I cannot connect to the Internet

VirusChris · 2407

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
on: August 11, 2010, 05:38:25 AM
Well I am right now, but I'm using someone else's Network to connect online right now. But a few days ago I lost connection to my Desktop and Laptop and I haven't gotten it back since.

I don't know what happened, but I like to know how to fix this.

It says I'm connected but there's no Internet connection. The Network I'm usually using with best connection speed no longer works for me and the one I'm using has very poor connection speed. I like to get some help to solve this problem, I use a wireless connection (DSL).

Please someone help me, I don't know how to fix this problem even when though I have my DSL connect correctly and checked my Network Settings.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:07:37 PM
Your best bet would be to get up with your ISP.

If possible, try using a wired connection from your router or modem.

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:08:24 PM
are you on a wireless reciever or hooked directly into your box

squemp

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:47:59 PM
I could've swore I said "wireless connection". Well anyway I am connect to my DSL wirelessly on both Laptop and Desktop, not wired to it.

Right now I'm at school typing this message so I don't have a lot of time, plus the guy must've noticed last night that someone was using this network that he shut it off or that he doesn't turn it on in the morning.

I guess contacting the ISP is the best thing to do to get connection... how do I contact my ISP?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:00:51 PM
I could've swore I said "wireless connection".
i'm not gonna help you if you're gonna be a dick.

try taking a look at your wireless reciever before you do anything else.

squemp

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:15:40 PM
I didn't mean to come off rude, but I did type in down that I use a wireless connection. Sorry.

I've have taken a look at my router, all the plugs are in corrected and it says I have DSL wireless on but no internet. I can connect to other Network, but not the one I'm always on. I'm going to contact my ISP first to see what the problem is. :(

I need Internet Access at home for school-related subjects like homework or communicating with my teammates on our school project.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 02:33:00 AM
This is a daily [tornado fang]ing problem at my house.

What I usually do is Unplug the Modem and Router. Then shut off the computer and wait. Then plug the Modem in, then the Router, and finally turn the PC back on.

If that doesn't work I unplug the Cable and the Power from the modem, than re-attach them. It usually works that way.

I only do it because my Wireless is dependant on the Basement Computer's Wired connection working. Which only repairs if its manually done (It usually goes "Local Only", and Vista's Bullshit "Diagnose and Repair" Keeps cutting out on repairing halfway because it still sees problems with my connection. Of course if it finished repairing first it probably wouldn't.)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 04:14:49 AM
I see. >_>;

Sorry to hear that.

And good news! I finally got my Internet back! ^_^
Well my folks called the ISP, since Verizon upgraded and we we're using an old version so that explains the lose of Internet, and got a new IP Address.

Thanks for trying to help me guys. Sorry for wasting your time.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 05:07:42 PM
Unless you're installing new hardware or there is a serious problem with drivers or software, a computer reboot should never be needed for network stuff. Just reset the adapter or release/renew. Choosing "repair" is a good bet. If it becomes a daily thing, you should look into that cause instead of rebooting your computer every day.

PS: what's the amount of day before it's necroposting?