Can someone explain something to me?

Sub Tank · 17756

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 05:20:32 PM
A question thats been puzzling me.  For quite some time now.

At some point, robots have a law that grants them, more human emotions, more human like traits...

Are these traits computer programmed or were they taught by humans?

I ask, because it could make a great story plot for a new Zero or ZX game.  Get into more specifics about that robot law, if possible.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 07:05:15 PM
There's no law that grants robots more human emotions and human traits. They've had those abilities for centuries before ZX's equality laws even come about.

The content of the equality laws are as follows:

"After years of constant battle between humans and Reploids, both sides - seeking peace and equality - reached an accord. They agreed to pass a  law granting humans the same strength as the Reploids' mechanical bodies, and granting Reploids human mortality."

-"According to established law in aiming toward true equality for humans and Reploids, it's come to be in this era that humans are given a "machine body." Humans that reach a certain degree of age, they are given machine body similar to a Reploid's, and a portion of the flesh body, or all of it, can be exchanged to machine (the natural flesh body exchanged for machine is deposited at facilities in the country). Also, humans that have been given machine bodies are given a colation ID - a Hu Number (Hu meaning Human) - to indicate their flesh body's retention."

All these laws give to Repliroids is mortality, a lifespan, by use of a "life activity timer" that is activated the moment the electronic brain is.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 07:15:32 PM
"I did not murder him!"

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 04:02:16 AM
"I did not murder him!"
dont you just love i Robot. that movie was the best thing ever.
also, that means that theres a warehouse somewhere that has arms legs heads and full bodies or parts of them just stored like frozen beef?
ew...
so... what... if someone want the part or body back, can they get it back?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 04:42:53 AM
ZAN. how do reploids poop? D:

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 04:44:01 AM
energy pellets? 8D
Oh Dear... whatever happened to that thread about Megaman eating robot poop?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 04:47:15 AM
It went to the big forum section in the sky. :[

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 04:57:00 AM
Neeeeeee~ Vixy sama... could you bring that thread back? it was too good...
Plus its relevant.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 07:39:52 AM
Such a kawaii morning.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 04:46:59 PM
ZAN. how do reploids poop? D:

Any given way they're designed to be.

so... what... if someone want the part or body back, can they get it back?

Well, there are reasons why they stored the originals, so yes.

Offline Flok

• Passionate Gamer
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Killsringman
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 06:04:34 PM
It's an interesting twist on immortality, don't you think? But it's also an interesting and very creepy punishment for the old man.

Flok's favorites:

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 03:47:42 AM
Yeah, I have a question as well. How in the living hell is giving a guy immortality thought of as a proper punishment for nearly making all living things on a planet extinct? Does no one at that time believe in human Capital Punishment? Only blowing up machines? Or just toss him in a volcano? Or maybe---just maybe, whoever's left on the planet to give him one kick to the groin each?

And if they really wanted to punish him, they'd make him watch BloodRaine the movie. But that's just me and I'm wondering how that was thought of as a good idea?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 05:10:43 AM
seriously. I mean, what if he didnt mind being immortal? its clearly given him time to create a comeback strategy, and If Vile has shown us anything, its that its not all that punishment that bothers him, simply the fact that he was expelled from NA. he just hates the fact that he lost while the word "justice" was spouted like water on a thirsty plant. he doesnt seem to care that he was exiled to a barren wasteland, or that hes immortal. its made him loony, sure, but he doesnt seem to care about that.
also, are the people so stupid that they dont think he might come back with a vengance one day? or do they figure hell just take the whipping like a good little boy?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 05:49:54 AM
Yeah, I have a question as well. How in the living hell is giving a guy immortality thought of as a proper punishment for nearly making all living things on a planet extinct? Does no one at that time believe in human Capital Punishment? Only blowing up machines? Or just toss him in a volcano? Or maybe---just maybe, whoever's left on the planet to give him one kick to the groin each?

And if they really wanted to punish him, they'd make him watch BloodRaine the movie. But that's just me and I'm wondering how that was thought of as a good idea?

Technically, it can be worse than death.  If you make someone immortal, and say, bury them alive or something like that, it's consider torture.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 05:59:34 PM

This explanation wasn't adequate?

Death is not a punishment for those with one foot in the grave already! He's old, he's dying, he can't be imprisoned for long, torture will be equally as short. He'll take the easy way out and croak because of his old age before justice can be served. For the ultimate sin, a punishment worse than death was used.. They gave him eternal torture, plain and simple. Eternal pain by his body endlessly dying and reviving in never ending repetition. The average person under those conditions would have been reduced to having the mental capacities of a plant in no time. The fact that he still holds onto a sharp mind is simply a testament to Dr. Vile's remarkable strong will that's hellbent on revenge.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 06:05:28 PM
Also, the human mind (and Weil's mind is indeed of human nature) is only made for a limited lifespan. You know that some people go really weird and crazy the older they grow?

Now imagine there was no limit to that.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 12:22:31 AM
an OD cranky grandpa. 8D
also, I still think he was underestimated when he was punished. and the fact that Neo Arcadia preffered to erase all records of the elf wars instead of keeping them to prevent any similar thing, just added to his easy return, as nobody exept the high ranking Govt officials really knew who he was at all. like Harpuia.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 10:42:56 PM
Weil got his chance after Copy X was defeated. Copy X MK2 was Weil´s ticket for revenge....in other words...It´s all Zero´s fault  :o

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 02:19:14 AM
*insert Gutsmans ass and DADUMMM!*
yeah. he abused CX2's naiveness and pretty much made it, you owe me, just cancel my exile, kthnx. and CX2, was like, HMMM... HE HAS A POINT. ALRIGHT!

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 15, 2009, 02:31:02 AM
Did anyone else find the punishment that Neo Arcadia gave Weil kinda stupid?

Okay I understand that the humans wanted him to suffer forever after all the lives he killed and that he was going to die anyway because he was so old and all that stuff...but giving a evil mad scientist who caused mass genocide to both the human and reploid species and can also revive reploids immortality, what are they thinking? 

I mean seriously how can they not expect what would happen later especially when Omega was just in space I mean Weil could of just build a space ship to get him back.  By the way why was Omega only sent to space anyway was it because his body couldn't be destroyed or something with the maverick virus?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 02:41:53 AM
Maybe those books I keep seeing mentioned but keep forgetting about touch upon some answers to your questions, but otherwise in-game I don't think they actually go into details about them. I, too, agree that giving an insane old S.O.B. technical immortality, even if it's to torture him forever in the abyss of space, was not a generally good idea in hindsight.

Maybe the original X himself decreed the punishment while he was still "around," wishing to be merciful but failed to realize what might happen later on, or maybe the people in charge then were just not thinking right. I also wonder about Omega, but maybe they didn't wish to destroy Zero's original body or something?  :\

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 03:39:48 AM
read Zan's post. they simply underestimated his grip on his mind. they expected he would suffer and eventually like Zan said, be reduced to a broken babbeling plant, but didnt expect him to actually pull through. and Omega... X by that point was sick and damn tired of death and destruction, and just  avoided having Omega retired. probably moreso because it was his friends body inside, and didnt want to destroy it, even if Zero himself was no longer in possesion of it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 05:02:11 AM
read Zan's post. they simply underestimated his grip on his mind. they expected he would suffer and eventually like Zan said, be reduced to a broken babbeling plant, but didnt expect him to actually pull through. and Omega... X by that point was sick and damn tired of death and destruction, and just  avoided having Omega retired. probably moreso because it was his friends body inside, and didnt want to destroy it, even if Zero himself was no longer in possesion of it.
Oh okay now I get it now.  I still think it was a dumb idea though.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 05:03:00 AM
We ALL think it was a dumb Idea.

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 03:58:54 AM
The average person under those conditions would have been reduced to having the mental capacities of a plant in no time. The fact that he still holds onto a sharp mind is simply a testament to Dr. Vile's remarkable strong will that's hellbent on revenge.

Yeah. Which is why you can never overestimate someone enough. The thing was that yeah, while they wanted him to really feel for what he did, they got greedy in their revenge. The average person would have, but then again, the average person isn't capable enough to cause an entire global shakedown of life. A execution like the "Maverick" he was would have been their best bet.

They just got greedy.