Rin · 95106

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: August 07, 2011, 09:47:58 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKwNWYowwY[/youtube]

Ugh, jumping over the Blue goo dispensers early on, taking forever to rev a spindash, being all around over-cautious, failing to slide as Modern Sonic, Chickening out during the truck attack, missing the jump on the skateboard, this guy really sucks at Sonic.

Also, they better have made the goddamn skydiving better than it was in Unleashed.

ON THE PLUS SIDE, Modern Sonic goes underwater in the 2D segment, much better than it being a shallow pool of death.

And welcome back to the red rings, your appearance is more than unwanted.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: August 08, 2011, 12:35:28 AM
What is with the hate for the red rings? I don't mind them at all. I think other games had far more annoying ways of getting Chaos Emeralds.

And guys from some game site demoing an unreleased game and sucking horribly, what else is new?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: August 08, 2011, 02:19:25 AM
What is with the hate for the red rings? I don't mind them at all. I think other games had far more annoying ways of getting Chaos Emeralds.

And guys from some game site demoing an unreleased game and sucking horribly, what else is new?
because by the time we have unlocked Super Sonic we are sick of seeng the damn stages and the novelty wears off quickly since you have seen every nook and cranny of the game more than you would normally want to.

also, if theres one thing I disliked about colors, its how the music drowns out underwater. I understand the effect, but it's annoying. I want to hear the music, not underwter sound. its almost as bad as Sonic Unleashed's werehog battle theme replacing the music every few minutes of gameplay.

also-

In b4 they give it a bad review because they suck at it

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: August 08, 2011, 04:13:03 AM
I'm indifferent with the stage music underwater, but I LOVE the underwater drill theme.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: August 08, 2011, 04:46:13 AM
underwater drill theme was cool, but what the game did was drown out the music as if you really were underwater. which I didnt quite care for

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: August 17, 2011, 03:51:26 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2ODzSbdtc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #281 on: August 17, 2011, 03:54:08 AM
TAILS~!! 0v0

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:18 AM
Woot Tails.

Also, kickass, was that Eggman's Sonic 2 mech?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: August 17, 2011, 04:22:48 AM
Also, kickass, was that Eggman's Sonic 2 mech?

I believe it was. At first, i thought it was a redesigned Eggrobo.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: August 17, 2011, 05:17:16 AM
And with that Ocean Palace/Seaside Hill and Rooftop Run are confirmed to the people who didn't look at the level list.

They look nice, Rooftop run shares way too many similarities to the original from what we can see, Seaside Hill is a lot different looking though, and Chem plant is fancy looking as ever.

Yeah, that looks like S2's EggMech. Guess we know whats going to be a boss.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: August 17, 2011, 05:25:14 AM
Im fully expecting Rooftop run to be completely ripped from Unleashed.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: August 17, 2011, 07:54:43 AM
Im fully expecting Rooftop run to be completely ripped from Unleashed.

They showed some unique parts of it (The area with the swinging blades where Sonic does the homing attack chain wasn't in Unleashed.)

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to rip it from unleashed.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #287 on: August 17, 2011, 02:14:52 PM
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/08/mushroom-hill-zone-revealed-for-sonic-generations-3ds/

3DS

[spoiler=360/PS3]

[/spoiler]

You guys should have seen the (positive) reaction images and the F*** YEAH!'s. XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: August 17, 2011, 02:50:37 PM
...I think i'm going to cry  owo

Well. Looks like it's time for me to buy Sonic Generations on the PS3... and then buy a 3DS and get it for the 3DS as well.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: August 17, 2011, 03:25:26 PM
Only thing i dislike about the 3DS version is that well, there really is little difference. its just Sonic WITH boost, and Sonic without boost. :/

Those images are beautiful though. Im going to bee too busy admiring the scenery to play the game XD

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: August 17, 2011, 09:22:44 PM
3DS pics

Hey, look. It's that version of the game no one cares about.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: August 17, 2011, 09:26:57 PM
aww [tornado fang] no, 3DS gets a S3 AND S&K Level while PS3/360 gets only an S&K Level?

[tornado fang]ing dimps trying to entice people into buying their shitty version.

I don't like how they're putting better stages on the 3DS so far, sure we get sky sanctuary and the like but I kinda wanted Mushroom hill on the PS3/360 version.

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: August 18, 2011, 12:40:02 AM
Sonic Generations will be a great game, but i hope the soundtrack will be on the USA itunes (hopefully not in 3 volumes)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: August 18, 2011, 09:17:42 AM
aww [tornado fang] no, 3DS gets a S3 AND S&K Level while PS3/360 gets only an S&K Level?

I wouldn't get too excited about that.  I just watched a gameplay video of Classic Mushroom Hill and the stage layout is exactly the same as in Sonic & Knuckles.

Dimps is just copy/pasting the Genesis stages and prettying up the graphics.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #294 on: August 19, 2011, 02:38:06 AM
I'll be getting this game for 3DS, for sure, but I really wish we could see Tails playable, instead of the freaking cheerleader that he's been since Rush.

Only thing i dislike about the 3DS version is that well, there really is little difference. its just Sonic WITH boost, and Sonic without boost. :/

Those images are beautiful though. Im going to bee too busy admiring the scenery to play the game XD
Agreed on both points.  Sidescrolling with boost, sidescrolling without boost, pretty pointless.  On the other hand, Mushroom Hill and Launch Base look freaking awesome.

I wouldn't get too excited about that.  I just watched a gameplay video of Classic Mushroom Hill and the stage layout is exactly the same as in Sonic & Knuckles.

Dimps is just copy/pasting the Genesis stages and prettying up the graphics.
Well, seeings how they're making two different sidescrolling modes instead of a sidescrolling/3D selection, it makes sense.

Although, to me, the 3DS approach feels a little more honest.  From the PS3/360 gameplay footage I've seen, Modern Sonic spends half his time sidescrolling anyway, ala Colors.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: August 19, 2011, 03:07:30 AM
I'll be getting this game for 3DS, for sure, but I really wish we could see Tails playable, instead of the freaking cheerleader that he's been since Rush.

I'm really iffy about the 3DS version. So far, all the videos i've seen were glitchy and it looked as if some of the animations were cut off. I saw some gameplay for Mushroom Hill, and the player would "slide" sometimes when he ran up the loop. The physics didn't look too bad, however.

As for Tails, well, i liked how he seemed to have a more independent attitude in Colors. Usually he's a lot more dependent on Sonic whenever something goes wrong. It would be really cool to play as him again, along with Knux. Gliding with him was very useful in S3&K, i hope they bring that back at some point (extremely wishful thinking).

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: August 22, 2011, 05:24:05 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_tRYc-gRcA[/youtube]
Hope the Console version (it better be there) is as awesome sounding.

also, interesting tidbit. the music from the promos and trailers,

is actually a licensed song.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irg25Efj5RU[/youtube]

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: August 22, 2011, 10:08:25 PM
Not surprising.  Sega has used a lot of licensed music for the Sonic games.  Though mostly the ones on the Genesis, strangely enough.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: August 23, 2011, 06:53:21 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_tRYc-gRcA[/youtube]
Hope the Console version (it better be there) is as awesome sounding.

Incredible remix. Sad thing is, the music might be the best part about the 3DS version. I'd be willing to buy it if the gameplay is decent at the very least.

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: August 23, 2011, 06:56:58 PM
I hope that was some kind of super easy mode for that boss because if so they've dummied him down so much =/ Loving the song though :D