Zero series: Why was it so successful?

Waifu · 24098

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 03:50:24 AM
Just to sumarize:

1.-Real proof of zero's death (painful as it is for me T_T)
Zero 4's ending and ZX starting is proof enough. There was no conflict during the 200 year gap. I mean really, just common sense too. NOTHING can survive atmospheric re entry like that. Zero was on board an exploding space station, and if Weil's explosion didnt get him, atmospheric friction did. He died. Only to be brought back as a biometal in ZX.

2.-How ciel came up with the whole biometal thing (like, if she converted the reploids into bio metals, or just took their DNA or whatever). I know they explain a little in ZX but not the WHOLE thing.
She studied Model W. Albert created the ROCK system (MEGA system in the localization) and Ciel just based the biometals off of that system, only using the souls of X, Zero and the big 4 instead.
3.-The whereabouts of Harpuia, Leviathan and Fefnir
Killed by Omega's explosion in Z3. They shielded Zero from the brunt of the explosion.
4.-Real proof of X's death (T_T)
He died when he sealed Dark Elf. His soul was ripped from his body into 5 parts, 4 of which later became the big 4. X in the Zero series is technically already dead. In Z2, Elpis just destroys his body. In Z3 however, he runs out of energy, and is no longer able to manifest in the physical world, and thus goes back to the cyber world, the "reploid afterlife"- unable to interact with Zero anymore. (until he is turned into model X)
5.-Link from MMX5-X6? to MMZero (assuming that X7 and X8 arent story related, X5 was the last "official")
X6 has your link in the form of Zero's ending. Get equipped with it. it takes place further down the road, NOT right after the game. and X7-CM ARE "official". they were made by capcom, and ARE part of the timeline.

6.-And also the link between MMZero and MMZX
what more of a link do you want? is already pretty well explained that 200 years prior to ZX, the battle with Weil was raged, and he was defeated by "legendary heroes". his soul lives on through Model W, which is what was left of Ragnarok, modified by Albert. So Ciel studied the Model W core she found, and made the Ciel 6 biometals from the knowledge she obtained on the ROCK system.

there isnt much else to say. There is not much that happens between Z4 and ZX. life goes on, and people start over after Craft destroyed Neo Arcadia.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
  • Justice will always win
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 04:45:54 AM
Thank you fo the refreshing, its been years since i last played them, so i had forgotten some things.
Just a few things though:
1.-So, youre telling me that Albert find the way to interact with the after life, so he could bring weil's soul back?
And 200 years passed from MMZero 4 to MMZX? (i must have amnesia i better go to play again), but asuming so, how come praire is ciel's sister?
And sorry to keep going but i just cant accept zero's death, maybe he could survive the atmospheric entry, he is the most powerful maverick in the world after all.
3.-Huh? i must have blinked when that happened cause i dont remember that.. who says so?
4.-Understand me, im like a mother who's son died and want a satisfactory explanation T_T T_T
5.-I meant that according to Inafume, MMX5 is the last game in the X's series, so X6, X7, and X8 arent really story related, cause he stop working in the following games.
6.-Again, 200 years is quite a time for a MMZ secuel XD.
And what happened to the mother elf?
We just knew weil fro 2 games i felt that those arent proper ends for such great characters.
I wont accept zero's death in MMZ4, never! that cant be the end, it cant be...i hate inticreates
Im just want every loose string to be tied.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 10:23:01 AM
1.-So, youre telling me that Albert find the way to interact with the after life, so he could bring weil's soul back?
Albert did not bring Weil's soul back, his soul was already inside the Ragnarok fragment.Albert only turned that Ragnarok fragment into Model W and [parasitic bomb] happens

And 200 years passed from MMZero 4 to MMZX? (i must have amnesia i better go to play again), but asuming so, how come praire is ciel's sister?
because Prairie is Alouette and she calls Ciel her sister and yeah....you get the point...or not....

And sorry to keep going but i just cant accept zero's death, maybe he could survive the atmospheric entry, he is the most powerful maverick in the world after all.
8U

5.-I meant that according to Inafune, MMX5 is the last game in the X's series, so X6, X7, and X8 aren't really story related, cause he stop working in the following games.
Inafune stopped working on later X series doesn't mean its non-canon. i kept wondering why people keep saying X6-X8 non-canon just because Inafune is not involved in it.

6.-Again, 200 years is quite a time for a MMZ sequel XD.
Wander around the planet doing her own business ,maybe gone to cyberspace, heck i dont even know. No one knew, Capcom never told us.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 11:20:28 AM
Allouette is an old-type reploid, unlike almost everyone else in ZX, so she could potentially live forever. She just got a new body (and as mentioned, changed name).
Somehow I don't think he'd appreciate being called a maverick. Besides, the guys deserves to rest, and his death was as heroic as they get.
3.-Huh? i must have blinked when that happened cause i dont remember that.. who says so?
It's never mentioned in-game, or even in the drama tracks I think, but there was an official statement about it.
We just knew weil fro 2 games i felt that those arent proper ends for such great characters.
I wont accept zero's death in MMZ4, never! that cant be the end, it cant be...i hate inticreates
Im just want every loose string to be tied.
Glad you're taking this so rationally...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 02:49:15 PM
Can we just say that Zero died, Ciel cried, the end?
Because seriously, anyone who thinks Zero survived the end of Zero 4, is just plainly in stupid fanboy/fangirl denial.
Of course, then there's this biometal bullshit.
But the one and only true fact is... ZERO IS DEEEEEEEEEAD!
Just like Batman's parents.
He died heroically, and as such, there's no need to debate this, UrielManX7.

PS: I hate your sig.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 03:51:43 PM
X6-X8 + CM are cannon because if they weren´t The Zero series would look completely different!

The guardians were supposed to be alive after Z3...but then came ZX and they had to be dead. Because they were in a situation they could whether survive or not, INti decided to let them die (assholes).

Zero is dead. His battle with Weil was as epic as it could get, nothing could top that (Technically yes, but saving the universe would be unbelievable :D ).
 Yes I´m aware of my hypocracy (Look sig)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 05:48:15 PM
the guys deserves to rest, and his death was as heroic as they get.

Nuff said.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 06:10:01 PM
Can we just say that Zero died, Ciel cried, the end?
Because seriously, anyone who thinks Zero survived the end of Zero 4, is just plainly in stupid fanboy/fangirl denial.
Of course, then there's this biometal bullshit.
But the one and only true fact is... ZERO IS DEEEEEEEEEAD!
Just like Batman's parents.
He died heroically, and as such, there's no need to debate this, UrielManX7.

PS: I hate your sig.

lol looks like i found myself another fan

Inafune stopped working on later X series doesn't mean its non-canon. i kept wondering why people keep saying X6-X8 non-canon just because Inafune is not involved in it.

Because if the author doesnt work directly in his OWN saga the story wont go as he would have wnated. The best example i can give you is MM9 and MM10, you CANT possibly say that those games are canon, they add absolutely ZERO to the story, same with X7 and X8, X6 still add a little, but not what it should (i think that i ll die without seeing wiliy in the X's series.)
So that's why i say the stary ended in X5-X6.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 06:25:42 PM

Because if the author doesnt work directly in his OWN saga the story wont go as he would have wnated.

He isnt the owner of megaman. Capcom is. And Capcom decides what they want to do with the property. When inafune was producer, he had a say. when he left that role, he forfiet his say.

The best example i can give you is MM9 and MM10, you CANT possibly say that those games are canon, they add absolutely ZERO to the story,

AHAHAHAHAHAA Except you know, Inafune is the sole reason there IS a 9 and 10.

same with X7 and X8, X6 still add a little, but not what it should
Curiosity, what "should" it add?

(i think that i ll die without seeing wiliy in the X's series.)

youve got Serges and Isoc for that.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 06:48:28 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAA Except you know, Inafune is the sole reason there IS a 9 and 10.
Curiosity, what "should" it add?
youve got Serges and Isoc for that.
Then inafume must DIEEEE!!!!!!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 06:53:42 PM

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 07:20:09 PM
what was wrong with the story in 9 and 10 anyway
10 was a great leadup to mmx, closest they could get to bridging the gap while staying in theme, and 9 added just a hint of depth to the classic series

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 07:22:22 PM
Then inafume must DIEEEE!!!!!!
Oh my God, you're like a walking contradiction full of huge friggin' fanboyism.
I love you already.
I can see that you're going to do well here, welcome.
WELCOME...
TO
YOUR
DESTINY
!

As for 9, and 10. As much as I hate them just for being 8-bit, I can't really see what's wrong with them.
Their plot is pretty typical classic series stuff. What? Maybe you expected that in one of them there will be [tornado fang]ing CATACLYSM, WHERE ZERO GOES ON A RAMPAGE AND KILLS EVERYBODY, HUH?!
lol

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 07:43:52 PM
1.-Real proof of zero's death (painful as it is for me T_T)

ZX gives the proof; Zero is Model Z. Likewise, Zero was not seen 2 years after ZERO4, nor 200 years for that matter.

2.-How ciel came up with the whole biometal thing (like, if she converted the reploids into bio metals, or just took their DNA or whatever). I know they explain a little in ZX but not the WHOLE thing.

She analyzed Model V and used the souls of legendary heroes.

3.-The whereabouts of Harpuia, Leviathan and Fefnir

Explained in MMZOCW and ZX; they died in ZERO3 and are now Model H, Model L and Model F.

4.-Real proof of X's death (T_T)

After ZERO3 X continued to exist as a Cyber Elf with very limited real world interaction; see Nakayama fanservice artwork. Eventually he became Model X.

5.-Link from MMX5-X6? to MMZero (assuming that X7 and X8 arent story related, X5 was the last "official")

Zero Collection cites X6 as the link between series, MMZOCW further elaborates on this in great detail; we know the entire situation with very little gaps in information. The matter of X7, X8 and XCM is not to be addressed by the ZERO series. It is the X-series' job to ensure its own integrity within the established mythology.

6.-And also the link between MMZero and MMZX

The link between ZERO and ZX was explained in unprecedented depth in the first ZX title. As a result, it is actually the exact opposite of a plothole.

Model V is the fragments of Ragnarok that contain Dr. Vile's soul, altered by Albert to create Livemetal. It is the result of Dr. Vile's fusion with the sattelite cannon.

And 200 years passed from MMZero 4 to MMZX? (i must have amnesia i better go to play again), but asuming so,

"Centuries". Mentioned to be 200 years in interview.

how come praire is ciel's sister?

Though Prairie has the red triangle of a Repliroid under the equality laws, lifespans limited Repliroids can live just as long as humans. By use of machine bodies, humans can live for centuries.

5.-I meant that according to Inafume, MMX5 is the last game in the X's series, so X6, X7, and X8 arent really story related, cause he stop working in the following games.

Inafune is by origin a "character designer", his job is not "writer" or "scenario". He only took on a scenario/writer role with X, and even then he was limited by his superior and always gladly accepted input for his colleagues; especially in his days as producer did he leave the story up to the imagination of others. Remember that Rockman is and will always be a team effort; "Capcom" is the author, not any single member of the team.

One of the true plotholes left by ZERO4.

The best example i can give you is MM9 and MM10, you CANT possibly say that those games are canon

You should know that the producer of Rockman9 and 10 is Keiji Inafune and the production crew is Inticreates, of Rockman Zero and ZX fame.

Furthermore, how much a title adds to the overall story is not at all a measure for canon, it is only a measure of importance. In that regard, even its not immediately clear from the story itself, those titles actually hold a lot of secret recognition within the plot as envisioned by Inti staff. After all, when they made Zero Collection, Rockman10 was cleverly used by Inticreates to further justify and connect the plotlines of the X and ZERO series to that of classic.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 09:11:37 PM
Inafune is by origin a "character designer", his job is not "writer" or "scenario". He only took on a scenario/writer role with X, and even then he was limited by his superior and always gladly accepted input for his colleagues; especially in his days as producer did he leave the story up to the imagination of others. Remember that Rockman is and will always be a team effort; "Capcom" is the author, not any single member of the team.
I like this. I like it a lot.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 09:15:16 PM
the fact the MM9 and MM10 are produced by inafume doesnt really matter anymore, because he has been away from megaman projects for so long that he lost his grip of the series.
Perhaps he wanst fully involved in the creation of the storys of the megaman games, but he was the producer, so he had a huge influence, an influence the whole MMZ and the lastest games didnt had.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 09:19:59 PM
Inafune was the producer of Rockman Zero... ZX too.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 09:32:24 PM
Even with his age and experience, he's still just human, and makes mistakes (or in this case, decisions you disapprove of).

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 09:39:46 PM
Rats! I really have to go play the whole saga again and stop blatering before i contradict myself more XD.

ZERO FOREVER!!!!!
Still hes an [dark hold] for killing(well kind of) zero and leaving all those gaps between sagas and never made a MML 3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 10:12:53 PM
There you go again with "gaps".

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 12:36:46 AM
You will say that i dont know when to quit... and its true.
not sure if you have seen this: (the true ending of MMZ 4 XD)
http://video.aol.jp/category/wiel
Look at the manga video (second one on the left list)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 09:16:08 AM
I refuse to look at something that can't even spell "Weil" right.

Offline Thalath

• PILLZ HERE
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 10:13:45 AM
You know, I kind of wonder how long it took Ciel to build the Biometals...

If I read this right, she crammed the cyber-elf'd heroes inside of the Biometals? How inhumane of her. =(

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: September 15, 2010, 12:43:45 AM
Well it depends, as is shown in MMZX, serpent went mad after discovering the biometal w, so heres 2 options:
1.-asuming serpent is human, it would had to be quickier, otherwise in MMZX he would be much older than he looked in the past.
2.-Hes a reploid (or a humanoid), which is the most likely, that would give her time to do her research and it gives room for the events that led to her vanish...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:30 PM
Humans and Repliroids in ZX have the exact same lifespan; centuries.

And Serpent is a Repliroid; pay attention to the red triangle.