Amazing A-List Arrangements: MMX Arrange albums arriving anytime?

Jericho · 10860

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
A pair of intriguing pages on VGMdb have been brought to light recently thanks to Cosake's rummaging detailing the existence of two Megaman/Rockman X albums, with both being backed by some serious talent. The first link details the existence of Mega Man XA and features the following guest composers:

- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II, Front Mission, Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana, Kingdom Hearts series, Mario & Luigi series, Xenoblade)
- Yoshino Aoki (Composer & Performer of Roll's Theme, working with Tetsuya Shibata of Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Resident Evil & DMC fame)
- Hitoshi Sakimoto (Tactics Ogre series, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII, GrimGrimoire, Odin Sphere, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Valkryia Chronicles series)
- Manabu Namiki (Bleach: Heat The Soul series, Mushihimesama Futari, Odin Sphere, Trauma Center: Under the Knife, Gradius, Contra & CastleVania "Rebirths")
- Saori Kobayashi (NightS Into DreamS & Panzer Dragoon series)
- Masahiro Ando
- Noriyuki Iwadare (Grandia series, Lunar series, Megaman X7, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations, Radiata Stories)
- Koji Kondo (If I have to tell you what games, you haven't been gaming long enough to care about this album XD)
- Masashi Hamauzu (Front Mission: Gun Hazard, SaGa series, Final Fantasy XIII)
- Tsuneo Imahori (Trigun, Gungrave, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop & Hajime No Ippo anime series)
- Masato Kouda (Wild Arms, Marvel vs Capcom)
- Masaharu Iwata (Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre series, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XII, Soul Calibur IV, GrimGrimoire, Odin Sphere, Muramasa: The Demon Blade)
- Yoko Kanno (WAAAAY too much to note, but specifically Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and cotributions to Wolf's Rain, Record of Lodoss War, Escaflowne series and Porco Rosso)
- Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Xenogears, Xenosaga Episode I, Xenoblade, Mario Party, Inazuma Eleven)
- Miki Higashino (Sudioken I & II; Gradius III, Contra III: The Alien Wars, Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, Vandal Hearts)
- Noriko Matsueda (Front Mission series, Chrono Trigger, Bahamut Lagoon, Tobal No. 1, The Bouncer, Final Fantasy X-2)
- Mari Yamaguchi (Mega Man, Breath of Fire, Ghosts n Ghouls series)

I don't know about you all but that's a godly amount of talent right there. As if that wasn't enough, there's also a separate listing for another album - Mega Man X Metal Arrange with the following contributors listed:

- Setsuo Yamamoto (Street Fighter Alpha, Mega Man series, Final Fight series)
- Makoto Tomozawa (Mega Man/X/Zero/Legends credits, Dino Crisis series, Resident Evil series, P.N.03)
- Yuki Iwai (Street Fighter Alpha series & III series, Ghosts 'n Ghouls series, Musashi: Samurai Legend under the Wavelink Zeal name with Takayuki)
- Yuko Takehara (Mega Man series, Final Fight series, Aladdin, Street Fighter Alpha, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Breath of Fire series)
- Toshihiko Horiyama (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Demon's Crest, Megaman series, Onimusha 2)

So what is this mysterious set of albums about and why is the guest list so impressive? Discuss and froth at the possibilities of what this soundtrack could become. 8)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I so hope this is not a fake.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
I haven't seen anything like this outside of SSBBrawl

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
This seems pretty [tornado fang]ing awesome! I hope it's true.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
I haven't seen anything like this outside of SSBBrawl

I was literally looking through this list thinking this is the SSBB of composer listing myself earlier. XD

I hope to God it's all true.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I hope to God it's all true.

You people seem to speculate about a Smash Brother inspired Mega Man game.

I'd be fine with an arranged album only.

[spoiler]Wouldn't mind a game like that though.[/spoiler]

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if my mind can handle the tracks from Kanno and Mitsuda alone.

The only idea I had is, "what if Kanno chose Web Spider's stage and gave it a total jazz overload?"

I couldn't imagine anymore then that.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
MMX is good and all, but now I want a Capcom all-stars ultra music remaster pack .

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Honestly, I think I'm most in it for the Kanno/Kondo/Hamauzu/Shimomura tracks. I seriously can't wrap my mind around the guest list enough already, but seeing those four get mentioned just made me have a "wat"gasm. XD

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
This could quite possibly be the "Dracula Battle" of the Megaman X series. Call me hyped.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 06:39:12 AM
Um....

As much as I'd love to be all hyped up, too, doesn't the fact that the albums are listed as arranged by Joe Shwebke and Klub Konchadunga raise red flags to ANYONE else? I mean, sure, if it was a fun fake, they obviously forgot to throw Uematsu in the mix to make it seem totally unreasonable. And a lack of Ippo Yamada is curious enough.

But really...am I the only one who sees it's a fan album with credit to the composers whose songs they plan to tackle? And that the XA album isn't necessarily Mega Man-only music?

I mean, look at how Joshua Morse's Megaman 5 album is listed on that site as well. Notice how it's also composed by Mari Yamaguchi? Doesn't mean she did anything for the album in question. Same way for DMC's Megalomania. They're crediting the composers of the original tracks. They are not saying those people are contributing new music/arrangements.

Oh, you guys and your early April Fools pranks. This soooo~ tops last year's, Jer Bear. 8D

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 09:49:58 AM
Bleh, I did the fact checking and still wondered whether or not things were fake, especially after hearing that the Metal Arrange was somewhat legitimate, but yeah, you're right too many red flags came up after getting this double checked in the greater net world.

This is why I hate reporting news sometimes... :/

XD

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 02:57:30 AM
Oh. Well, I still want a capcom all-stars music pack.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 08:01:47 PM
This seems mildly random. Not going to complain if the songs show up, though.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 03:47:31 AM
- Makoto Tomozawa (Mega Man/X/Zero/Legends credits, Dino Crisis series, Resident Evil series, P.N.03)
They can get this awesome composer to do remixes for Mega Man albums, and yet they can't get him to do music for Mega Man Legends 3?

Come on Capcom, get your priorities straight!

Offline Xylifrost

• Cyberelf
  • ground control
    • View Profile
    • Personal hovercrafts for sale in the UK
Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 07:45:23 PM
Well given the Maroon 5 forum hasnt seen a single best for almost a month, Id say its not looking too good.

To see high quality luxury car rental opportunities in Las Vegas look at my private service.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 01:41:54 PM
Little hope on XA being real, but Metal is really likely and you can bet your asses Flame Stag's stage will be on there.