Bad parenting, or "All about shitty parents topic"

OKeijiDragon · 20564

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
on: December 14, 2008, 05:01:26 AM
Meh.

Last month, I was in the library at my college campus using the computers, there was this black dude sitting next to me looking at freaking Usher or something with his 2-3 year old son. The kid keeps asking about his mother and starts complaining, father tells him to shut up "Yo' mama's with yo' outha mama", and then the kid starts whining. He calmly whispers to the kid, "Shut the f**k up, I said shut the f**k up", and then "Want me to pop you in the f**king mouth?", kid get ferocious, slams the keyboard, and then SMAAASH!! Father pops the kids mouth and screams at the kid who, at this point, starts crying very faintly, then outright brawls like a lion. The dad then proceeds to grab him by the arms and heads toward the exit (and as they exited the building by the door, starts dragging him by the hair.  :\ ) with everyone around watching the scene. I didn't see no cops around, now that I think about.

Any unfortunate sightings or stories about sad-excuse mommies and daddies beating their kids, or just bad parenting you wish to share?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 05:16:26 AM
that's a stereotype in action, is it not? beating your kids isn't necessarily bad parenting. some of the little shits deserve to be belted. but beating your kids in public is a prime example of bad parenting.

you know you have a bad parent when the kid(s) is extremely loud and obnoxious in public places. and they don't do anything about it, aside from maybe yelling at them, which never helps.

but nothing's worse than the parents who neglected their infant child to play a [tornado fang]ing MMO.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:18:40 AM
but nothing's worse than the parents who neglected their infant child to play a [tornado fang]ing MMO.

No, there are things far far worse than this

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 05:19:58 AM

like what?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 05:22:52 AM
Mom stopped caring about me when i learnt how to walk. >.>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 05:23:03 AM
you shouldnt freaking punch a kid when theyre [tornado fang]ing 2 or 3 years old though. thats what falls into the category of "abuse."

there's this woman in my neighborhood who always screams at her kids, almost as if to make a scene to show what a good mother she is that she disciplines her kids. its real awkward to watch. it never really amounts to much, but its like, NO YOU CANT EAT THIS!! IT WILL TRIGGER YOUR ALLERGIES!!! it doesnt happen anymore, but biy was it somethin. I think she works in a barber shop now.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 05:23:26 AM
like what?

There are things that parents can do that are so traumatizing and horrific that they completely scar the child's mind, and possible body, for life.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 05:27:05 AM
like what?
watch the news more often.

also, Nixmary Brown. thats all.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 05:29:01 AM
Fortunately, I never had too many problems with any of that.

But that's because I knew the rules, respected them, and also respected the hard work my mom and dad did to keep me fed, roof over my head, etc. If you ever watch an episode of Supernanny, it's almost always "Make a schedule, create a time-out area, done".

Physical discipline is reserved for the very rare occasions wherein:
1) You're trying to prevent a very grave harm from happening to your kid, but it's probably going to happen anyway, and experience is the best teacher
or
2) Your child has tossed aside his/her values, ethics, and morals, in which case, severe lapses must be met with severe consequences.

But it's not just kids. Drivers, business leaders, many, many people get away with inappropriate behaviors. Eventually, the pendulum will swing back to where the public is decent once more, but in the meantime, it's wise to be wary.

Now for those who prefer the air tl;dr version:

BE A LAX PARENT
~ADVICE DOG~
BEAT YOUR KIDS

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 05:31:18 AM

1000% agreed. My mother works for child protective services and the things that she's told me.... Thing is, she wasn't even telling me to let me know about what evils parents are capable of, she was telling me because if she let them sit on her mind she'd go insane.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 05:51:04 AM
There are things that parents can do that are so traumatizing and horrific that they completely scar the child's mind, and possible body, for life.

yeah, but that doesn't kill them. at least, not physically.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 05:52:46 AM
I know I would be a horrible parent, so I'm never going to be one.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 05:53:17 AM

Sometimes it does.  Also, I have the belief that there are things in life worse than death.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 05:54:42 AM
Sometimes it does.  Also, I have the belief that there are things in life worse than death.

This is true. A morbid truth, but it's still true.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 05:54:53 AM

So... [spoiler=not for the squeamish]placing an infant (1 - 2 years old) on a hot radiator for 2 minutes because they soiled themself[/spoiler] wouldn't kill a child because they survived?

Sorry man, that's just not gonna cut it.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 05:55:00 AM

Cue the emotionless killing-machine children of tomorrow.  X(

Amen.  :\

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 05:55:13 AM

100% Truth.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 05:56:09 AM

I'd do okay, but bring a kid into this world?

You've gotta be kidding me.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 06:04:14 AM
I'm just gonna post a movie quote I've never forgotten since I first saw this movie.

The quote!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 06:07:06 AM
I'm just gonna post a movie quote I've never forgotten since I first saw this movie.

The quote!

I get what he's saying, but then the "license to _____" stuff can go too far. Like a license to fish; really? What?

But that goes into a discussion of human behavior and government, and I'm not going there, not here.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 06:11:34 AM
point taken that some things are worse than death. but i said these MMO people are the worst cause they didn't even acknowledge their child's existence. at least those who beat their kids or worse keep them around. it was a [tornado fang]'d up wacked out form of parenting, which sounds incredibly ridiculous, i know. but there was NO parenting in this MMO case. that infant was killed by starvation, dehydration, and loneliness. i think that's the worst kind of parent specifically. violent acts signify people in general that don't deserve to live. i'm just getting specific with it.

So... [spoiler=not for the squeamish]placing an infant (1 - 2 years old) on a hot radiator for 2 minutes because they soiled themself[/spoiler] wouldn't kill a child because they survived?

that didn't make any sense. if they survived, they're not dead. but yeah, that is [tornado fang]ing rotten.

same here. but if i were a parent, i wouldn't be like these clowns.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 06:14:33 AM
that didn't make any sense. if they survived, they're not dead. but yeah, that is [tornado fang]ing rotten.

I said it in the sense that this child will forever be marked with that burn just because something normal for it's age happened. Whenever they think of their natural blood parents, the first thing that comes to mind is that, thus jading them looong before they have a chance to develop with them.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 06:17:02 AM
if they're younger than two, i don't think they'd actually remember it.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 06:17:59 AM
Still they have to find out who did it to them sometime.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 06:21:04 AM
yeah, like they'd tell the truth about it. they got to be ginormous assholes to say that to their kid's face. or to anyone, really. shitty people like that have to be habitual liars.