Why hasn't technology caught up to X?

Waifu · 6376

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: September 27, 2010, 07:38:13 PM
X has been dubbed the most advanced and powerful reploid (he's actually an advanced robot) in the series but why hasn't the technolgy of series caught up X? X is not only a powerful battle robot but he is also capable of human empathy and compassion in any level. So why didn't the humans learn from their mistakes and give their robots more maintenance like X did? It would had avodied a lot of problems in the X series.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:00 PM
Because people took intrest to Zero's pontential moreso than X, considering his past and they were too busy studying the Virus that Zero held before it found it's new host: Sigma.

That and they feared the reploid's emotions would be too powerful and would "overthrow" the human race.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:02:23 PM
Light was just THAT good that even centuries after his death no one could replicate his work. Is that too hard to believe?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:29:47 PM
(he's actually an advanced robot)

Repliroids are near-human robots.

X is a Repliroid. Just as Roll is a Repliroid.

Sigma is the first Repliroid created since the term was coined by Cain. X and Zero are the only existing robots from before the term was coined.

They are all Repliroids nonetheless.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:33:16 PM
I thought that they were Repliroids were the robots created by Cain from X's design. And thus X and Zero wouldn't qualify since obviously Zero wasn't based off of X's design and X is... well, X.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:33:37 PM
There was one that caught up to X - Zero :D
The robots haven't caught up to X is because he's constantly evolving due to his unlimited potential. They try to catch up with him, but before they can do so he takes a huge stebp forward.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:45:34 PM
I think it's a plot convenience so that X remains an extraordinary case. Just as Capcom doesn't care how human Megaman acts, as long as it's not during a "this is what separates robots from Reploids, people" scene.

They are all Repliroids nonetheless.

Wait, now "robots" is on par with "Robot Master" in canon terms? Agh. D:

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 10:55:53 PM
I thought that they were Repliroids were the robots created by Cain from X's design. And thus X and Zero wouldn't qualify since obviously Zero wasn't based off of X's design and X is... well, X.

The only absolute requirement for a Repliroid is to have near human mental capabilities.

Wait, now "robots" is on par with "Robot Master" in canon terms? Agh. D:

Robot Master never was a canon term. It's a US-only term for what should instead be "boss robot", the boss you fight at the one of the stage that is a robot.

From Blues to X to Trigger, they are all near-human robots who are classified as "Repliroids". Different from the other robots, who are classified as "Mechaniroid".

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 10:59:06 PM
Ah, okay. That makes more sense.

So would the random enemies you fight in a stage (e.g. Mettaur) be Mechaniroids then?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
So would the random enemies you fight in a stage (e.g. Mettaur) be Mechaniroids then?

With exceptions such as the Pantheon (mass produced mentally degraded Repliroids), yes.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 11:14:10 PM
Yeah, I was thinking except for those.

Time to kill me some mechaniloids!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 12:16:12 AM
X is a Repliroid. Just as Roll is a Repliroid.
For those not equipped with it (and shame on you), Zan is referring to Zero's victory quote when battling against Roll in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.

"human-like" is a fairly loose term, though, given that we're including animals which are to varying degrees anthropomorphized. 

That and they feared the reploid's emotions would be too powerful and would "overthrow" the human race.
That and I think there are those people who simply don't see the value in an emotional creation, especially for combat Reploids which is what we usually see in a MegaMan game.  There were plenty who looked down on X back in the day, after all.

So I gather this thread is about "catching up to X" in the emotional sense rather than the power sense (to which one would simply answer that X is constantly growing and that technology HAS caught up to him a couple of times, it just fails to do so on a regular basis).  Thing is, as with every "difference between Reploids and humans" topic, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.  The fact is that Reploids DO at some point become nigh indistinguishable from humans, ZX being well into that era if you overlook the forehead triangle.

Sometimes I wonder how much of it is capacity and how much of it is simply how they see themselves, though (kind of a nature-vs-nurture thing).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 04:31:19 AM
That is what I was trying to get at but I wonder why being label the Reploids as second class citizens despite their emotions?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 04:49:38 AM
That is what I was trying to get at but I wonder why being label the Reploids as second class citizens despite their emotions?

"Fantastic" racism.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 05:37:31 AM
"Fantastic" racism.

And the fact they were born as machines, "tools" to the humans. Equality was only reached around the year ZX takes place.

That and I think there are those people who simply don't see the value in an emotional creation, especially for combat Reploids which is what we usually see in a MegaMan game.  There were plenty who looked down on X back in the day, after all.

So I gather this thread is about "catching up to X" in the emotional sense rather than the power sense (to which one would simply answer that X is constantly growing and that technology HAS caught up to him a couple of times, it just fails to do so on a regular basis).  Thing is, as with every "difference between Reploids and humans" topic, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.  The fact is that Reploids DO at some point become nigh indistinguishable from humans, ZX being well into that era if you overlook the forehead triangle.

Sometimes I wonder how much of it is capacity and how much of it is simply how they see themselves, though (kind of a nature-vs-nurture thing).

Got a point there. They did catch up with one part of X, but overlooked his other potentials. One of the recepies that led to the Maverick Wars.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 12:26:37 AM
Personally, I believe that works the other way around as well.  I don't think the failure of pre-ZX Reploid technology is so much the inability to create a Reploid emotionally on par with X as it is the inability to combine that trait with his strength in combat.  Colonel and Iris are the result of a failed attempt to merge the mentalities of a warrior and a peace-lover, which is pretty much what X is.  Also, in Z4, when Zero speaks of it not being a Reploid's place to change the world, he refers specifically to "Reploids designed for war".

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)