Waifu · 24104

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 07:09:50 PM
But the one and only true fact is... ZERO IS DEEEEEEEEEAD!
Just like Batman's parents.

I need a Ceil (in tears) shouting "My boyfriend is deeeeead!" slapping a newly-modified Alouette. Seriously, someone has to keep the peace before new heroes can be born. She'd prolly became "DarkSwan" or some [parasitic bomb] like that to fill in the 200 year gap.

X6-X8 + CM are cannon because if they weren´t The Zero series would look completely different!

The guardians were supposed to be alive after Z3...but then came ZX and they had to be dead. Because they were in a situation they could whether survive or not, INti decided to let them die (assholes).

Their deaths I'd have to say.. Good riddance. I never liked Leviathan.  -_-

And Serpent is a Repliroid; pay attention to the red triangle.

Yep, the triangle really can tell them apart, can't it? Even if it's in it's proper position (itt: it's upside-down).

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 07:22:11 PM
You will say that i dont know when to quit... and its true.
not sure if you have seen this: (the true ending of MMZ 4 XD)
http://video.aol.jp/category/wiel
Look at the manga video (second one on the left list)
You DO realize that's not official right? Its made by fan artist Sigehiro
http://sigehiro.whitesnow.jp/inbox.html

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
  • Justice will always win
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 17, 2010, 06:23:51 PM
Dont care, its just comes to  add to my arguement that there is a hola that must be filled.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 17, 2010, 06:39:26 PM
...Why arent you banned yet again..?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 17, 2010, 06:45:54 PM
He's not annoying enough

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #55 on: September 17, 2010, 09:25:35 PM
Dont care, its just comes to  add to my arguement that there is a hola that must be filled.

While I whole-heartedly support the idea of Iris having some sort of Zero-series cameo, that "fan-manga" scenario raises more questions than it answers.  Trying to pass Girouette off as being helmetless Zero raises issues with the fact that Zero's soul is contained within Model Z.  For that matter it raises issues with why in the hell he'd require ANY Biometal to fight in the first place.  If he were Zero, all he'd need is a stray lead pipe, and he'd show those Galleons a thing or two.

Now honestly, how brain-dead do you have to be to not realize that, barring Deus Ex Machina, Zero is dead in Z4?  We're not talking about falling off of a cliff, grabbing God-knows-what as one falls, or landing in a river, or any such thing.  We are talking about the entire space station you're on exploding during atmospheric entry.  Frankly I'm surprised that even the left half of his helmet survived that.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 17, 2010, 09:52:52 PM
Dont care, its just comes to  add to my arguement that there is a hola that must be filled.

1.) If you're discussing something that happens in the games, don't cite fan creations as if they were official.

2.) I don't believe there's much of a "hole" in-between the Zero and ZX series.

Buuuut you'll probably ignore me or say something imbecilic.

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 11:22:13 PM

Buuuut you'll probably ignore me or say something imbecilic.

I couldn't help but laugh at that.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 24, 2010, 01:13:08 AM
I couldn't help but laugh at that.

Was that really necessary.

Anyway, I'd like to put my hat into the ring and say it was popular for a number of reasons.

1. The (at first) daunting difficulty that drives more seasoned players to it.

2. A decently written story.

3. Some impressive weapons (The Rod weapons, the Z-Knuckle Steal ability.)

4. Just plain fun.

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 24, 2010, 02:00:53 AM
Was that really necessary.

Anyway, I'd like to put my hat into the ring and say it was popular for a number of reasons.

1. The (at first) daunting difficulty that drives more seasoned players to it.

2. A decently written story.

3. Some impressive weapons (The Rod weapons, the Z-Knuckle Steal ability.)

4. Just plain fun.

What Kallen said.

I prefered the storyline over most other MM storylines. The other ones are... I dunno, too light for me?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: September 24, 2010, 02:39:39 AM
If he were Zero, all he'd need is a stray lead pipe, and he'd show those Galleons a thing or two.
I see what you did there. 8D

Now honestly, how brain-dead do you have to be to not realize that,
because he's an idiot.

Offline RockBluesMan

• "I have fury!"
  • Cyberelf
  • Just Keeping it real, people.
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 23, 2011, 12:47:22 AM
Out of the subtopic, and onto the actual topic's... err.... topic, my belief was the Zero series had all these that made it so successful:

1. It was excruciatingly difficult (I know, X is hard as well, but that's not as hard)
2. The games were very smooth and had their feel that kept players wanting to come back to the game. ()
3. There was HUGE amounts of satisfaction in every part of it, with little reward... if that even makes sense.
4. Zero was a popular character. More marquee value if I ever saw it.

But, eh, that's just my opinion.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 23, 2011, 12:53:56 AM
Yeah I think Zero's popularity was a major point.

But it turned out that the games had reeeaally solid gameplay and and interesting (and coherent AND finished) storyline.

I think I said that already. Well it's still true.

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 24, 2011, 03:55:31 PM
Ooooooooh look this thread was revived really. I'd like to present the opinions given to me by the kids who I know who love the Zero series and were introduced to MM through it.

Firstly, the art style. Typical reaction to the classic/X series art style by a typical female: 'Haha wow that looks old.' Typical reaction to the Zero/ZX series art style by a typical female: 'Awwww, that's sooooo cuuuute! It looks really pretty!'
...Okay so not the best thing to put killer robots into but still, the more modern art style appealed to the younger generation :V A lot.

Secondly, the GBA. Seriously, a bunch of people just picked it up because hey it was there and they could play it whenever they felt like. Pretty much everyone had a GBA so the game wasn't out of their way in any way. Anyway, BN was on it. (According to one fan that was his justification anyway.)

The story. Well actually even I was surprised by the story. You know, the fact that the plot actually mattered and all. It was quite compelling and the players liked the setting, the characters, etc. Especially Zero. The kids I talk to who started out with the Zero series are huge Zero fanboys. I guess he was just too badass eh? =w=a

Gameplay~ Controls, animation were smooth and solid. The game wasn't too easy so the 'hardcore gamers' didn't write it off as a kid's game and kept playing. Also the animation. But that's mainly just me. I love good sprite animation 8D Ooooh and the stages weren't like, super repetitive and uncreative or something. They pretended they were story points and stuffs as well. Fun!

But mostly they seem to talk about (according to them) the awesome characters and story. Especially Zero. And his coolness and how much they liked playing Zero because he was cool. Anyway one of them thinks that Zero was not cool in MMX at all.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 24, 2011, 04:03:18 PM
All the thongs may or may not have been a contributing factor.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations