Sonic Generations (360, PS3, 3DS) - Holiday 2011

Rin · 95109

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: July 03, 2011, 02:34:09 AM
Fun glitch in the demo I noticed, During the corkscrew at the end of the level, if you charge your spindash you will continue to roll fowards in the spindash revving pose. You start to slow down but you can finish the level in that spindash revving pose, afterwards you just run off.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: July 06, 2011, 04:03:33 PM
So, apparently the demo was hacked a little more and they found the elemental shields from Sonic 3, fully functional.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2011/06/elemental-shields-how-do-they-work/

That's pretty awesome actually.

Yknow, im wondering honestly, if Sega isnt just letting us find this stuff? Including it on purpose? No need to include it in a demo otherwise...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #227 on: July 06, 2011, 04:54:15 PM
It can be quite hard to selectively exclude code and content without breaking everything.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: July 06, 2011, 05:53:51 PM
Depends on how they coded it. The way my current 2D engine is coming out, just about every file completely removable. Just don't reference anything you removed and you're fine. That said, as a hobby dev I have more time to do these things. When you're in a rush you tend to cut lots of corners.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: July 12, 2011, 01:09:47 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87H2lI1o7Rk[/youtube]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:21 AM
Well that makes PB happy! XD

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #232 on: July 14, 2011, 03:36:44 AM
Classic metal looks cuter than ever.  XD

Glad he's getting the proper treatment than being a grunt/steroid overdosed villan than he was in Heroes (he had a grunt role in rivals, yep).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: July 14, 2011, 03:38:57 AM
Okay... one question.
Is it true this [parasitic bomb] is coming to PC? I heard something... but, I dunno.

If it is... then I sure as heck am going to get it... if it's good like Sonic Colors is.

Gaia: I liked Neo-Metal Sonic. : P

But yeah, this pleases me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: July 14, 2011, 05:52:37 AM
ALL LIVING THINGS KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!

I loved Metal as the Heroes villain. It was pretty epic IMO.

Also, damn [tornado fang]ing straight hes in this. A throwback time travel sonic game with classic sonic- and No metal? that would have been [tornado fang]'d up

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: July 14, 2011, 06:33:22 AM
Awesome! Metal Sonic can be lame and crash into a wall in THREE DEE

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: July 15, 2011, 07:01:13 AM
[tornado fang], that looks amazing.

Intresting to know its kinda like a mix of it and Eggmanland, hopefully we get to see more levels blending with other levels in the series.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: July 16, 2011, 09:15:10 PM
I eagerly await the trailer for that. Going by those scans alone, the level design looks much more extreme than City Escape. I love it.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: July 16, 2011, 09:19:28 PM
Oh, so Metal Sonic's bit in the game is a race after all. I didn't think they'd completely ignore CD. Though I'm sure some fans will still [sonic slicer] for an actual Stardust Speedway regardless.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: July 16, 2011, 10:29:12 PM
Well, to be fair, it WOULD be cooler if it was done in Stardust speedway. But im not complaining given they are still giving us a Metal Sonic race regardless.

Wonder how Modern Sonic's will be? I mean, will they even fight the same bosses?

Posted on: July 16, 2011, 02:34:52 PM
Actually, are we certain the race DOESNT take place in stardust speedway..? I mean for one, look at that lamppost. Thats a S.S. lamppost. Unless they somehow meld certain parts in with the plant.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: July 17, 2011, 05:08:22 AM
It is Stardust Speedway Zone. It's a boss-only stage.

For now.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: July 17, 2011, 09:24:28 AM
Sweeeeet

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: July 17, 2011, 11:10:05 AM
well that makes things much better. im guessing they did that due to fan demand for stardust speedway Vs metal Sonic. I wonder if any others will be like that

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/first-screens-of-exclusive-nintendo-3ds-sonic-generations-special-stage-revealed/

but its the 3ds version so nobody cares.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: July 17, 2011, 12:01:40 PM
Influenced heavily by Sonic The Hedgehog 2 from the Sega Genesis

No, thats heroes. Get it right.

Anywho, that looks bleh, I hated Heroes' special stages. Dimps doesn't really seem to care about actual decent special stage mechanics (Unless the full tube is a decoration and its still just half pipe AND when you go to the top you actually fall down if you stay up there too long, THEN MAYBE it could be good.) and instead they only give a crap about WOOO THREE DEE WOWWW! [/rant]

Not like it really matters since I don't have to play that Dimpsonic game.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: July 17, 2011, 12:16:40 PM
I don't know if they did it due to fan demand since it was a pretty iconic race in an of itself. Easily the most memorable part of Sonic CD for most people. The only question is which soundtrack they'll use for the race. Very heated debate right there. But even then, whoever doesn't win shouldn't fret thanks to custom soundtrack support.

The 3DS version is getting buried pretty hard, mainly because it looks like last year's Sonic Colors DS (but not as blocky), looks quite dull (Advance Sonic vs. Rush Sonic), and lastly... because it's on 3DS, which people aren't too keen on right now. To the people who were calling it this generation's Virtual Boy, you may not be too far off from the truth there.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: July 17, 2011, 12:37:07 PM
well considering that the 3DS version will be the same as every handheld DS Sonic before with slight CRAPhic tweaks its not wonder nobody cares

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: July 17, 2011, 06:01:32 PM
To be fair? I had a double take on that screenshot because at first glance i thought it WAS Stardust Speedway. 

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #248 on: July 17, 2011, 07:46:08 PM
(Advance Sonic vs. Rush Sonic)
That's the part that bugs me.  It's one thing to take sidescrolling versus sorta-kinda-3D (the Colors mentality tends to shift to sidescrolling ANYWAY, and I see Generations makes heavy use of that), it's quite another to just take sidescrolling with or without a boost gauge.

*sighs*  I miss Tails...

To the people who were calling it this generation's Virtual Boy, you may not be too far off from the truth there.
No, I'd say it's this generation's DS.
Seriously, the original DS wasn't really that popular; the Lite was when it took off.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: July 18, 2011, 05:44:49 AM
I don't know if they did it due to fan demand since it was a pretty iconic race in an of itself. Easily the most memorable part of Sonic CD for most people. The only question is which soundtrack they'll use for the race. Very heated debate right there. But even then, whoever doesn't win shouldn't fret thanks to custom soundtrack support.

I like both the US & Japan version, so I'm good either way!