Alternative torrent

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 05:01:10 AM
thankyouthankyoouthankyou

Posted on: December 06, 2008, 11:12:18 AM
wow. I love this. I love Jack Battle. hmmm... if this actually covers the first story arc, then its missing 1 or two tracks...
but otherwise, still pretty solid.

Posted on: December 07, 2008, 01:16:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoPPCEJsSao&feature=channel_page
its amazing how fandubs are often better than real dubs.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 02:44:42 AM
They often fit the characters beyond perfection! That's why it make me sad when they can't act what-so-ever.

Though I am pleased with this exception!

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 09:40:29 PM
Serious developments taking place. God, I love this series so much...

Now that Carly is "dead" and got revived as a Dark Signer, I'm looking forward to a lot of serious character interaction between her and Jack. For once, it would really seem there's an actual love story involved in the plot, the preceeding series never got that far >__>

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 02:02:04 AM
I dont know... but there seems something "off" about Carly becoming a dark signer... Im not sure... [spoiler=next ep info]Then theres Misty, who apparently was a drak signer for a long time from what ive seen... and I dont think that just ANYBODY can become a dark signer... either theres some kind of requirement, such as you die with a vengance, which is the case with Kiryu,(apparently he died somehow...) Carly, and I think Misty, as theres a scene with her being wheeled in a stretcher to the emergency room in a hospital, and you see that kind of "dead" shineless look in her eyes, when this black lizard looking thing materializes in front of her as reflected in her eye, and lunges at her, "eating" her as it were... Misty seemingly has a grudge with Aki i think, like Kiryu with Yusei, and Carly with Divine... and Im guessing the head of the Dark signers has a grudge with Godwin, which wouldnt be surprising... but im still not sure what the exact requirements for being a dark signer are... if there are any besides dying and having a grudge... because Carly doesnt have the makings of a signer OR a dark signer. Signers are from what it seems, chosen depending on if they rightfully own the corresponding dragon card, and are most likely reincarnations of the people of the stars whom they saw in the vision during the fortune cup. something tells me that Misty has something to do with Carly becoming a dark signer...[/spoiler]

also, Im wondering how 4shits will change the whole fact of Carly essentially being tossed out a window from a skyscraper and hitting the ground below. especially seeing as they SHOW her dead body at the bottom, with the single card falling on her neck.
we all know 4shits gets rid of ANY indication of death in yugioh. in the original they abused the notion of the Shadow realm in order to replace dying, and GX, im not so sure, as I dont like it anyway.

also, if Carly STAYS dead and evil for the remainder of the Dark Signers arc and never recovers, I will be severely dissapointed.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 12:56:17 PM
also, Im wondering how 4shits will change the whole fact of Carly essentially being tossed out a window from a skyscraper and hitting the ground below. especially seeing as they SHOW her dead body at the bottom, with the single card falling on her neck.
we all know 4shits gets rid of ANY indication of death in yugioh. in the original they abused the notion of the Shadow realm in order to replace dying, and GX, im not so sure, as I dont like it anyway.

Already noted that to Harry (Sonic), she'll most likely fall into a shadow vortex half way through the fall and the background of the scene of her lying dead on the street will be changed to her driving in the Shadow Realm or somehing. Or maybe they'll skip the fall althougher and upon being beaten, she's sent to the Shadow Realm.

also, if Carly STAYS dead and evil for the remainder of the Dark Signers arc and never recovers, I will be severely dissapointed.

Nah, Jack's most likely to rescue her. I really DO hope that Yu-Gi-Oh! for once gets a decent romance sub-plot, since all over sub-plots of that kind in the past have been utter fail as they never really developed at all (Yugi/Anzu, Jyonouchi/Mai, Kaiba/Ishizu (though that one was most likely only fandom implied) or Judai/Asuka). Yusei/Aki is already somewhat promising, but I kind of see more potential regarding Jack and Carly.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 05:20:35 AM
yknow, upon further analyzation of the intro, I realize Dark Carly is actually in the intro. shes in the part where they show all the Dark Signers. shes the one with the Orange lining on her hood, right after the candle flame.

Posted on: December 21, 2008, 21:38:56
Relevant.
HE LIIIVES!

Posted on: December 21, 2008, 10:46:21 PM
http://yumeoidaku.info/Tarot/21/Atogaki01T.png

also,
http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/5153080/
do want.
though I fear 4shits might meddle with it... I hope not... IT BETTER HAVE A LANGUAGE SWITCH OPTION!

saw part 3 of episode 39... (no subs, but its mostly dueling anyway... you can pretty much tell whats going on...)
[spoiler]
when Carly Fell out the window, I think she landed on top of one of the nazca lines that had dissapeared... It was like, right in the spot she landed. so, it got her. but it seems she doesnt stay in her dark mode? when she beats Divine, and the whole building starts collapsing, and she walking on the roof, all confused as to what she was doing with the crazy outfit and the duel disk and the birthmark. and then she suddenly remembers and starts crying. I could be wrong about the lines thing... but Ill have to wait for subs.[/spoiler]

Offline Helpfulfan

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 01:55:29 AM
Yep, but sadly I can't find the sub anywhere except on YouTube quality. >> Well, I'll have to stream it then, looks like we won't be seeing any cameos from the past series anytime soon. (ala Yugi appearing in the first ep of GX)

You might want to try Tnkp. That's the fansub group for the show.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 27, 2008, 08:35:57 AM
You might want to try Tnkp. That's the fansub group for the show.

That answer was given the same day Gaia asked about it. You might want to pay more attention to the responses given to other people's questions.

Anyway, just saw 38. Am I the only one who thinks that D. Carly is kinda awesome? Well, her deck doesn't seem to be that cool (I was expecting more DARK monsters like the other Dark Signers (both fake and real) used so far, but that may still come), but I like her behavior and look. Oh, and yay for more Aki duelling. She needs more screentime, period.

Also :O @ Bommer being in the episode.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 27, 2008, 08:43:25 AM
wait, what? I seem to have missed Bombers presence before... also, I dont want Dark Carly. shes awesome, but no. :(

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 27, 2008, 08:46:19 AM
Check again, at 15:55. He's still in Security custody, apparently being transported to the prison Yusei was in at the beginning of the series.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 01:43:51 AM
Oh wait, yeah. i remember now. he was like, In a truck or something right?

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 07:52:22 PM
Good lord...just saw 39. 5D's is seriously beating the crap out of Duel Monsters and GX as of now. Also yay for even more Aki next episode.

Archer

Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 04:42:01 AM
5D's is seriously beating the crap out of Duel Monsters and GX as of now.
...When wasn't it?  ???

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 02:26:21 PM
...When wasn't it?  ???

Valid point, but as of now, 5D's has also overtaken DM in my personal rating and has rocketed sky high up to fifth place.

Hot damn, I can't wait for Jack to meet D. Carly.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 18, 2009, 04:16:19 AM
Lol,

So whats Abraham Lincoln doing in Yugioh? 8D

Archer

Reply #41 on: January 18, 2009, 05:18:28 AM
Lol,

So whats Abraham Lincoln doing in Yugioh? 8D
Meh. He ain't Lincoln without the hat.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 07:00:35 AM

Posted on: January 18, 2009, 07:54:15
just watched ep. 41.
Man, I almost started to cry.
it also makes me cry more that 4shits is going to ruin those kinds of moments.
but I digress.
jeez that soundtrack is just amazing.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 09:44:18 PM
just watched ep. 41.
Man, I almost started to cry.

In all honesty, repeating myself from what I wrote over at MyAnimeList, I thought 40 and 41 were incredibly cheaply written. It almost feels like the director doesn't like Aki to have her chararacter develop in such a totally stupid way. I actually thought that her backstory would be somewhat original, but instead it's kinda generic, not to mention I think I've never seen such a moronic father in anime than Izayoi Hideo. What father calls his seven year old daughter a monster? Or even hits such a small girl? And then, at the very end, as if to simply wrap the entire thing up at last, she has a 180 degree change of heart and goes from "I no longer need you" to "I love you" within 3 minutes.

Not to mention I couldn't help but laugh that her mother was just standing around, doing nothing, as if she wasn't even part of the plot. Oh, and yet again, every episode Aki has major involvement in has crappy animations. 40 more so than 41, but the latter still had incredibly badly drawn in-betweeners.

I should note that this wasn't even a quick camera turn or anything, but actually a zoom out in normal speed from Yusei in the background to Aki's father in the foreground and it stayed like this the entire time. WTF?

I sure as hell hope that Aki will continue to develop further in the future and this isn't everything we'll get for the rest of the series. I'm hoping for more development between Yusei and Aki (if Jack does, why not the MAIN main character?) as well as the stuff regarding Divine and the Arcadia Movement. I seriously doubt he's dead. There's still the stuff he told Lua about using Psycho Duelists to take over the world and I'm hoping that the little hyperactic wannabe-Signer starts remembering to tell her about that soon.

Now excuse me, I'll go watch the raw of 42.

EDIT Episode 42:

Seriously, Aki smiling happily is creeping me out. It so doesn't suit her. She needs to be angsty and emo, what the hell are the writers doing to her? Other than that, not much happening this episode, mainly recap/filler, but unlike the previous series, the characters at least narrate and discuss the events instead of getting to hear the same dialogue all over again several times. Also Aki is now aware of what the Arcadia Movement has done, at least that they were taking children in and forced them on their development of Psycho Dueling powers. They're also still dodging the question of who the fifth Signer is, but I think chances are highter that it's Godwin rather than Lua. They also confirmed what everybody already knew, Dark Signers are all already dead.

Also next episode, Atlas Punch [tornado fang] yeah.

And on the random note, I just saw something on Janime which I didn't want to see, it's a magazine scan about the Wheelie Breakers game for the Wii:

Luca and Aki riding D-Wheels, I pray to God that that's only for the game and won't be included in the anime... also shows what I meant about Aki smiling...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 31, 2009, 04:36:36 AM
Its the eyebrows.
also, holy... I didnt notice that cheap screen before! but now that I pay attention, your right! what the hell happened there? XD
also, yeah, I hope that it doesnt go to the anime, (and chances are it wont until some other season, but I think the game looks fun, IMO.

yeah Im pretty sure it IS Godwin actually. FEX, he has a artificial arm, and a real one inside this... thing,( what episode was it? i dont remember) and the real one has a birthmark if I recall correctly. though If I also recall, "his" birthmark is on the wrong arm.

Posted on: January 24, 2009, 03:35:40
just watched 42. hm. Dark Signers cannot go back to being normal people? something tells me that Carly is going to be the exception... unlike the other Dark Signers, she isnt all hellbent on Revenge. but then again, she already got it. :P (the one time I actually supported the Dark Signers. nothing was more satisfying than seeing Divine plunge to his much deserved doom.
Carly also showd signs that she went back to being normal Carly after her battle, while other Dark Signers, after they "awaken" cant go back to normal and keep the black eye thing... hmmm... like she developed an alter ego... hmmm... this is starting to remind me of Dartz's henchmen in that Waking the draons yugioh arc, what with the "inescapable force field" thing, and the loser basically loses their soul/dies... which means that one or two of the Dark signers, (or maybe just Carly) might go back to normal.
anyway,
how the hell did Kiryu die anyway? they keep saying he did, but they never specify how. all we see is Yusei wrestling him into the oncoming security cars, although if that was the cause, then Yusei would be dead too...

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 11:40:47 AM
You know what pissed me off the most about 42? It had superb animation quality. Good animation and recap episodes usually don't go side by side. I don't get these guys...

Anyway, I personally think that Misty will have a hand in fueling further hatred in Carly. And that hatred will be about Jack and this kind of "hatred" was already there before she died. Jack stole her heart and then simply left. To her, he willingly did that and then dumped her, although Jack simply didn't want to involve her in dangerous matters.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 01:01:27 PM
so yeah. the plot thickens. :P looks like its go time eh?
hm! I sense romantic tension between Ushio and that short haired chick who used to be Jack's assistant.
on second thought, she has the hots for Jack... so maybe not. though in Yugioh, anythings possible.
I must say though, I disagre with Godwins comment on Dark Signers being souls of the dead awakened to their powers.
OBJECTION.
Yami yugi was also a soul of the dead with powers, and he sure as hell wasnt an evil sonof a [sonic slicer] like that.. although he WAS rather violent when he was first awakened... (Yugioh the original sries aka season 0)
looks like Crows gone now too then. didnt expect it at all really. Jager really bothers me with that laugh of his.
we havent seen much of carly either. I wonder whats going on with her. will they first find her as "evil Carly" or confused scared Carly? and for that matter, so the Dark signers have started up Old momentum? explains the intro somewhat... with the negative rotation and all...

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 12:21:21 PM
Well well, that duel between Yusei and Rudger was sure interesting. Though in my opinion, there was a little too much revealed and all. Rudger actually being Godwin's brother...well, I actually can see the resemblance. And the way he pulled himself out of the danger, it was to be expected, afterall he's the leader of the Dark Signers and it was way too early to fight the final battle. And now Rally and Martha are dead. I feel sorry for Matha, she was such an awesome character, the way she was treating Jack and Yusei was just hilarious, I would have loved to see her do that to Godwin.

The final scene also kind of took my breath for a second when all Dark Signers appeared. I was waiting for Jack to go "WTF! Carly!", but too bad, she had her hood covering her face. They are really stalling that revelation and I can't wait for it. And now, we have the last of the scenes from the ED becoming reality with Lua facing that other Dark Signer who has Ancient Fairy Dragon next week. Surely will be interesting.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 08:26:16 PM
Rudger actually being Godwin's brother...

^ I havent even seen 46 yet, yet this is absolutely NO surprise at all.
I mean, come on, they practically look exactly the same minus hair lengths. that plus the obvious

Rex- leader of the signers
Rudger- leader of the dark signers

plus the "hate" that rud has for Rex. it all pointed to the obvious conclusion.

Posted on: February 20, 2009, 19:01:21
Yknow, I was thinking about Ushio.
ooooh if Yugi could see him now... XD

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 08:43:53 PM
Not too much happening in 47, except that Jack now knows Carly's a Dark Signer and that the Signers need to activate some safety switches to disable the old Momentum, which they need to defeat their Dark Signer rival for. Now, shall I recally expect that Lua can beat Demak by himself?

Have I ever stated how much I love these two?