Rockman 1 mobile version

Henger83 · 6300

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: August 11, 2010, 08:23:26 PM
I notice in an older post this link:
http://www.rockmanpm.com/i/flv/rollchancellphone.html

How was that recorded? It looks pretty good like it's running off a computer and not a cell phone. Has this game been emulated?

Also, has the music from this version been ripped?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:38:43 PM
Oh that. My guess is that the video and audio output was done by Capcom themselves or a company with the necessary equipment. ^^;

The game might have also be run on a PC emulator or software that only the game companies have access to.

The music? Um I don't think so. It's definitely in Midi tho. x3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 07:16:12 PM
No  :( I want that music.

I've seen the other cell phone games as well in other videos and it looks pretty clear (not to mention the still shots). Those game must be played on the PC. Any way to put those a cell phone outside of Japan?  óVó

Or would I have to buy a Japanese cell phone that has the game on it already  XD

How many freaking versions of this game are there? Look at all this:

Edit: Why don't the pictures show up?

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 08:01:08 PM
It was released in the US in 2004.

Quote from: LatiosXT's FAQ
This version is only available on select celluar phone services with a capable
phone. Costs may vary, but for Verizon Wireless, it's $3.49 for a subscription
and $6.49 for unlimited use (to be billed on your next phone bill). Mega Man
also requires some 350KB of free space on your phone.

As for the music...ehh...I would find it hard to believe that someone would rip the music from a cellphone. I also find it hard to believe that you could get it from your computer.

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 08:44:25 PM
Actually, I meant if I could buy the 2007/2008 version that is already installed on a Japanese cell phone so I can play the game  XD

Also, I have some images in my previous post. How come they don't display in the post itself? They did before so what happened?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 08:59:53 PM
The Mechanical Maniacs doesn't allow hotlinking. ^^;

And don't worry, we all want a "piece of the action" too. ;3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 05:12:42 AM
Yeah, I've had some problems with hotlinking.  Mainly with ancient wallpapers I made back in 2001, if you can believe it!  Enough is enough, says I! 

Sorry for bumping this up, but to answer this question, from the screens you've shown, the answer is two.

1) You gotta understand that cell phones come in different sizes.  Hence the difference between the first two screens you're showing.  You can see that the picture of Megaman isn't different, it's just adjusted to look good in different sized screens.  Those really small and kinda neat (IMHO) graphics were for phones with very limited graphic ability.  So the other one from 04 belongs to the same version of Rockman, just for a different sized screen.

I suppose you might call them different versions, but the code behind them is likely the same.  Only the graphics have changed, to allow for the best resolution in the different sized phones of the day.  Nowadays phones are much more powerfull, which is why you don't really see compressed sprites like you did for Rockmans 1 and 2 back when those cell games first came out.  I haven't done reaserch on the subject, but the other classic games, at least, just might have compressed versions for them.    But I can't really say for sure.

2)  I don't think you can rightly say the Japanese version is truly a different version than the english.  Again, you may technically be able to, but it's really just a matter of some sprites and words, so ...

3) Now the 2007 version IS a totally different version where you can unlock Roll.  I think the Wily levels are preserved for this version as well.  Actually, I wish the sprites for this version were available .... and maybe an emulator too ...

Hope that helps!

Offline Henger83

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 09:38:07 PM
Sorry about the hot linking.  :( I just wanted to show a comparison. :P

1) Yeah, I was never really into cell phone gaming  o-O so I never bothered looking these up until recently because I'm making a hack for the playstation version of Rockman 1. ;) Now it makes sense as to why those versions are bigger/smaller to fit a particular cell phone screen.  >U< I played cell phone versions of parts 1 and 3 a few days ago and the stage layout is different but part 3 looks more like the NES thankfully  8) but the controls are not quite the best unfortunately.  :\ It's not too bad though. And the collision detection is awkward. Sometimes it appear if if you should have been hit and vice versa which makes me overly cautios when playing  '>.>

2) Yeah the 2007 version has the Wily stages. owob The first 6 stages are exactly in the same layout as the 2003/2004 version. o~O As far as I've seen, the sprites match the NES version with the exception of Roll.  0v0 And apparently the game has been emulated for some time now. I'm surprised not to many people mention it.  :o Now to just have those sprites and music ripped...   óVó