New Thundercats HO

Protoman Blues · 12111

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 10:29:57 PM
Been seeing that Ad quite a few times on Boomerang.

The new Cheetara... DAYUM. :V

I'll have to give this show a watch, seeing as I watched the original when it was on CN/Toonami I might as well give this one a try, might be good.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 08:41:20 AM
Thundercats Ho Ringtone

No seriously, I cannot stress to you all how [tornado fang]ing happy I am that they use the same sound effects as the original Sword of Omens had!  0v0

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 03:00:46 PM
10 more days!!!

I hope to find a stream by then~

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 08:41:38 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukNBlpEpGM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

FOUR MORE DAYS! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  8)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 08:49:24 PM
Wow, both Thundercats and The Legend of Korra look amazing. It's a good time to be a cartoon junkie!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 08:55:56 PM
It looks promising as hell.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 30, 2011, 03:57:06 AM
Alright, just got back from seeing the first episode.

Holy hell, that was an amazing introductory setup for the series. First off, i love the animation used in this. I'm usually not too keen on how Studio 4°C animates their programs, but this felt right. The fights were really cool, ESPECIALLY when the Clerics were dashing on the battlefield at high speeds. During the episode, i felt the pacing was moving faster than i would've liked to go, but by the end it really concluded nicely.

It certainly felt more modern than the original, but not too drastic in the least. None of the voices really stuck with me, besides Clancy Brown's Grune (guy with that single fang). He has always done spectacular voice work, and it really shows if you watch Superman TAS or the Justice League series. The King's voice fell flat however, and didn't imply much authority IMO. Everyone else's was acceptable. I also think it would be really cool if they did a time-skip later on, where Lion-O actually looks like his original character design.

[spoiler=big spoilers]The King dies in the first episode, i think everyone saw that coming. I don't recall if Tygra was a jerk in the original, but i found it annoying. For example, during the games he taunts Lion-O about how he will never be a great leader; how he is always "number 2", then he defends Lion-O in protecting the Lizards and later blames him when their father died. His personality just seemed too inconsistent. A little something to point out.

The best part was no doubt Mumm-Ra's introduction. To be honest, i didn't think they would introduce him this early into the show's lifespan. But i'm damn glad they did. Most, if not everything about him was exactly what i remembered from the original. The hunch, physique and "face". I found it hilarious when he was prepared to transform into Mumm-Ra, The Ever-Living, when the sun came out and burned him before he could. I loved it, but at the same time i wanted to see the transformation and went, "Goddammit, nooooooo!"
[/spoiler]

My memory from the original series is hazy, so i can't compare every detail in this as opposed to, say, PB. But overall, this was an excessively satisfying episode. The wait until Friday will be a painful one.

[spoiler=oh, and one last thing]SNARF DOESN'T TALK! GOD YES!![/spoiler]

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #32 on: July 30, 2011, 05:09:57 AM
well, i hope this work, maybe old fans gonna be happy, and the franchise gonna catch new fans... i hope so

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 06:00:26 AM
Finally watched it. So far, I really like the direction that they are going with it. I'm very happy it's not just a rehash of the original series, cause I can just watch the original series if I wanted to see that.

Honestly, it's very respectful to the original series. For one, they got the original voice of Lion-O to voice his father, which was awesome! (Also got a Thundercats HO from him as well, which was sweeeeeeeet) Will Friedle (Terry McGuiness) did a great job as Lion-O throughout the entire two parter. I really liked the way they handled all the characters, especially Lion-O. In the original series, he had to grow into his role as Lord of the Thundercats, and they are doing that here as well with a different twist, one that I like.

So PB is pleased.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 12:04:27 PM
back from work, time to find a stream!

I hope...

update: okay watched it.  Albeit a little quick paced, it was VERY VERY COOL! w/ a very nice way to setup the 'adventure'.  I look forward to how this series'll develop :)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 05:55:23 PM
Interestlingly enough, the Wily Kids (both kit and kat) on their own adventure here (which would eventually meet up with the rest of the team later on; right now they go on their usual business) And Mum-Ra here definately needs some sunscreen, I see what they did there adding the solar light as one of his glaring weaknesses (I'm glad they kept his one other weakness).

Looks like we wont get to see the third of the mutant trio until later in the series. Snarf here is still comic relief, but often times it's him being at the wrong place at the wrong time, though I still like how he still assists Lion-O in combat. Seeing Thundara's fall in the style of "The Trojan Horse" setup really is an interesting twist, but I would've liked it if I could see Lion-O's mum (and saw the rest of the city other than the Slums). 

Was a good experince overall, but apparently there are some out there that don't "appreciate the anime look". That I don't understand, since graphically it reminded me of Avatar, which in turn reminded me of the DC animated cartoons.  o~O

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 01:06:50 AM
James' review of the original series~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brDmyExbORA[/youtube]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 02:44:01 AM
Now I just noticed.. When the merch comes around, Mum-Ra will no longer be a mail-order exclusive anymore. You can actually obtain him as much as a bad guy from any other toyline. When this Mum-Ra comes around however, the Mum-Ra toy of old will certainly get a value boost (therefore making him a rare collector's item for any Thundercats fan), considerably how goofy-looking the origional toy looked.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 02:28:21 PM
So I watched the first episode:

I like it!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 10:53:52 PM
Watched the 3rd episode. I found the pacing in it to be a little weird, but it was still very enjoyable.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 09:59:25 PM
Episode 4 of the Thundercats was absolutely incredible! Loved loved loved!  8D

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 12:22:34 PM
Just saw it too!!! it was very well told and that END!!!

[spoiler][chameleon sting]ing PANTHRO and the GODDAMN car!!! :V[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 10:41:10 PM
That 7th episode... that intense armored battle... DAT ENDING. Probably the best episode yet!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 04, 2011, 08:04:36 AM
Overall this series has been absolutely excellent.