle.8235/
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/indivisible-indiegogo-will-arrive-monday.8238/

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
That means the rest of us have to wait until Lab Zero games is finished with Indivisible. Argh! >8| o//////o

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well they did say "some" work needs to be cleared out the way for Indivisible, so hopefully in a month or two Lab Zero will try to work on getting the PS4/Vita content for Skullgirls out on PC while trying to work on developing Indivisible.