Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
on: November 30, 2008, 04:41:24 AM
This is now the PMM topic, just like the MMN one before it. ^^

This message shows up on the front page.

Yeah, we're still here, in spirit anyway. I'm sure you've been wondering why PMM is currently a parent directory. Well, we had a server switch and I some things went slightly awry during transfer.

It's been a long time since I've done any tinkering and such, and so for a while, this is what the main page will look like. I'm getting ahold of who I need to so we can get the REAL main page back up and running.

At this point I won't promise anything else except restoring functionality and the site to what it previously was. Right now I still don't feel like working on the site and will make updates when a new staff takes over or new work is beginning. Thanks for your patience.

Can't wait to see it in orbit again. >w<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 04:45:02 AM
So wait Planet Megaman is coming back too?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 05:18:17 AM
I forgot all about PMM.

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 05:31:11 AM
PMM was how I originally got into the rockman community. Back around BN4's japanese release, actually, I think.
Anyway, I pretty much gave up hope on PMM after they had that thing where they overthrew Pheonix. I suppose it'd be nice if they came back.

...what?

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 05:33:49 AM
I've never heard of PMM until just now.

I might have found it on google a few times looking for fanart when I was younger.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 05:33:53 AM
Can't remember what my first Megaman community was.

PMM was the only one, though I visited (and only visited) Rockman.EXE Online back when there was a series worth following.

Megaman Network has been good for multimedia and other content, though. Unlike PMM, which, lately, has just been...kinda...there. For whatever cliques exist there.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 05:46:45 AM
Hmm.. I remember I used to troll Mega Man fansites before I found Sprites Inc, RPM, PMM and Atomic Fire altogether. (Most were hosted on free website hosters, I remember the one that had a Sonic NetNavi once that starred in a comic)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 05:55:42 AM
I'm not sure whether to be excited or not.  All that is gonna be restored is the functionality.  PMM will just be lingering.  Until they actually start restoring content and making recognizeable progress on the site, it's downright comatose to me. 

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 07:02:47 AM
I dunno why they're even in anyone's affiliates list anymore.  They haven't updated anything beyond promising to update for years.

They only said they're restoring functionality. He seems to be saying he won't be doing anything until the new staff does something.   And the new staff seems to be waiting for ZXP to lend his full support before doing anything (said so in the old forum).  So nobody actually plans to do anything but restore the site's layout.

I wish they'd either make a dramatic return or just let someone else have the PMM name.  I occasionally feel bad about the way things ended between ZXP and myself.  But looking at this, I remember the frustration I felt as part of the PMM staff.

Edit: I literally begged him to restore the site before the big staff revolt happened.  I remember quite well the frustration.  Seeing PMM still promising things just reminds me of those times.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 07:07:19 AM
Hmm.. I remember I used to troll Mega Man fansites before I found Sprites Inc, RPM, PMM and Atomic Fire altogether. (Most were hosted on free website hosters, I remember the one that had a Sonic NetNavi once that starred in a comic)

I remember seeing a Shadow.EXE, now that you mention that.

Ugh, they made a comic out of it? I'd just use it as an identity and leave it at that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 08:55:12 AM
I dunno why they're even in anyone's affiliates list anymore.  They haven't updated anything beyond promising to update for years.

They only said they're restoring functionality. He seems to be saying he won't be doing anything until the new staff does something.   And the new staff seems to be waiting for ZXP to lend his full support before doing anything (said so in the old forum).  So nobody actually plans to do anything but restore the site's layout.

I wish they'd either make a dramatic return or just let someone else have the PMM name.  I occasionally feel bad about the way things ended between ZXP and myself.  But looking at this, I remember the frustration I felt as part of the PMM staff.

Edit: I literally begged him to restore the site before the big staff revolt happened.  I remember quite well the frustration.  Seeing PMM still promising things just reminds me of those times.

Man o man, the drama involved in a lot of this just totally blows my mind.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 10:03:17 AM
Indeed.  Which is why I'd rather PMM finally call it quits and go out with a bang so that drama can finally be put behind us.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 12:18:19 PM
Huh...I honestly don't see anything happening to this "site" in the near future anymore. The last true update the site had was like, three or four years ago, wasn't it? IIRC there also wasn't too much going on on the forums either, with most people migrating to other communities like MMN, Capcom Unity and here.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what's with MMN lately?

Offline Syl

• Cyberelf
  • Public Enemy #3
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 04:24:59 PM

Yeah, Heat suggested we just take them off since they haven't done anything in such a long time. There have been plans of ZXP giving the site to someone else, but it keeps falling apart because he decides he wants to do something with it... And nothing ever happens.

Also, that was a very crazy week.

Quote from: Saber
Speaking of which, does anyone know what's with MMN lately?
We were under the suspicion our whole server got wiped, and then two days ago we were told only the username for our FTP had been erased (which isn't true since the system tells us the username still exists). So now we're waiting on more replies from DreamHost while looking at other hosting plans... We managed to get a temp thing going on Heat's webspace: http://tmmn.bumpheli.com/

Hopefully we'll be back up 100% within the next month.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 07:26:38 PM
Well best of luck to MMN's recovery. 

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 07:46:03 PM
Man o man, the drama involved in a lot of this just totally blows my mind.
*sigh*  yeah.  It was a stressful time for me, PMM regardless. 

But that's that's the last thing that ever happened with PMM.  It's hard to talk PMM without talking about the last thing PMM was known for.  I even warned him that the staff was getting really upset too, you know.  Even if we didn't part on the best terms, if they came back full force we'd have something different to discuss, at least.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 07:55:37 PM
So, from what I'm gathering, this ZXP guy is the one holding the rights, name, etc. to Planet MegaMan.  Well, if the staff all kinda got along (I'm not sure), and they all wanted to revamp Planet MegaMan, in theory, couldn't you just do it and name it something different, like Galaxy MegaMan, MegaMan Nebula, Sailor Scout Roll-Chan, or something?  I mean, I don't know if it's worth the time and effort to everyone involved, but if the name is the only issue and everyone involved wanted to do it, then I see no reason why it couldn't be done under a different name. 

However, I don't know everything that went on, so this is just based on what I know.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 09:45:39 PM
So, from what I'm gathering, this ZXP guy is the one holding the rights, name, etc. to Planet MegaMan.  Well, if the staff all kinda got along (I'm not sure), and they all wanted to revamp Planet MegaMan, in theory, couldn't you just do it and name it something different, like Galaxy MegaMan, MegaMan Nebula, Sailor Scout Roll-Chan, or something?  I mean, I don't know if it's worth the time and effort to everyone involved, but if the name is the only issue and everyone involved wanted to do it, then I see no reason why it couldn't be done under a different name. 

However, I don't know everything that went on, so this is just based on what I know.
ZXP = Zero X Phoenix (name stuck with me), but he's probably better known as Lord Phoenix now.

In the end, that's what happened.  I was in charge of the forum, so I just concentrated on my own, but Heat made Atomic Fire with the rest of the PMM staff that did stuff and later merged with MMN.  In the end, the current staff of PMM could probably do exactly the same thing if they wanted to.  Although it would defeat the purpose of "bringing back Planet Megaman".

In theory someone could just open up a new "Planet Megaman" site too since it's hardly an origional name. 

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 09:48:59 PM
There is also a Rockman Network on Asian territories. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 09:57:59 PM
In the end, that's what happened.  I was in charge of the forum, so I just concentrated on my own, but Heat made Atomic Fire with the rest of the PMM staff that did stuff and later merged with MMN.  In the end, the current staff of PMM could probably do exactly the same thing if they wanted to.  Although it would defeat the purpose of "bringing back Planet Megaman".

In theory someone could just open up a new "Planet Megaman" site too since it's hardly an origional name. 

Ahhh, okay.  So pretty much, that is what happened for the most part.  It should be renamed Planet Blues or Planet Protoman anyway!   8D

Also, and no offense, but man this would make a hilarious Fanfic/Story/Movie!   8)

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 10:17:49 PM
Ahhh, okay.  So pretty much, that is what happened for the most part.  It should be renamed Planet Blues or Planet Protoman anyway!   8D

Also, and no offense, but man this would make a hilarious Fanfic/Story/Movie!   8)
Heh, well, it's interesting in a nerdy way, I suppose.  "How to kill a website 101".  PMM brings back frustrating memories, but I can see it from the outside too now.

I recently had a small uprising on my own forums too.  But it's not as big as PMM because I didn't let it kill everything.  That's the big difference and why I'm still rolling my eyes up at this.  People keep saying "I can't wait for PMM to be back", but when I went through the same thing nobody had to say that.  Because I never left.   -_-

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 10:23:16 PM
This is a good reason why one would run their own place.
Gives you more freedom, and it's a relief in a way.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 10:26:44 PM
Ah well, what's done is done, I guess.  I'm glad that the uprising wasn't serious enough to warrant your site's shutdown, or anything like that.    Either way, just on a personal standpoint, I kinda find all of this fascinating.  I guess from a nerdy way, I suppose.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 01:40:08 AM
@PB -  It nearly did warrent a shutdown as my modivation to do my site took a pretty big hit.  But I didn't shut it down.  So, few outside the forums noticed the change.  Although Mags has not felt the same about my own community since (even after I banned a slew of people that were responsible for a large chunk of trouble). 

@Vixy - it does help.  Of course my own litle rebellion didn't come from staff really.  It's a long story though.  And it's prettty much over.

Offline Lord Phoenix

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 11:11:39 PM
 :o

I wasn't aware my site warranted such discussion anymore. As to the suggestions of people taking PMM's content and reforming it....won't happen, I can say that much. Howdy Gauntlet. Good to see you're still around and making the community a better place.