MadManX · 11090

Offline MadManX

• Supporter of Everything Epic!
  • Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
on: April 21, 2010, 03:26:09 AM
I came up with an idea a while ago, and I think it would be an interesting game:

Rather than make placeholder sequels for Rock, why doesn't Capcom make a prequel to the Zero series, detailing the Four Guardians before Copy X? I mean, it would fit the RPG standard, each of them enforcing their own area of expertise, and since Levi and Fef never got their explanation on character, this would help establish backstory. They could explain their lives before meeting Zero, and go up to the Elf Wars and Omega's involvement.

Now, before anyone cries out dumbass fanon, they don't necessarily have to REMEMBER Zero. They could have been infected, and the only way out was a "reformatting", wiping out all traces of memory.

I know what I'm saying may sound hacked together, but I could imagine this working for the DS (better than making another platformer, which ZX has going). So, any thoughts?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:50:00 PM
I'm all for a Guardians spin-off of any sort.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:15:46 PM
detailing the Four Guardians before Copy X?

Simulating how to clean up the oceans and the skies?... Or the part where they hung out all chummy in Cyberspace before being given bodies?

They didn't exist before X sealed himself away; their job from the very beginning was to serve under Copy-X.

Meaning...

and go up to the Elf Wars and Omega's involvement.

They never fought in Elf Wars and never met Omega prior to ZERO3.

And...

They could have been infected

There was nothing to infect them with; the Sigma Virus had been deleted by Mother Elf, and the Dark Elf was sealed away.

since Levi and Fef never got their explanation on character

The Green Slasher/[Sage] Wise General Harpuia /CV Megumi Ogata

The long, drawn out Iregular Wars resulted in mankind's very existence being threatened, due to the immeasurably damaged state of the earth's environment. Aiming to rebuild the world of man, Neo Arcadia established two primary objectives. One, the eradication of the Iregulars who had been the cause of the wars; and two, to revive the earth's environment for expanding the region of human habitation. Operating a giant weather control mechaniloid, Harpuia brought about a blessing wind of hope to the people. A Sonic Blade in each hand, his swords are wielded in a manner of absolute seriousness. Persistent in his ideal "for the sake of the humans," the people praised him as the "wise general," while the Resistance feared him as "the slasher." He battled the Resistance at the remains of the laboratory called the "historic ruins." He was "hunting" the Resistance's leader, a young human girl whose capture should have proven to end the fighting. Standing in his way, was a single red repliroid. When his mighty wind was quenched, his pride plummeted down to earth, and his anger blew into a raging tempest.

The Crimson Powerhouse/[Fighting] Battle General Fefnir /CV Kazuya Nakai

To use military force to combat Iregulars and Resistance members who escaped Neo Arcadia to the wastelands, they developed the "Scorched Earth Operation" in which extermination attacks were performed. A roller strategy involved carpet bombing, and deployment of an enormous ground force for total supremacy. These severe tactics strike terror into all Irregulars who witness it. If the fighting ahead isn't ceased immediately, they will never know another peaceful night's sleep. At the forefront of the Scorched Earth Operations, a single repliroid's form can always be made out. A grotesque silhouette with a giant launcher equipped on one arm. Rarely will he equip "that" on both arms, invoking the name of the treacherous cities which were burned to ruin. When he does come out with both arms roaring, cleansing fire will rain down from the heavens, burning hostile enemies to their final breath, as in those two cities. His singular purpose in existence being to reign over destruction and the engage in the pursuit of power.  In thinking of legendary "red" opponent his own "crimson" trembles. Only in the heat of that moment does the evil dragon grind his teeth.

Ocean Blue Sea Goddess/[Fairy] Siren General Leviathan /CV Yuka Imai

The fall of the giant colony "Eurasia" from the Iregular Wars was the single disaster that caused the greatest degree of damage. A punishment that drove an ugly hole into mother earth, causing catastrophic damage to the troposphere, and people could not reap the benefits of the "blessings of the sea" for a long time. Therefore, from both the sea and the air a large-scale tropospheric control operation for the rejuvenation of the environment was conducted. From the main shaft of Neo Arcadia, she used her abilities to do her part for the operation. She was created in order to earn back the favor of the goddess of the sea. Just like the sea goddess, she is fickle and moody in temperament. For her, regeneration of the environment and hunting the Resistance are nothing but boring and tedious tasks. The water dragon parts the sea, and coffins of ice envelope her unwitting prey, the pathetic spoils of war unworthy of facing her. Not one of them could satisfy her, make her whimsical heart dance as she yearned for. That is, until she finally discovered him. Surely, if it was really him, he could liberate her from her boredom.  When she caught a glimpse of her red trophy conquest from the corner of her icy eye, the sea goddess flashed a dubious smile.

Jet Black Illusion/Undercover General Phantom /CV Tetsu Inada

In Neo Arcadia, those who can escape under suspicion of Iregularity are few, but those who can survive long are even fewer. Many who try to hide are quickly discovered and dealt with by a certain oppressive unit. The leadership of this anti-Iregular, anti-Resistance intelligence unit, called the "Zan'ei" [shodow execution] unit is undertaken single-handedly by Phantom. Originally, he and his unit acted as "X"'s personal safeguard and defenders. With his ability he became like a shadow, always at his master's side, also displaying unparalleled skills in the field of secret intelligence operations. Lurking in the enemy's shadow, striking from the shadows. Melting into the shadows even as he strikes the enemy down. Desiring nothing for himself, his loyalty to his master is unconditional. Then the red one appeared with the swift light in his hand. He made haste to entwine himself with this body's shadow. His master's enemy's blasphemous light could not be permitted. From the gloom of darkness he struck out with his blade soundlessly, aiming unyieldingly at the light.

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:56:32 PM
Okay, thanks for posting stuff that SHOULD be on the MMKB. :\

I guess I straddled a bit too far from the source material, as I would think Fefnir would have made a good part of the Construction force (welding and recycling management) before heading off to the X-guardians as the leading force of the Pantheon, aka. The Demoman.

However, even though they are leaders of the construction force for the Earth, I think they'd still approach Maverick hunting as a side job. More behind-the-scenes work, until the Elf Wars began in full swing. I was thinking that they would make it more like how Resident Evil treats their side stories: a sub-villain being misguided by the main villain, then after he's out of the way, when Vile introduces Omega, that's when it becomes more as a scripted endgame, like the Vava battles in Mega Man X. It would describe the destruction that Omega has caused towards the world, causing the world so much suffering that the Four Guardians start becoming Maverick naturally (infected wasn't the right word, because of the irregular/maverick issue here), via Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (because it would fit the mood of MMZ better). After X and Zero defeat Omega (because I did study the TELOS translations, just didn't make it apparent), they visit the medical ward to see each of them individually. Seeing their individual states, Zero questions whether his reputation can be redeemed, he seals himself, and the X-Guardians get wiped clean of their memories after that, leaving only a faded memory.

*Note: Did not catch that part of "being built around Copy X". My bad of horrible fanon. :(

Maybe, though...TO THE ADOBE FLASH TUTORIAL CAVE!!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 12:14:46 AM
MadManX, keep in mind MMKB is never a place to go for Rockman facts; unless Quickie takes over...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 12:55:15 AM
I think they'd still approach Maverick hunting as a side job. More behind-the-scenes work, until the Elf Wars began in full swing.
*Note: Did not catch that part of "being built around Copy X". My bad of horrible fanon.

No shame in thinking the Big4 might have fought at that time. The ten shining weapons indeed implicate that they were around during the Irregular Wars. But, we recently learned the following:

"The Legendary Blue Messiah" X
The legendary blue repliroid and ruler of Neo Arcadia who symbolizes "infinite potential" and a "purveyor of justice" for all.
Though he had done so for the sake of peace, he often worried over having to destroy his fellow repliroids during the long confrontations of the "Irregular Wars", a condition which went mostly unchanged even after Zero went to sleep following the Nightmare Incident.
In the closing period of the Irregular Wars (later referred to as the Elf Wars), X cooperated with Zero who had acquired a copy body, to capture the Dark Elf, and arranged to use his anti-virus countermeasure to seal her within his own body.
When he sealed the Dark Elf, the shock forced X's soul from his body and split it into 5 cyber elves.
Eventually, 4 of these souls were incorporated into the Shitennou of Neo Arcadia, while one continued to wander the earth.

I do however think a Command Mission-esque title would work for the Elf Wars; it just wouldn't include the Big4.

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 02:04:56 AM
In my opinion, the point of Command Mission was the main character leading an assembled group against the enemy, so a "Mega Man Zero Command Mission" would need to follow that concept.

Although Zero often comes across as a lone wolf, he did lead the 0th Unit of the Maverick Hunters in the X series. I think Zero's leadership skills have been largely neglected in the games, and I'd like to see a title focusing on that side of his character. Examples of a possible stories I can think of are Zero forming a group to shut down a major operation of Neo Arcadia, or to stop a faction of extremist Reploids attempting to destroy Neo Arcadia. There are gaps in the timeline of the series that could be filled by such a game.

I don't think the setting of the Elf Wars would be appropriate for this kind of side story, especially with Zero's limited role in the war itself.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:07:20 PM
That sounds like a good idea to me! I'd also be a good chance to see characters that could be just as strong as Zero.
Maybe other reploids that fought against Neo Arcadia in the past. I'm sure they were other combat reploids besides
Craft in that era.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 01:47:47 AM
All great ideas, although in all honesty I don't see why an "Elf Wars" title couldn't just be an X Command Mission 2.  I mean, X is as much a part of Elf Wars as Zero (in fact I'm quite interested in X's actions during that time frame, since according to the Zero Collection website he's supposed to be opposing Project Elpizo from the get-go).

Of course, if they wanted to do "Zero Command Mission", they could just pull an X7 and have X at a desk job for the majority.  Nevertheless, an Elf Wars game should have X on the battlefield at some point.  It's already established both in-game and in drama tracks that he and Zero double-team Omega.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 02:05:21 AM
It's already established both in-game and in drama tracks that he and Zero double-team Omega.

I think this is actually a count against an Elf Wars RPG title. RPGs normally have teams of three or more. How would that work with a final boss who by the canon was only defeated by two people?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 02:45:51 AM
I can think of a game where the final boss was ultimately defeated by just one person... it could work...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 02:55:10 AM
Or they add new or existing characters into that game, adding new elements to an existing plot.

It will add new canon to an already existing canon. It's been done before.

The Rockman team has to agree with those ideas tho.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 03:00:12 AM
I think this is actually a count against an Elf Wars RPG title. RPGs normally have teams of three or more. How would that work with a final boss who by the canon was only defeated by two people?

It worked well for Paper Mario!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 03:43:23 AM
I shouldn't have to educate you about the differences between story presentations and gameplay mechanics; remember Scarface challenging X to combat?

Surely Omega fought (read: slaughtered) many Reploids.  That X and Zero delivered the final blow does mean that others cannot be involved in the final battle.  Likewise, XCM cutscenes show only our Class S Hunters against Great Redips; didn't stop anyone else from participating.

And who says Omega needs to be the last boss?  I, frankly, would find that very anti-climactic.  By Weil's own words, Omega never reached his full power during Elf Wars.  So one way or the other we're dealing with something devastating, but not up to the level of Z3.  Weil could have made other last-ditch efforts, or perhaps those backing him weren't willing to throw in the towel.  Omega's defeat is surely key to the Elf Wars' end, but I think there's room for a "last story" scenario afterwards.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 03:46:22 AM
That makes sense to me.

It could mean others may have helped in the battle, but were removed from combat in various ways, leaving only X and Zero to deal the final blow.

Offline MadManX

• Robot Master
  • The Fightin' Fef!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 02:47:44 AM
Wow, didn't expect this topic to go this far. ^^; Honestly thought this would be locked or something...

As for the exact detail about how X and Zero landed the final blow against Omega, technically they are the strongest "reploids" and probably the only two of their kind to take down someone like Omega. However, that isn't to say that no one assisted them before that moment. THAT part is uncovered ground. And for all we know, it's a cutscene of a larger picture. Sure, some new facts I just discovered here may have detoured a sound gameplay structure, but just look at Mega Man X: Command Mission. It might be filler, sure, but they proved they have enough creativity to tie up a reasonably vague plot point (even if the characters themselves might not be...*coughGambitLookAlikecough*)

As for the Four Guardians, I guess ZX is the only way to explore their "hero" sides...unless Capcom turned it into an RTS set in an alternate universe, where Zero was left for dead and Elpizo was the only one commanding the Resistance with Ciel.

I fan can dream, I guess... óVó

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 06:49:31 PM
Does this actually exist? I saw someone mention it on gamefaqs as being like Breath of Fire, but can't find it with Google.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 08:09:39 PM
No, this is just a musing of MadManX.

From over a year ago. D:

Cool idea though.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 08:46:01 PM
You know, anything involving the 4 Guardians from either MMZ or MMZX will be Badass.

I would love to see the chemistry between either the brothers and sister of MMZ be expanded on or see the clashing ideals of the MMZX incarnations elaborated.

Though there is a slight issue with your theory, it implies that Capcom actually cares about Megaman, something that has not happened since, well, the-game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned got cancelled. 

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 09:07:19 PM
Though there is a slight issue with your theory, it implies that Capcom actually cares about Megaman, something that has not happened since, well, the-game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned got cancelled. 
That wasn't very long ago.