Kara no Kyoukai - The Garden of sinners

Saber · 49522

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 10:17:28 PM
I liked the atmosphere of this movie, but I personally think that this time they made it too short. Several key points in conversations were left out and too often we get flashbacks to Touko's lines that were given only a short minute earlier. I think in general the movies suffered from leaving out important lines, but this is the only time in which they started throwing tedious flashbacks at us quoting things we already knew.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 12:38:14 AM
* DominicanZero mauls the goddamn dog. Repeatedly.
*Choked*
I liked the atmosphere of this movie, but I personally think that this time they made it too short. Several key points in conversations were left out and too often we get flashbacks to Touko's lines that were given only a short minute earlier. I think in general the movies suffered from leaving out important lines, but this is the only time in which they started throwing tedious flashbacks at us quoting things we already knew.
Let me guess: Naruto flashbacks traumatized you? However, I do have to agree I found that odd. Why repeat a quote heard only seconds before.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 05:04:23 PM
I've seen it in Naruto, but nothing really traumatizing... It was bad there, but it's just even worse in a theatrical movie such as this. Even more when the actual novel never once required to repeat Touko's quotes and instead had additional conversation to explain the situation better.

On the other hand, I did like how they added a few additional scenes such as the dead guy being brought into the hospital, Mikiya's singing in the rain and the rune being broken by the zombie. Even if the rune was badly explained due to them cutting text from the script.

Oh and Kirie should have had a scene with Mikiya, but that's not something Nasu included in the novel to begin with. At least she got some attention, along with Fujino, in the intermission.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 09:32:12 PM
I think you can see Kirie in her wheelchair in one of the scenes, I just forgot which.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 11:10:32 PM
Speaking of randomness, I'm betting with a friend of mine that when Tohko gets killed, she's gonna end up in her blue-haired body. Anybody up for the odds? :P

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 11:30:17 PM
Meh, Touko's a master puppeteer who succeeded in recreating her own body perfectly as a puppet. She doesn't even remember which of the two bodies is the original anymore, so my guess would be she stays a redhead. Takeuchi said he disliked the blue-haired look which is why he redesigned her in the first place, I don't really see them backing out now. Personally, I think the red ponytail looks a hell lot better than the short blue hair, the whole differentiation thing with Aoko having red hair but blue magic color and Touko having blue hair and red magic color be damned.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 12:20:12 AM
Speaking of randomness, I'm betting with a friend of mine that when Tohko gets killed, she's gonna end up in her blue-haired body. Anybody up for the odds? :P

Well in her first appearance, both chronological and in writing, she did have red hair, but it's now redesigned to be brown instead. Then for the initial release of KnK and then the Tsukihime expansions she had blue hair. Obviously the blue hair design is no longer valid for KnK. The only reason it would revert to blue hair is to keep any sort of continuity with Tsukihime. Except, KnK and Tsukihime aren't even in the same linear timeline. Ryougi's mystic eyes of death perception are the first since the time of the Celtic Gods when Balor had them. All the same Tohno/Nanaya acquired his death perception several years earlier and no two people can have them at the same time. Let alone the issue with Arcueid and Tohko's puppet research. So really, there's no reason for her to suddenly revert to blue hair again, I'd sooner estimate her to appear with red hair in Satsuki's new route in the new Tsukihime, just because Takeuchi likes the design.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 06:19:43 AM
On the other hand, I did like how they added a few additional scenes such as the dead guy being brought into the hospital, Mikiya's singing in the rain and the rune being broken by the zombie. Even if the rune was badly explained due to them cutting text from the script.
I thought something was odd when there was a symbol on the door. My first thought was a barrier similar to that of Tohsaka, except reversed. It kept everything out instead or Rin's keep everything in. It kinda made me feel better realizing with the rune broken in half that I was right. While I did think it was a barrier, I was right in regards to protection.

By the way, did anyone notice the similarities between Shiki's fighting style before she got her blade and Neiji's/Hinata's fighting style? Seems like that fighting still is very popular.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 05:34:59 PM
Because of my slow computer, I just finished it today. >_>

Pretty good movie, a little on the short side though, same fantastic music (etc.) Overall, I was really satisfied with it.

Tsuukaku Zanryuu is still my personal favorite so far. But, It seems that Mujun Rasen will REALLY catch my attention, judging from the preview. We'll see what happens.

I thought something was odd when there was a symbol on the door. My first thought was a barrier similar to that of Tohsaka, except reversed.
Yeah, that's what I thought at first also.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 12:59:20 PM

Cool spoilers bro

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 12:09:16 AM
Cool spoilers bro
If RMX is right, DZ, you're an ass.  ;)

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 02:06:58 AM
Perhaps he was just speculating.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 02:23:22 AM
I WAS just speculating. I have no idea if she's gonna get killed or not, but given her status as an expert puppeteer Magician that has no memory of her original body, it's easy to be led to think that whenever she dies for any reason, she simply switches to a prepared body and ditches the old one.

Posted on: 2008/12/21, 23:06:57
Jesus Christ, I can't believe I forgot to post this here.

For those wanting just those little funny tidbits of the movies, here are all four claymation scenes from the currently fansubbed releases of the first four movies:

Movie 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LLrAyEbKaU
Movie 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD9jm_isfuc
Movie 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4bjTapq8mI
Movie 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIjJFLSBHM

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 03:22:02 AM
IIRC Movie 5 should be out on DVD somewhen next week, most likely wednesday. Subs should be out close afterwards I guess, since gg-TakaJun so far released their encoded subs on the same day or one day after the actual DVD releas.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 06:15:04 AM
Saber. You just made my day.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 11:21:45 AM
They DVD's supposed to be out on either Wed or Thur. TakaJun should follow right after.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 25, 2009, 11:26:37 AM
Personally, I find it incredible that their subs are out so fast upon DVD release. How are they doing that? Probably translated the whole thing based on a camrip and pre-timed it based on that I'd guess.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 25, 2009, 11:36:48 AM
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that were the case. I know it's how some of the Static guys do some of their stuff, having had to hear BuBu lecturing them on that once. XD

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 31, 2009, 11:36:39 AM
The sub is finally out. Downloading it like my life depended on it.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 31, 2009, 12:26:17 PM
Ugh, I downloaded the raw for nothing, I was expecting some softsubs, oh well

Downloading it like my life depended on it.

this

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 12:34:10 PM
So am I.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 02:58:11 AM
The sub is finally out. Downloading it like my life depended on it.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 04:48:32 AM
Haven't been able to move along much on my download, due to being out with the laptop for almost the entire day.

Question: What the royal [tornado fang] did TakaJun do with this one? 1.66GB? Jesus [chameleon sting]ing Christ.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 05:10:36 AM
Yeah, I know. Luckily I have enough space. :P

I believe TakaJun-Garan no Dou only took 628 MB.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 08:53:57 AM
Question: What the royal [tornado fang] did TakaJun do with this one? 1.66GB? Jesus [chameleon sting]ing Christ.

Because it's TWO HOURS LONG. The other movies were only like 50 minutes.