Mirby · 6408

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
on: June 29, 2010, 05:36:56 AM
And I wrote the bio! I feel I should link it since I wrote the bio and used the Timeline of X as a reference for the greater majority of it.

Zero's OCR Mascot Bio

I hope all that is correct...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:14:35 AM
Wow, pretty detailed stuff there! Gotta say, great job. Didn't even know they had a bio in OCRemix! :O

But, that part about Doctor Light's lab being in the Rocky Mountains...I should look that up again.

And technically, wouldn't it be Wily's lab since it has all the schematics for Zero and the virus? Unless Dr. Light wheeled it in himself...ugh, brain...overload... o//////o

With what you had, though, at least it sounds well written.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:54:05 AM
I never said that it was Light's lab he was in; I merely mentioned it was around the same area. And the Rocky Mountains are huge; I said "in or around" which is a several hundred mile radius.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 07:23:20 AM
*unleashes Zan all over this thread*

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:26:53 AM
Go ahead. Most of the info was from his timeline.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 01:55:46 PM
Go ahead. Most of the info was from his timeline.

Timeline is outdated and missing some info, but still accurate. However, you'd think people would be aware of the Zero Collection site's information in regards to Zero's backstory... guess I was wrong....

1XX years ago
    The birth of Zero

Zero was produced by Dr. Wily, who schemed at taking over the world. But he contained a flaw in his cognitive program that made him violent and unwilling to obey instructions, so Dr. Wily himself sealed Zero in a capsule.

1XX years ago
    Zero awakens

Receiving information of Zero awakening from his capsule and causing violence, the Maverick Hunter Sigma finds and intercepts him. during this incident, Sigma is infected by the unknown computer virus leaking out from Zero’s capsule, but at the same time Zero, having his armor damaged in the battle with Sigma, also becomes infected with the virus. Due to this, Zero’s personality completely changed, and he would turn to working as a Maverick Hunter.

He would be a fully playable character in all subsequent installments, including the Game Boy Color-exclusive Xtreme series.

Only Xtreme2. But that is the one chronologically after X3.

His power and abilities are much greater than that of X

After X1, this is rubbish.

During the events of Mega Man X5, he finally did what he was created to do, and fought X in a battle that was supposed to be to the death.
After the X series, he seals himself up for a century, only to be awakened in order to save the Resistance in the first Mega Man Zero game on Game Boy Advance.

Leaving X6 out of things is just plain wrong. X7+ too, but on a lesser note, as it is X6 that ties into Rockman Zero. And you made the incorrect assumption that the sealing leads directly to Energy Crisis incident; after more than 50 years its interrupted by Elf Wars, Zero's copy body and yet another one hundred year seal.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:29:50 PM
That's what I thought, but when I tried to mention things from those games, the bio project directors told me not to. So I kept it out and kept the barebones summary of X5.

As for the energy crisis sealing, all I meant was that he sealed himself. I'll see if I can get it fixed so it says something like "A while" or something. If Zero-series Zero becomes a mascot in the future, I'll write that bio and include this stuff.

I'll also see if I can fix a few of the other things. I'm not sure if I can after it's been posted, but meh.

And X6 was mentioned! As the game the image is from! :P

Even if it's not fixed, it's meant as a basic intro for someone who hasn't really played the games before anyways, so even though some facts may be a tad bit incorrect, they're still close enough to the truth that the average person wouldn't know the difference.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:35:30 PM
And X6 was mentioned! As the game the image is from! :P

Except that is X5 art.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 09:39:22 PM
As for the energy crisis sealing, all I meant was that he sealed himself. I'll see if I can get it fixed so it says something like "A while" or something. If Zero-series Zero becomes a mascot in the future, I'll write that bio and include this stuff.

You should simply say that Zero sealed himself for 102 years. Leave the ZERO-series out of it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:13 PM
Okay, I requested a fix.

However, I felt that since Zero 2 is in the Appearances list (I tried to keep it out, but they wouldn't let me) I should mention it at the very least.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 01:14:58 AM
I admit that an "agenda" red-flag comes up with the Appearance list ending at X5, but I believe their logic is that they are listing only games which feature remixes on the website.  So I wouldn't heckle them into removing any games from that; rather we ought to heckle them into remixing some post-X6 music. >U<

Likewise, I'd feel no particular obligation to base your profile on which games are featured.

I never said that it was Light's lab he was in; I merely mentioned it was around the same area. And the Rocky Mountains are huge; I said "in or around" which is a several hundred mile radius.
While technically permissible in light of X6, I still think the implication there can be very misleading.  Light doesn't really have anything to do with that statement and can thus be left out of it.  Assuming ZC's timeline (which was taken down) cannot be un-seen, there's a strong implication that the lab they found Zero in was the same one he woke up in.  To claim otherwise you'd have to really twist the timeline text around.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 01:18:12 AM
That's exactly their agenda, Hypershell. Hence Zero 2 being in the list as well.

And they are remixing post-X6 music via the Maverick Rising album project.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 06:44:48 PM
What the hell? No one picked JAKOB?? Criminal. I'm also saddened by the lack of X7 intro highway stage.

I'd really like to hear a Rainy Turtloid remix too.

I guess it's all going to be super techno and remixes that resemble nothing of the original pieces anyway, since it's OCR. Sigh.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 08:45:57 PM
Nope, there's a wide variety of genres covered, and there are also some tracks that aren't listed there in the works.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 03:48:55 AM
I guess it's all going to be super techno and remixes that resemble nothing of the original pieces anyway, since it's OCR. Sigh.
Well, it's not as if OCR butchers EVERYTHING in their albums.  There's...

............Malicious Fingers.

Okay, that's pretty much it.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 03:56:21 AM
Am I sensing some OCR hate here?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 04:02:20 AM
Not hate, just the general "90% of everything is crap" logic.  I believe we went over this when some rumors were flying around about them wanting to do one of those classic revival soundtracks (Sonic or MegaMan?  I forget).  OCR occasionally dishes out some nice listening music, but not consistently.  And usually their hits are sit-down-and-listen music; exceedingly rarely have I known them to create anything that is passable as in-game music.  There is a difference.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 04:04:36 AM
Well, I suppose it's a good thing that they don't make in-game music. Except for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD ReMix... but still.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 04:07:36 AM
Indeed.  OBJECTION MAN makes a valid point in that most anything that pops up on there and DOES resemble the original piece gets struck down.  OCR in general tends to favor very loose and complex derivatives, as if that's somehow what is required to create something pleasant to listen to.  I often cite Darkesword's Beamsaber Beat v1 as an example (ironic that I wind up defending a piece of work to its own author).  It was awesome, they rejected it, v2 was somehow even MORE awesome, and they finally took it with a lukewarm and highly critical attitude.

I still say it kicks the [parasitic bomb] out of any other SNES X-series remix, especially fan-based.  And I normally don't even like medleys.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 04:19:50 AM
I like that track.

And I find the source material to be prevalent in a good majority of what gets posted...

If you don't want to have to deal with the OCR judges panel, there's mixes over at this old Dwelling of Duels mirror and ReMix: ThaSauce as well. Now that VGMix is down, of course...

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 04:42:17 AM
Not hate, just the general "90% of everything is crap" logic.  I believe we went over this when some rumors were flying around about them wanting to do one of those classic revival soundtracks (Sonic or MegaMan?  I forget).  OCR occasionally dishes out some nice listening music, but not consistently.  And usually that's sit-down-and-listen music; exceedingly rarely have I known them to create anything that is passable as in-game music.  There is a difference.
See: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYuMWPeTnM[/youtube]
They've been trusted to make SF HD Remix before, and although I wouldn't say it's 0% crap or even 10%, they do belt out something like this for an album. It's just music you've just gotta readjust yourself to in order to have it in your game.
 [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjyQqjKAWw[/youtube]
And even if they don't have a game in mind, they still can make fitting music.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 05:00:45 AM
Well, I suppose it's a good thing that they don't make in-game music. Except for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD ReMix... but still.

A TERRIBLE game sound track I might add.

I often cite Darkesword's Beamsaber Beat v1 as an example (ironic that I wind up defending a piece of work to its own author).  It was awesome, they rejected it, v2 was somehow even MORE awesome, and they finally took it with a lukewarm and highly critical attitude.

I still say it kicks the [parasitic bomb] out of any other SNES X-series remix, especially fan-based.  And I normally don't even like medleys.

Truth. I knew Darkesword. He gave me the voiceless version when he submitted it to OCR. I thought it was complete bull that it got rejected the first time. It may have been techno but it beat the [parasitic bomb] out of just about everything else there.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout