Skullgirls = Fighting game PLUS Boobs MINUS Infinites (You heard me right)

ViperAcidZX · 85653

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Hey guys! For those of you who missed the event to contribute and get the nifty prizes from Lab Zero Games, they’ve got you covered! They’ve resumed sales of the all-digital tiers through the Humble Store, which you can find here:

http://labzerogames.com/wordpress/store/

So if there's something you wanted from the fundraiser now's your chance!

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Hopefully I can get the Backer package for Christmas but I doubt that'll happen for me. Good to know they're giving people a chance to support them again.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Well I think it's more about getting the prizes instead of adding funds to them to help with their project. Well hopefully everyone is happy with this.

Posted on: May 04, 2013, 04:03:59 AM
The second Mystery DLC Character Poll has started! And due to the voter's suggestion it will be a Rank-Base system and each round will last for about 3 days next so the second character poll will last 9 days as oppose to 4 weeks like the first character poll.

I picked these 4 as my top characters for the votes:
1. Minette
2. Marie
3. Umbrella
4. Samson

I hope Minette gets in this time! Hopefully everything will go smoothly!

Posted on: May 06, 2013, 11:43:24 PM
They didn't post a list of who won for the Round 2, but there's a list of the eliminated characters from the first round:

Ms. Victoria
Leduc
Adam
Hubrecht
Andy
Hive
Ottomo
Samson
Yu Wan
Regina

I'm a little sad that Yu Wan didn't win since I voted for him, but I don't think he would've made it to Round 3 anyway.

So out of the 30 characters these are the first 10 to be knocked out and excluding Eliza the remaining characters from the Character List remains.

Once again I've voted for Minette, Marie, and Umbrella in that order with Aeon and Issac as my fourth and fifth character. Just another few days until the third and final round of the Character Poll!

And they asked questions what would you like see done to the series?

I voted for a Story Mode Editor (how cool will that be?), a World Tour as an RPG Mode, and I can't remember what I picked for third out of the Score Challenge Mode, Canonical Story Mode, and a few other options as well.

Then I picked for an Original Animated Video, Comics, and a Trading Card Game as well for the next set.

Well I look forward to Round 3... please be there Minette!

Posted on: May 10, 2013, 09:31:31 PM
Here it is! The final round of the second Character Poll and these are all of the final 10 contestants of Round 3 of the Character Poll:

Panzerfaust
Beowulf
Isaac
Stanley
Feng
Black Dahlia
Venus
Aeon
Minette
Annie

Only one of these characters will be made into DLC and have their own Stage and Story mode added onto them later! For those who can vote this is your final chance to vote for your favorite character!

Here is my vote ranks for the characters:

1. Minette
2. Aeon
3. Isaac
4. Feng
5. Beowulf
6. Stanley
7. Venus
8. Annie
9. Black Dahlia
10. Panzerfaust

Let's go Team Minette! Let's bring her into the game as a playable character!

The winner will be revealed on Thursday and I will let everyone know when I can! I wonder who will win?

Posted on: May 13, 2013, 02:58:11 PM
The winner of the Second Mystery Character Poll has been decided! IT IS...

BEOWULF!

That's the second male character to get into the game and unlike the cast he is a normal human being with wrestling moves. Well it's nice to see another male in the game... now I'm going to go off into the corner and cry that Minette didn't get in. T_T

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
At least we got a badass normal amongst the Lovecraftian cast.
Can I cry in that corner with you? ;_;

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
At least we got a badass normal amongst the Lovecraftian cast.
Can I cry in that corner with you? ;_;

Well... let's see how Beowulf's story plays out.

And... yes, you can come to the corner with me as well.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
When's Annie?

I'm just making this post to catch up on time since my last RPM visit, but damn I still wanted my loli Dante. She had goddamned Precure Trigger!

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
lol Annie's more like Sol Badguy than Dante.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: May 25, 2013, 05:38:42 AM
For 360 owners: did you get 7MB update message upon starting up the game? This happened to just now and when I ran the game, I got this message saying "addition content is required for online play" or something like that. So I went to the downloads section where you get your DLCs under the game's page on Xbox LIVE, there I found a "Req. System Update" DLC that is roughly 280MB in size. I have no idea what this fixes, but Lab Zero must of work something out with Micro$oft TV to get the patch out (or part of it).

-EDIT-
The patch was released about a week ago.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:43:55 AM by ViperAcidZX »

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Man, I wish there was a higher skill level in the 360's online, I really need that EVO practice...

When's Annie?

I'm just making this post to catch up on time since my last RPM visit, but damn I still wanted my loli Dante. She had goddamned Precure Trigger!

Hey whose main team in the first round made it so she didn't make it into the game huh? :I

You got your blood godess, now suffer the consequences of it. I wanted #TeamStarwulf but Eliza won but there was no way this wasn't ending with one girl and one guy.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
There seems to be a livestream at Twitch going on at the moment by Lab Zero doing some artworks in Photoshop. Thankfully I can watch it.

Posted on: May 27, 2013, 11:07:38 PM
If you're one of the "Backer" contributors of the Skullgirls IndieGoGo fundraiser, you can now access the beta for Skullgirls PC version. Squigly included.

Posted on: July 06, 2013, 04:16:01 PM
PC release date: August 22, 2013

Pre-order gets you access to the beta build of the game.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I already got the PC version of Skullgirls thankfully. Though...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/09/konami-remove-skullgirls-xbox-live-playstation-network/

Yeah, it sucks and I'm wondering why they would do this. I've been looking forward to playing as Squiggly for a long time now and seeing her Story on my PS3. :<

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Yeah, it sucks and I'm wondering why they would do this.

Its pretty obvious if you read the article, Konami's been less than friendly with getting patches online so the guys in charge of the game are getting a new Publisher.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Its pretty obvious if you read the article, Konami's been less than friendly with getting patches online so the guys in charge of the game are getting a new Publisher.
Chris is dumb, Clefi.
Of course he didn't read that.

That is to say, Konami must be a huge dick.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Jeez, Lab Zero has the worst the luck as indie game developera, don't they? First they got laid off by their former company, then got hit with a stupid lawsuit that didn't concern them by a mile, now this. This better not mean I have to pay full price for the game again on XBLA. At this rate for me it's PC or bust (boobs puns not intented).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Jeez, Lab Zero has the worst the luck as indie game developera, don't they? First they got laid off by their former company, then got hit with a stupid lawsuit that didn't concern them by a mile, now this. This better not mean I have to pay full price for the game again on XBLA. At this rate for me it's PC or bust (boobs puns not intented).

I don't think that would be the case, well to be fair they only mention the PS3 version when saying you shouldn't have to rebuy, but yeah you should probably just get the PC version to be safe/support the devs.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Finally some good news for the Xbox 360 side. The TL;DR version: you don't have to re-purchase the game again on XBLA if you already own it, and the game will be re-branded as Skullgirls: Encore by the end of January 2014 due to the holiday season; color palette and Squigly DLC be free for a limited (and unspecified) time to make up for the inconvenience, so get them ASAP once they're out.

Well that solves my "being left out of free Squigly on PC" problem though Ill buy her once I get the Steam version.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Now Skullgirls can continue without the scrutiny of Komami.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Skullgirls, now powered by your keyboard.

Posted on: December 28, 2013, 02:41:58 PM
Some interesting new development: Mike Z is updating Skullgirls to help make the game accessible for the blind.

Posted on: February 01, 2014, 08:03:48 PM
Well Skullgirls: Encore came out about a week ago on PSN (Xbox 360 owners will have to wait unfortunately), and for those of you that got the original Skullgirls and the voucher for Encore, that's good. For those that didn't, sadly Sony won't be providing them anymore. However, Lab Zero has got your back.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Sony doesn't know how to do business properly. Let's hope the same thing doesn't happen to Microsoft's copy of Skullgirls Encore once it is released.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: April 02, 2014, 12:22:09 AM

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The patch (plus Squigly and Big Band) has finally dropped for the Xbox 360 version. In case any has problems running Skullgirls: Encore on their Xbox, delete all of the old patches off your hard drive and re-install the new (860-something MB) patch. The palette pack DLC should hopefully arrive on Xbox LIVE next Tuesday.
I may as well get the PC version since I can't play online anymore.

Even better news for the PlayStation 3 crowd: Skullgirls: Encore will be free for PS+ subscribers throughout May.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: September 28, 2014, 08:03:01 PM
Quote from: Cellsai @ Skullheart
The wait is almost over! Eliza will be releasing on NA PS3 and Worldwide PC via Steam next week on September 30! She'll be releasing the following day, October 1 on EU PSN.

As with all characters funded by the IndieGoGo campaign, Eliza will be free for three months from the day she releases on each respective platform. If you do not download her in that 3 month window her price will be increased to $5.00. However, if you did download her for free you will never have to pay for her.

In addition to Eliza's impending release, Lab Zero just confirmed that the long awaited PSN avatars will finally be released on the US PSN next week too! There'll be ten designs, all of which are a mystery until that date. There is no word on avatars for any other regions yet.

Now what about the Xbox 360 crowd? Well apparently Eliza was leaked onto Xbox LIVE in an unplayable form somehow and was quickly taken down, so we'll have to wait longer unfortunately to play as the undead diva, but the team said they'll let the community know when patch gets approved. Here's a taste of Eliza in action.

Eliza: Work-In-Progress Overview

For those curious about the voice of Eliza, her skeletal parasite Sekhmet, and her two Egyptian bodyguards Albus and Horace: Eliza is a played by Rita Mordio, Sekhmet is played by Faye Valentine, Albus is played by Lucario, and Horace is played by Garterbelt. Word is that her story mode is "the biggest and deepest yet."

It's nice to see some sideboob Cerebella without Vice-Versa on her head.

Also, some concepts of Beowulf's moves (old), and a Gundam-colored Robo-Fortune?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: March 16, 2015, 09:59:21 PM
After ten years of tentative planing, Skullgirls is going to have its very own train stage (it's still a work-in-progress, though). Featured in Salty! last week, the guys and gals of Lab Zero has given us a taste of the fighting on top of speeding locomotive blazing through New Meridian. The ride doesn't end there as Real Soviet Announcer, done by yours truly, Mike Z, has been implemented in the game.

Salty! March 13 Enter the Hype Train
(Salty! Stream Archive)

Sauce: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/3-13-salty-a-new-stage-arrives-at-station.6974/

-EDIT-
BONUS-KUN FROM WAKU WAKU 7 IN THE BACKGROUND?! AWESOME!