Why does everyone hate Mega Man X6?

Waifu · 98618

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010, 07:47:40 PM
yeah, they are the same in both, with only one or two differences with letters.

(Im certain Metal Shark Player was SUPPOSED to an should have been brought over as Prayer, due to his ability to revive dead Mavericks, but switched because of the LOL R=L in JAPAN thing.)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010, 08:03:13 PM
"Vent and Aile *ARE* "MegaMan Model ZX"

Yes, they are Rockman Model ZX, but no, they are not Rockman ZX, much like Zero isn't Rockman Zero. Besides, the second title in the ZX-series is named Advent for a reason: it is not ZX2 and was never advertised as such. It is simply another title in the setting established in ZX; therefore it can take a different route and exclude Rockman Model ZX from the role of main character.

in which it's already been clearly established early on that X is the main character.

Since when have you been under the mistaken assumption that X is the main character and Zero isn't?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 08:05:31 PM
Since when have you been under the mistaken assumption that X is the main character and Zero isn't?

LoL, well the SNES games mainly. And I suppose X6? XD

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 10:34:57 PM
X6 was simply the first game in which you had to unlock the main character in his own series.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 10:40:55 PM
I thought that was X7...Oh you mean Zero

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 10:41:41 PM
X6 was simply the first game in which you had to unlock the main character in his own series.

LoL, then I stand corrected! XD

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 10:53:05 PM

Zero doesnt own the X series

unless you mean X7 and X

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 01:49:48 AM

X4-6 seems to want to say otherwise...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 01:56:36 AM
X4-6 seems to want to say otherwise...

X4-X6 aren't the whole series.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 02:06:43 AM
no, but they are incredibly Zero-centric. In fact- Zero was always the "spotlight stealer" since X1, as the "Cool character who steals the good scenes"! So technically it is as much his as it is X's. Moreso since he became playable in X4. (X3 doesnt count)

Hell, X7 has him trying to one up X by having X unlockable and Zero as the main playable character. (with Axl as the other option)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: October 21, 2010, 02:16:24 AM
no, but they are incredibly Zero-centric. In fact- Zero was always the "spotlight stealer" since X1, as the "Cool character who steals the good scenes"! So technically it is as much his as it is X's. Moreso since he became playable in X4. (X3 doesnt count)

Hell, X7 has him trying to one up X by having X unlockable and Zero as the main playable character. (with Axl as the other option)

.........LoL

Yeah, I think I'm done here.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 21, 2010, 02:47:35 AM
What? People liked X6? Dear god, why?

I used to like it. I honestly did. When I first got the chance to play it way back when after borrowing it from a friend, it was frustrating but I was able to enjoy it.

Then I got older, time passed, and I realised how terrible the whole Nightmare Zero thing is. In the grand scheme of things, Nightmare Zero was useless and if he was never in the game, very little would have ever changed for the story. Also, regarding the story, I don't wanna hear any "well it was badly translated" stuff. Doesn't change the fact the story we got was still meh and affects the game.

Then, I tried playing it again last year on X Collection. And.. I.. What? Either I had more patience 6 or 7 years ago than I do now or this game really, really loves to kick you in the balls. I actually just stopped playing X Collection despite beating each and every other game on there. I really should finish the game but trying to beat Heatnix's bullshit level just tries my patience way too much.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 02:51:08 AM

Zero was going to be the main character originally butr you know what happened, I guess it is a subconscious thing.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 03:00:07 AM

Naw, X just became a pussy in X7 whining over peace and stuff.

But in X8 he acts like his X7 breakdown didnt happen

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 03:07:41 AM
That's not really true.  X spazzes out a bit after the first Maverick in X8, and suffers a serious loss of resolve both during and after the Lumine battle.  It's just that Zero and Axl are working to keep X's head on straight.

Yes, they are Rockman Model ZX, but no, they are not Rockman ZX, much like Zero isn't Rockman Zero.  Besides, the second title in the ZX-series is named Advent for a reason: it is not ZX2 and was never advertised as such. It is simply another title in the setting established in ZX; therefore it can take a different route and exclude Rockman Model ZX from the role of main character.
I disagree.

You are being overly literal on the title.  There is no "Live Metal Model ZX", there is only "Rockman Model ZX".  So "ZX" in and of itself, can refer only to that.

The second game is not "Rockman Advent", it is "Rockman ZX Advent".  Whether or not the game is titled "ZX 2" is irrelevant; no matter what you call it, it is the second game of the ZX series.  And it was always advertised as that.

This is why I said, IMO. It just my own personal opinion. I think it's worse to do it with established characters in a long running series with many, many games, rather than characters only one game in. Like I've said before, to me, it's the equivalent of doing it with Samus in the Metroid series.
I dunno, I think a game where you start as Rundas and unlock a Hyper Beam wielding engine of destruction Samus would be pretty damn badass.

Could've sworn I already admitted my error with ZXA... LOL, and as for what you're hearing, I have NO idea, cause judging by the Cyber Mission post, you're not listening at all. You brought up the title thing with ZX. I have CLEARLY stated time and time again that I find it unacceptable for X, the main character of his series, having to be unlocked in his own series. So why you would think I'd find it acceptable in Rockman X Cyber Mission is mindboggling, title or not.
Because you claimed that tacking on an additional label, "Advent" justifies ignoring previous character references in the title.

You admitted your error but the lengths to which those implications extend were not specified, plus I prefer to add my own input on a discussion I'm already part of, rather than rely solely on Flame (not to discourage others jumping in; this is a community after all).  However, since you and Flame already dove into that (which I acknowledged in my previous post, mind you), I kept that segment short.

LoL, I'm adding ambiguity? NOW you've specified this fact with the characters. Before you didn't, and just said that one thing.
My previous post read, "...you cannot, ever, play as MegaMan Model ZX."
You are either unfamiliar with ZX series terminology or you are not paying attention.

Considering that Inafune's idea of "finality" in the X-series is to simply kill Zero, that is HIGHLY debatable.  The game outright states that a still-off-screen character wants X dead, for crying out loud.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 03:25:39 AM
I dunno, I think a game where you start as Rundas and unlock a Hyper Beam wielding engine of destruction Samus would be pretty damn badass.

Actually, the more I think about it, Metroid is not named after Samus, but the mainstay energy sucking enemies.

Its about the Metroids. Samus just happens to be the protagonist that has a history with their makers. (both of them, Chozo and Pirates) and the (so far) only one who can do something like ridding an entire planet of the species.

So a Metroid game where Samus is not the main focus is absolutely plausible, (and I would TOTALLY support a game with Rundas) as opposed to the MEGA MAN series, where the focus of the series as stated by the title, is about Mega Man.

Also, just thought it was a funny coincidence- On X9.com, there is more or less this same exact thread, but about Megaman 8.
http://megamanx9.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3010-looking-back-at-mm8/

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #66 on: October 21, 2010, 03:38:03 AM
Actually, the more I think about it, Metroid is not named after Samus, but the mainstay energy sucking enemies.
Obviously true.  But then, nobody brought that up during Prime Hunters.  *shrugs*

http://megamanx9.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3010-looking-back-at-mm8/
As much as I love X6 I can see why people may dislike it, but I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why anyone in their right mind would hate MM8.  It's my third favorite Classic-series game after 2 and 3.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 03:47:21 AM
And I don't get how anyone can dislike MM7.

Just wanted to throw that in.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: October 21, 2010, 03:48:55 AM
I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA why anyone in their right mind would hate MM8.
Nostalgiafags that don't like any of the new gameplay elements or changes, and prefer the same ol' MM2-style crap.

Edit: Same goes for 7

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: October 21, 2010, 06:23:39 AM

Just wanted to throw that in.
I dont hate 7 itself, I just hate Rock's sprite. Blame bad sprite comics. Bob and George the primary offender.

Nostalgiafags that don't like any of the new gameplay elements or changes, and prefer the same ol' MM2-style crap.

Also this.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #70 on: October 21, 2010, 07:29:21 PM
I dont hate 7 itself, I just hate Rock's sprite. Blame bad sprite comics. Bob and George the primary offender.
Also this.

Also happens to be those who poorly edit Roll's head onto other's body sprites. eeuugh. Why can't we see more like Soviet Commando quality?

But yeah, I found X6 and Prinny to be hard, but that didin't stop me. That didin't stop Capcom and NIS for including a mode for the babies that complained about the difficulty in their respective sequels ("easy mode" in the form of Axl, and "Baby"/[acid burst] easy mode) either.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: October 21, 2010, 11:45:18 PM
The second game is not "Rockman Advent", it is "Rockman ZX Advent".  Whether or not the game is titled "ZX 2" is irrelevant; no matter what you call it, it is the second game of the ZX series.  And it was always advertised as that.

To me, not being named "2", but instead "Advent" for such a deviation is the best option. It's much less of outrage than having to unlock the titular character in a game numbered "7". Furthermore, the choice of a game's main character should not be mandated by the series' title; if done in good taste, anybody could be a main character.

Overall, I feel ZX is entirely free to take on any number of characters that are not Vent/Aile Aile as the main. As long as there is a purpose to the "ZX" name in the end. After all, there's after all no telling where the series will take us, and what significance the term "ZX" will have in the end. We already established that livemetals are not limited to a single chosen one, and we already separated Model Z from Model X. Who will become Rockman ZX at the end of the series is anyone's guess.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 22, 2010, 01:05:54 AM

A cool [Top Spin] named Brentalfloss said so, So everbody said that they hate MM7

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: October 22, 2010, 01:53:02 AM
A cool [Top Spin] named Brentalfloss said so, So everbody said that they hate MM7

A better excuse to flame the game is "The graphics affect gameplay, I always fail a jump because it takes a eternity to change the frame!"
Wuss.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: October 22, 2010, 01:57:25 AM
You cant even Cancel the slide with a Jump over a gap without dying in Megaman 7