• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 03:16:58 AM
THAT'S IT

THIS DOOR IS GOING DOWN

That's about where I closed it.
Did I get anyone to help with visuals? Nope, had to pull it off with words and sounds, by myself. So unless I pull some crazy-ass talent and use sprites or something to make this into a dramatic abridge, more-amount-of-dialogue-than-necessary stays. Besides, had to keep it clean. Zero may be dark, but saying something like " [tornado fang] it! I'm not putting up with this...I went through hell and back for this mission, and I'm not stopping now!" would be a bit much.

Anyway, given the situation, I think some jabs at the predicament wouldn't be too far-fetched. Compared to what I've originally written, it's a load off itself from being too morbid. And I do promise, the other episodes, once there are more than 2 main characters, show up, things will kick in gear!

...Of course, given how long to make it, you might not see another episode. I think some of the actors bailed out on me, so unless I have some support, I don't think I'll keep this up much longer.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 04:27:45 AM
meh.

It's okay.

I closed it as soon as they got to the door though, and the only reason why I didn't close it then was because the huffing and puffing from ciel sounded erotic, but it's okay. You'll be doing dub fans a huge favor though.

Revolutionary

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 05:11:10 AM
Did I get anyone to help with visuals? Nope, had to pull it off with words and sounds, by myself. So unless I pull some crazy-ass talent and use sprites or something to make this into a dramatic abridge, more-amount-of-dialogue-than-necessary stays. Besides, had to keep it clean. Zero may be dark, but saying something like " [tornado fang] it! I'm not putting up with this...I went through hell and back for this mission, and I'm not stopping now!" would be a bit much.

Anyway, given the situation, I think some jabs at the predicament wouldn't be too far-fetched. Compared to what I've originally written, it's a load off itself from being too morbid. And I do promise, the other episodes, once there are more than 2 main characters, show up, things will kick in gear!

...Of course, given how long to make it, you might not see another episode. I think some of the actors bailed out on me, so unless I have some support, I don't think I'll keep this up much longer.

Visuals were not a problem. It was the lines that some characters said.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 06:22:01 AM
Ciel sounded.. A little... Dead in the emotions department..

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #29 on: August 02, 2010, 01:09:52 PM
R-Type Delta music? <3 I like where this is going. >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 01:44:24 PM
A new hope....didn´t hear that one before.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 01:47:29 PM
General rule with all fandubs. I've actually never seen a good one in my whole life.

Not the fans' fault. I do congratulate them in their efforts, but the problem is, they're not voice actors. So the result is never good.

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 06:02:51 PM
R-Type Delta music? <3 I like where this is going. >U<
Just wait until the first attack on the base with the drill tank. Stage 3 all the way! And Mega Man Zero 2, Leviathan's second stage...gonna be "Fantastic"!

A new hope....didn´t hear that one before.
An intentional jab, for the "Calm down, you have hibernation sickness" bit. Heck, the intro of the game reeks cheese. Now, let's see what didn't make the cut...
-Ciel SCREAMING "Passsssssssssssyyyy!"
-Zero's dialogue before entering the door, replaced by a giant middle finger with the door panel blowing up
-Voices where they shouldn't have (though, I ran out of room for that one. You can see where they were when I was handing out scripts a while back)
-Ciel calling Zero's gun a "buster", although I'm PRETTY sure he just swiped it off a dead soldier and have it adapted by his systems

General rule with all fandubs. I've actually never seen a good one in my whole life.

Not the fans' fault. I do congratulate them in their efforts, but the problem is, they're not voice actors. So the result is never good.
Eh, take what you can get. I only had about 5 females audition on the Voice Actor's Alliance, and Ciel's understudy is the same voice of Leviathan. Only difference here, I'm rewriting it to how an English speaker would say things, rather than using in-game dialogue, which STILL has spelling errors in the Collection. Nevertheless, that's mostly going to kick in when I have Fefnir and Leviathan in the scene.

Though I have to admit, I guess my Scott McNeil scratchiness wasn't really a good idea, but they're just extras ^^; Only 4 people sent them in anyway.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 09:52:12 PM
You know how people who love original voices cringe so much at regular, professional dubs and stuff?

Those guys are PROFESSIONAL, do what's pretty much an amazing job with small tones, sounds and fluidity, and still they get quite alot of criticism for their voices.

Any amateur, no matter how close the voice is to this or that, can not compare to anything regarding quality. Specially with home recording equipment, crappy headsets and stuff like that.

But I say keep doing it. You're putting good work into it, and that's what matters.

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 04:30:09 AM
Here's a small update on the project so far:

Currently, episode 2 is almost out of the pre-production phase, as I have almost all of the characters' lines in ready to mix...however, my current Zero VA, Koichi Saito and his understudy Ry-Guy, are AWOL with their own projects and lives. Thus, if anyone is interested in auditioning for Zero in this project, here's the audition thread:

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?t=60534

And if any of you are close to Lucas Gilbertson...now's your chance to show him this!

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 05:16:44 AM
I think we should let someone else try to voice zero >,>;

As much as I love Mr. Gibertson, I'd like other people to have a chance at voicing zero.
Not to mention how hard it would be to talk to him, and how much trouble it would be to do recordings on his own. >~<;

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 05:35:57 AM
Try telling that to some of the people here. Ever since that MMX4 fandub sprung up, that's now official evidence to the fans he can show up anywhere. But he has expressed interest in the Zero series: he at least did voice clips for Omega, which is very cool.

Nonetheless, Zero doesn't have to be voiced by Lucas Gilbertson...but his counterpart, Johnny Young Bosch... >^< Anyone else please, even though it makes perfect sense for MvC3!

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 05:41:09 AM
=w=;; 

Mr. Bosh would be even more unlikely to do a fandub.
Also, I don't think anyone "here" would mind somebody other than Mr. Gibertson voicing Zero. ^^;

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 05:58:10 AM
Which brings me back to my point (sorry for wasting space, Vixy  -u-' ): If anyone on this forum would like to audition for Zero, they are free to send me those lines on the link to my buddy Brandon McAllister (his email in the link), or me via madmanx@comcast.net.

And if you're a fanboy with good publicity and you want to shoehorn Lucas in, be my guest. Not that I have any hope to begin with, MUCH less with JYB (who DEFINITELY has too much screentime...seriously, is the power of Britannia not good enough!?  >8| )

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 09:14:19 AM
Lucas IS Zero

The end.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 11:30:42 AM
Lucas IS Zero

The end.
Am I seriously the only person who thinks he's not that good as Zero?
Meh.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 04:10:00 PM
Yes.  In fact, I'm gonna quote OBJECTION MAN, just 'cuz it's true:

Lucas IS Zero

The end.

That said, a fandub is a fandub, we kinda expect that a no-name will take the role of Zero.  So, good luck.

Ever since that MMX4 fandub sprung up, that's now official evidence to the fans he can show up anywhere.
Well, he did ONE cutscene, plus your varying RPM quotes, for the fun of it.  The rest of X4 was just me screwing with X8/XCM rips.

There's a big difference between that and dedicating oneself to a full project.  If we could get him to do that, I'd still be pestering people about redubbing the rest of X4's videos.  *shrugs*

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 04:41:11 PM
Urgh, I only managed to get through half of the first episode. I couldn't bear any more, Zero's just talking too much trash.

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 04:40:46 AM
Did I mention that a new writer's on board-

*shot*

...no, seriously, he's better than me by a mile! Thanks to him, you won't have Zero with a cheesy superpowerful "dark side", Harpuia won't be a Mary Sue, and Fefnir will have the least amount of Woolseyism as possible! (Okay, that last one's on me.)

As for the first episode, there's no doubt I'll have to revisit it. Visuals are a mess, and dialogue should have been cleaned up...If I gathered up more support. That said, characterization marches on. And by characterization, I mean deconstruction.

There's a big difference between that and dedicating oneself to a full project.  If we could get him to do that, I'd still be pestering people about redubbing the rest of X4's videos.  *shrugs*

Amen to that, but I doubt only an actor could make it fully redeemable. I suggest a script overhaul. Am I the only one who thought an echo should have been used on that iconic line, rather than a big word shout?

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 04, 2010, 05:44:46 PM
As for the first episode, there's no doubt I'll have to revisit it. Visuals are a mess, and dialogue should have been cleaned up...If I gathered up more support. That said, characterization marches on. And by characterization, I mean deconstruction.

Cleaned up is maybe a little too weak a word to use for this. I mean seriously, Ciel shouting "[parasitic bomb]!" ? That absolutely does not match my view of her as a character and person. Her cursing simply doesn't fit her persona at all. She's the soft-spoken type of girl.

As for Zero, he doesn't really talk a lot normally, in the Zero series at least. He was a lot more chatty up to X4, but since then he's become more of the strong silent type, even more so than he already was. He's the kind of guy who only talks when it's necessary.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 08:52:47 PM
I guess I'll let anyone who was wondering why this hasn't progressed in so long: MadManX has canned the project, citing problems with the video footage aspect of it.

I'm sad to see it go. While there were some rough spots in the first video, it was to be a long project, so it would likely have gotten better over time. At the same time, though, I'm not surprised that it has stopped. It was a very ambitious project. I respect that ambition, though.

And I'm especially sad it stopped before I even got to debut. I was recast as Zero for the second episode. I'll probably put up all my lines some time down the line.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.