Turner & Hooch

BossPlaya · 1041

Offline BossPlaya

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: April 01, 2011, 04:36:54 AM
I'm 24, and I still enjoy watching this film whenever I do watch it. I first saw it sometime in the 90's.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Scott Turner (Tom Hanks), an obsessively neat police investigator, acquires Hooch (Beasley the Dog), a large and slobbery Dogue de Bordeaux, after the murder of Amos Reed (John McIntire), a local junk-yard owner who was a friend. Turner is bored with little police work in the fictional town of Cypress Beach, California and is set to transfer to a better job in Sacramento while fellow investigator David Sutton (Reginald VelJohnson) is to be his replacement.
Turner pleads with police chief Howard Hyde (Craig T. Nelson) to let him take on Amos' murder case. Believing that Hooch is the only "witness" he has, Turner brings him home. The energetic dog promptly destroys Turner's house, his car, and turns his life upside-down. On a positive note, however, Hooch also instigates a romance between Turner and the new town veterinarian Emily Carson (Mare Winningham).

My favorite parts are where the dog is outside and won't stop barking when Tom Hanks is trying to sleep, and the part where the dog destroys the house while he's at the store and then he comes back and sees everything and finds him in the bedroom and he hits him with a pillow, and the dog starts pulling on the other end of the pillow and it rips, and he goes to get his gun and then you hear glass breaking, and then he walks to the door and we see that the dog jumped through it and he lifts up the blind and says "DO NOT COME BACK!". Here's the latter of the two scenes:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIYB7Bj2npk[/youtube]