Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
on: December 11, 2008, 09:24:10 AM
Official info is out.  And the title will be

"Psalm of Planets Eureka Seven: Pocket Full of Rainbows"

http://www.eureka-prj.net/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-11/eureka-seven-movie-title-release-date-announced

Will be opening in theaters during Golden Week, and 2,000 advanced pair screening tickets are going to be sold at the next Comicket.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:31:48 AM
Cool...
Is this a remake of the anime series? Or a sort of sequel? Or taking place within the anime timeline?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:37:30 AM
None. Unlike the Gurren Lagann, or GSD movies whuch are just remakes, this will be a retelling. Like DYRL or the RaxphoWhat ever movie.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 09:47:15 AM
I see...
And this "one more love story"...
Well, I'll sure keep my eye on this.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 01:38:57 PM
Oooooooooh... Can't wait to se this. :O

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 02:25:05 PM
Wait, an Eureka seveN movie? But I haven't even seen a quarter of the series yet ;O;

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:34:18 PM
Wait, an Eureka seveN movie? But I haven't even seen a quarter of the series yet ;O;
Your miss, your loss. :P

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 02:39:44 PM
Your miss, your loss. :P

Well sorry, but there's other awesome shows running at the moment I have to pay attention to, namely Gundam 00, Casshern Sins and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's :W

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 09:03:05 PM

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 09:53:21 PM
Casshern Sins. The show people kept saying was GOING to be awesome, but ended up doing the same formula every week, and he was [tornado fang]ing almost raped a few episodes ago.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 10:02:38 PM
Eureka Seven was better when it was Neon Genesis Evangelion.

also, yet again Monthly McNamechange shows he doesn't know awesome [parasitic bomb] even if it raped him up the ass.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 07:40:43 AM
Rainbows?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 07:06:43 PM

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:23 PM
...The hell? Renton and Eureka got chibified? And what the hell is Dominic doing with them?

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 10:47:21 PM
sodomy.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 09:19:32 PM
...The hell? Renton and Eureka got chibified? And what the hell is Dominic doing with them?

Basically Escaflowne the movie. Same characters, setting etc, but story's more or less original. Unlike the shitty GL movie that was just a rehash.

Posted on: January 08, 2009, 00:01:48
"Renton and Eureka are 5 years old at the start and Dominic is their Tutor. Eureka gets taken away by the military at some point and Renton goes in search for her several years later."

The movie is set in a world where mankind has been at war with the mysterious lifeforms known as Image for over half a century. Renton joined the battleship Gekko-go as a member 8 years ago to search for the kidnapped Eureka. Now, in the battlefield, he will meet her again.

Dominic is supposed to be a teacher to Renton and Eureka when they lived in Warsaw 8 years ago. One day after telling them about the legend surrounding the Snow Moon Flowers, he vanishes. Eureka is described as a young girl whose body reacts strangely to direct sunlight. She's captured by the military and kept as their most guarded secret. To get her back, he entered the military. 8 years later, Renton will enter the battlefield with his favorite mech Nirvash.

The article goes on to specify that the story is brand new, and while the names and circumstances might be the same, the worldview and scenario is completely original. It also mentions that while there will be many new animated scenes in the movie, "by rearranging the scenes from the TV series footage, a brand new story and drama can be shown."

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 11:56:50 PM
Hmm... Story so far sounds nice. I'll have to find out more about this movie... Although no matter what I find out I'mma watch it anyway. :P

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 07:45:33 AM
Dominic is a tutor to both Renton and Eureka?
Hmm... Wonder how this will play out eventually... XD

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 10:07:54 AM
 Trailer
http://www.eureka-prj.net/mv_trailer/Eureka_yokoku_640.flv

Awesome aspects

-Holland now has Satanic Salmon from the start
-Nirvash is in Rollout colors
-Eureka with long hair is <3

Posted on: March 16, 2009, 20:38:00
That little fluffy thing we keep seeing is in fact ZERO.

[/URL]

Also it's in Rollout colors.

And still <3 Eureka without that annoying hairpin.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 05:26:19 PM
What the [Atomic Fire]?!  ???

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 11:00:01 PM
[spoiler]- The movie is a complete re-envisioning of the E7 core theme: Boy meets girl. There are very few similarities between the E7 TV worldview and the movie worldview. The characters look the same and have the same names, but the circumstances are vastly different.

- Anemone appears in most of the movie as an old woman, as seen from the trailer, but she does turn young again at the end. The old Anemone and the young one have different voices, but they have indeed essentially retained Dominic and Anemone's quirky romance in a different way.

- Nirvash and TheEnd both have larvae forms which are extremely cute and described as ghibli-style mascot characters.

- The opening segments with young Eureka and the larvae Nirvash are extremely cute and seem to go over well with most of the audience and reviewers.

- Lady Coda from the TV series serves a very different role in the movie, and her role is rather pivotal to the overall structure in the movie. I haven't actually read in detail what the role is, because most reviews avoid outright spoiling all the plot events, but one reviewer said it was very well developed and serves the movie storyline very well.

- The final battle sequence in the movie is a brand new high speed aerial battle between a final form of Nirvash that combines with TheEnd, hence gaining funnel attacks ala Nu Gundam. The battle is between Nirvash and the Devilfish equipped with the insane backpack seen in the mecha designs on the official site. It's a battle between Renton and Holland to settle all their differences. It's said that the battle is really well animated and impressive even on a movie level.

- The hyped up 12.5 second aerial action sequence is a rollercoaster style missile circus, with the camera moving the audience through the battle sequence in first person. While extremely impressive, there are several mentions that on the big screen in particular, the scene is very disorientating and causes dizziness.

- Eureka has an additional form aside from all her various TV forms in the movie. The final scene in the movie has a long hair Eureka in the nude that resembles sort of a cave woman I guess. I've seen a picture of it from a photo of the Program Guide, but I'm not entirely sure if it's okay to post that here. Might be a little NSFW? Her hair covers her breasts but it's a design sketch so she's not wearing anything and it shows her lower body too, but with no detail...

- The Gekkostate crew interactions with Renton and their development is pretty much completely gone in the movie. The movie focuses mostly on Renton and Eureka and their story, and very little on any of the side characters at all.

- I've seen mentions that the KLFs that appear in battle scenes have newly designed equipment attachments and weapons in the movie, which is good news.

- The newly animated footage is mostly in 2 parts: the opening segment when Eureka and Renton were kids, and the action sequences throughout the movie. While the entire story is brand new, it uses lots of TV footage with slight alterations and background/foreground replacements to cheat in terms of creating new scenes with old footage.

- The new character animation is said to be average and nothing outstanding, while the robot action scenes are totally worthy of movie standards. It's a bit disappointing to me, because I felt the TV series had great character animation as well, but I guess they were really short on budget.

- Ray and Charles do NOT appear in the movie at all. The characters have no part in the story and never show up. I think they might have used the Spearheads in some action footage, but it doesn't have anything to do with the two characters in the original series.

- Most of the negative reviews I've read seem to be annoyed with the fact that the movie either tries to do too much for a 2 hour running time, or that it simply isn't the TV series. I think it's understandable that the movie doesn't fulfill the wishes of every single fan, but most fans of the series seemed to enjoy the fact that the movie was a brand new vision of the themes in E7, but without reusing any of the same ideas. The only consensus that pretty much every single person has agreed on is that the action scenes are fantastic.
[/spoiler]

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 12:17:24 AM
More reason for me to be hyped up as hell for this.

Can't wait till I see Eureka's new form. I LOVED every single one of her transformations in the TV series.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 03:01:24 AM
ITTitwillbeinthenextsuperrobotwarsifthisdoesreallywell

Well, it's a Eureka Seven movie.. involving rainbows. Don't look at me, I only have the game, looks like I've been missin' out.

And one more thing: If this does well in japan, I am willing to bet that it will be on Adult Swim on Saturday also.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 07:08:51 AM
Awesome final battle?