Anyone good with graphics here? Need help with something for a blog.

Jericho · 2418

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Just as the title says honestly. I'm starting up a bit of an endeavor after putting it off for waaay too long now. I'm making a blog dedicated to housing some game design concepts and my musings in general. While there's nothing too lofty about the things I have going right now, I'd like to be able to present them in a manner that could lead to bigger things when I start putting things in motion. That all said, anyone here familiar with putting together a good web design or frequently works on setting up and maintaining a blog? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Actually, I'd love to hear what everyone thinks works best when it comes to websites in general. So RPM, think you can help Jelly out with this? :)

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Hmm, so an art blog then? I think if you want to do that, then clean and clear is your best bet~

A good website works on all resolutions. It doesn't have to be fluid, but you can't only target people with the same screen size as you. The design also needs to be clear. People need to know immediately where to find things, and it shouldn't be a really heavy load. (Unless you're making a game flash website)

Incidentally, most artblogs I know (Professional and whatnot) are on blogspot. Though, if you're actually looking for more of a portfolio type page, I think you can still use the blogspot system...Not sure, but Wordpress definitely allows for a portfolio webpage with a blog as well.

Are you going to use blogspot or would you buy your own webhosting?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Sorry Jerry. Can't help you.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
If you're starting a blog, http://wordpress.org/ is the way to go.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Sorry that I didn't respond to this before, but thanks for all the suggestions so far. I'm not exactly 100% on a lot of the things regarding this blog, but I know the main things I want to focus on with it are showcasing my concept work (mostly design documents) and the occasional exchange of ideas/thoughts that might be on my mind. It's a bit more casual for now so I'm not looking to overload the little page I make with things. At the same time, I'm looking for flexibility and ease of use (in terms of both putting up posts/information) and having it read and seen easily.

I'm still researching on my end and taking a look at all ends to see what would most work with my ideas. I'll be looking into WordPress though, thanks Seran.

Offline Cpie

• Master Artist as well
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
...you could've asked me lol
check your mail.