Villains Hesitating to Kill

geekgo4 · 1745

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
on: July 30, 2010, 04:37:41 AM
How long have been annoyed by villains not killing the hero or other characters alreadly? This cliche annoy many, despite it's justifications. On eoculd point out the 007 baddies, but recently, I think the worst offender is Sideshow Bob

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 04:42:29 AM
Because if the main characters are dead there's no more story, is there.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 04:48:13 AM
I think he speaking strictly of the situations in which the main villain is just a minute away from defeating the hero; only to be called off by some plot device or just spares him because "he's not strong enough" and have victory just be given to the hero without having to overcome the outweighing odds of a near-hopeless situation themselves.

and yeah, I know. It's really a let down. Although, I haven't seen that happen in a while.

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 05:07:21 AM
Actually, I mean villains really taking too long to just kill the hero.

One exampil: Sideshow Bob pulls out a knife and grabs Bart with it and tosses into a coffin. While Bart is trapped, SB sends the coffin into the fire, so Bart can be creamated. Problem? It moves slowly. Why couldn't Bob just move it a top speed? Or better yet, Why not just stab him with the knife?

Villains always bother with rediculous death traps that makes the viewer say this question.

Why not just simply shoot him?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 05:09:51 AM
Wait.....seriously?  Do you seriously need this explained to you?

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 05:10:16 AM
Actually, I mean villains really taking too long to just kill the hero.

One exampil: Sideshow Bob pulls out a knife and grabs Bart with it and tosses into a coffin. While Bart is trapped, SB sends the coffin into the fire, so Bart can be creamated. Problem? It moves slowly. Why couldn't Bob just move it a top speed? Or better yet, Why not just stab him with the knife?

Villains always bother with rediculous death traps that makes the viewer say this question.

Why not just simply shoot him?
Seriously?

You're asking this question about Sideshow Bob? Who appears on a satiric show?

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 05:18:11 AM
Why? They have more important things to worry about, and they don't have time to pull a gun out of thier pockets and shoot the hero. So they lay a deathtrap for the hero to escape from earlier in a feeble attempt to "thwart" him. The Joker never kills the Batman because he thinks Batsy is his sole "playmate". Dr. Doom? He has the ultimate plan to defeat the Fantastic 4 permanately, but will take a while to compose, so he does smaller crimes.

Best example of this is Dr. Wily from the Mega Man games, while he has "Zero", he just doesn't awake him to kick Rock's ass just yet; he needs to spare some time perfecting his combat data. And why Sideshow Bob? That puzzles me to use as an example..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 05:19:50 AM
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die."

Villains can't kill the hero, BECAUSE. Heroes don't kill the villain, BECAUSE. And the story goes on and on so it can get to a suitable ending, or keep on going for the sake of sales.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 06:25:30 AM
Okay I can give you at least 5 reasons.

1. Chances are they're insane, so logic is thrown out the window.

2. Villians tend to really underestimate the hero's wit/ability to get out of sticky stituations.

3. They have to wait for the right time to strike so it benefits them like the villian has to wait until the planets aline to be able to kill the hero so said villian can be immortal or some stupid thing like that.

4. The villian has planted a bomb and has to get out of there before it goes boom and is not expecting the hero to disarm it or something.

5. The villain has a respect for showmanship or theactrics AKA he feeds on drama.

Most likely it's 1-2 and 5 since 3-4 are situational, but really you should have figured this out on your own.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 07:15:33 AM
Wat.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod