OBJECTION MAN · 16944

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #50 on: July 14, 2010, 01:01:18 AM
As I said earlier, I loved the G-Launcher in X7.  But otherwise, he's just a watered-down hovering X who stole Trigger's tumble-dodge.  X8 is where they actually tried making him unique, at least compared to X and Zero.

I heard Bass got hit quite hard with the nerf bat in 10...
Well, to be fair, Inti hit EVERYONE with the nerf bat in their NES revivals.  Rock is back to MM2 mechanics and ProtoMan takes double damage/knockback (plus jumping to block will just never feel natural).  Even without double-jumping and half-strength wall-blocked shots, Bass is still pretty awesome.  He just demonstrates how new-age mechanics don't always fit seamlessly into old-age level/enemy/screen proportions.  That and I wish Inti didn't insist on adding a delay between dash and dash-jumping.  Never in any previous MegaMan title was such a lag enforced, and it screwed me up more than once.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 15, 2010, 07:11:23 AM
I heard Bass got hit quite hard with the nerf bat in 10... Stupid idea IMO. His easy mode faggotry is the reason we all loved playing him in the first place!
All they did was remove his double jump.

Also, giving Bass Gunstar Heroes firing options: god-tier character. Haven't played Axl enough to know if he is actually better than old Bass however. Just his X7 version. So my judgment on the two is even more clouded!
Axl in X8 works just like Bass in MM&B minus the double jump, and Plus a hover and air dash. (copy shot aside, which works much better than it did in X7)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 15, 2010, 10:54:08 PM
I like him but he didnt have much appearances. only X7,X8 and CM. Also as a cameo in Tatsunoko vs capcom ultimate all stars

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 02:38:43 AM
All they did was remove his double jump.
I'm pretty sure the dash-jump lag was not part of MM&B.

His shots are also half-strength to compensate for Rock's standard play no longer involving charging, and 10 has no upgrade to compensate either for that or for his inability to shoot through walls (MM&B gave you options for what to improve).  He still rocks many socks, though, so long as you stay grounded.  ...and you don't mind that he's an obvious Rock edit.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #54 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:01 PM
His shots are also half-strength to compensate for Rock's standard play no longer involving charging, and 10 has no upgrade to compensate either for that or for his inability to shoot through walls (MM&B gave you options for what to improve).

[objection!]

If you expend all of the Treble Boost's energy, you get access to the Mega Buster.  It's the same in all aspects, although you can't fire it while dashing.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Seru-kun

• Proud Roll-chan~ Fan!
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
    • BS-X Project
Reply #55 on: July 16, 2010, 10:11:35 PM
I always liked Axl, he's my favorite in the X series with Zero.
I really want a game that would be called "Megaman Axl".

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 17, 2010, 03:42:56 AM
ZX Advent may as well have been called that, except that it has Biometal.

If you expend all of the Treble Boost's energy, you get access to the Mega Buster.  It's the same in all aspects, although you can't fire it while dashing.
Treble Boost is awesome; I would never in my right mind sacrifice it to play as dash-capable Rock (doesn't work as a slide; Bass has no hitbox height reduction).

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 08:19:57 PM
You don't need to sacrifice it, you simply just don't get near Gospel after he teleports in. The same works for Blues.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 25, 2010, 05:20:13 AM
Point taken.  However, I do believe rapid-fire to be superior to run-shooting, so it really leaves only a midair advantage.